Round 20 - Yo Adrian We Did it!

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 20 - Yo Adrian We Did it!

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:12 pm

Ok Hoggsters. Finals time. Unless you have completely spudded up in your league you've still got some SuperCoach action this weekend, even if you have more donuts than Balfours and no trades to get rid of them with. Early mail, which is really late mail is that North midfield dynamo Ben 'Hairloss' Cunnington is having a battle with testicular cancer. I ******* that that disease so no tasteless jokes from me this time around. It's a real bugger for Cunners' owners because he had a delayed start, racked up the points and is no out of action for this week and you'd have to think he'd be in doubt for the rest of the year.

Good news for a change is that the COVID boys are back. Not sure on Junkley but Mills, Toby and Holler are all back in their teams as the quarantine was backdated to the time these boys attended the Rugger (for Mills and Tobe). Good luck to anyone who has avoided the most recent carnage but I get the feeeling that not too many did.

Congratulations to all finalists except for my opponents Watts & Motts, Mediocre at Best and Kiwi Krappers, all of whom outrank me easily.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Re: Round 20 - Yo Adrian We Did it!

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:27 am

Upgrading Jordon.

Lyons, Guthrie, Zorko, Parker, Brayshaw(Freo) or Liberatore?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:11 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Upgrading Jordon.

I reckon Guthrie or Parker. These guys are on the upswing in form. Guffers getting back to his best coming off injury and is currently a key mid for Geelong with Duncan and probably Selwood out. The Cats also have three at home in a row to finish the season. I had no Cats at all for most of the year before loading up on Stewart, Dangerfield Hawkins since the byes. Parker is a great little pod at a nice price, he kicks goals as well. Average 118 over the past five and that's elite.

Libber is a contested ball freak but coaches are awake to his value to the Dogs and he's starting to attract tags regularly. Formwise Lyons and Zorko appear to be on the downswing. Lyons has dropped 50k in recent weeks which has coincided with the return of Neale. As a small forward, Zorko gets a bebefit from bigs creating the contest and with Hipwood down the Lions don't look quite as well organised up forward. I reckon his best scores might be behind him this year....I hope so as I don't have him! Brayshaw goes ok but Fyfe is gone for the year so that puts a target on his back. For me it's

1. Guthrie
2. Parker
3. Zorko
4. Brayshaw
5. Liberatore
6. Lyons

I've put a bit of thought into this kind of player as I don't trust Kelly's durability.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Feenix » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:30 pm

Supercoach finals just got turned on their head. 2 games cancelled and a 3rd one too unless they relocate it to Melbourne. Fun times
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:38 pm

Absolute chaos. Postponements, best 18, 2 extra trades and the elimination of the prefinals bye if Gill can't satisfy the Qld Premier. He's her bitch right now.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby fish » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:53 pm

Looks like a mega Sunday with five games
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby JK » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:50 pm

Had a nice lead but now I’m gonna get rolled .. Daniher, Ridley, Bramble, Bailey all killing me. To make matters worse couldn’t loophole Steele which shaved 40 crucial points off the C. Stoopid bloody game :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby fish » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:28 pm

JK wrote:Had a nice lead but now I’m gonna get rolled .. Daniher, Ridley, Bramble, Bailey all killing me. To make matters worse couldn’t loophole Steele which shaved 40 crucial points off the C. Stoopid bloody game :lol:

Yep I feel like I've wasted a whole year. Lost 8 out of 8 league matchups
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:42 pm

Bolton, Daniher and Taranto i could kiss you. Nine straight if you dont mind umpire!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:14 am

Rik E Boy wrote:Bolton, Daniher and Taranto i could kiss you. Nine straight if you dont mind umpire!

regards,

REB

Sadly I had two of those, Quinten has been deplorable of late, was a solid contributor for most of the season.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:16 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Upgrading Jordon.

I reckon Guthrie or Parker. These guys are on the upswing in form. Guffers getting back to his best coming off injury and is currently a key mid for Geelong with Duncan and probably Selwood out. The Cats also have three at home in a row to finish the season. I had no Cats at all for most of the year before loading up on Stewart, Dangerfield Hawkins since the byes. Parker is a great little pod at a nice price, he kicks goals as well. Average 118 over the past five and that's elite.

Libber is a contested ball freak but coaches are awake to his value to the Dogs and he's starting to attract tags regularly. Formwise Lyons and Zorko appear to be on the downswing. Lyons has dropped 50k in recent weeks which has coincided with the return of Neale. As a small forward, Zorko gets a bebefit from bigs creating the contest and with Hipwood down the Lions don't look quite as well organised up forward. I reckon his best scores might be behind him this year....I hope so as I don't have him! Brayshaw goes ok but Fyfe is gone for the year so that puts a target on his back. For me it's

1. Guthrie
2. Parker
3. Zorko
4. Brayshaw
5. Liberatore
6. Lyons

I've put a bit of thought into this kind of player as I don't trust Kelly's durability.

regards,

REB

I could've brought in Jesus for all that it mattered as I was simply thrashed!!!

Ridley, Salem, Taranto, Joe the Goose and Toby Greene ensured that I went out in dismal fashion.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:24 am

Just to add some turmoil to the SC finals, Lin Jong has announced his retirement.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy