Pre-season progress

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Pre-season progress

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:28 pm

Does anyone have any links to see how players have scored during the pre-season comp?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: Pre-season progress

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:52 pm

Fanfooty.com.au
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:03 pm

Pretty short thread lol. Yeah mate fanfooty is the place. Here is my rooks overview.

Defence

Ah crap! Every decent rook defender has gone down like a plastic cup of beer at a test match. A lot of coaches are loading up on the backline, here's why

Sinn - will he won't he expensive. Maybe
Hinge - Ok for now but what happens to his role if Milera and Seedsman come back? Shit price and shit shoulder as well. Maybe
Dean - Gone
O'Driscoll - Not selected yesterday ffs. Pass
P McCartin - the saviour! Looks set to resurrect his career at Sydney but he gets knocked out more than Will Pucovski. No choice really yes.
Kemp - should get games but wont score shit. Maybe
W Kelly - might get a game or two but appears to be on the outer at Collingwood. Pass
Gibcus - good JS but won't score many points. Maybe
SDK - good JS but won't score many points but does have DPP. Yes
Wilmot - suspended Round 1 but might be worth a look now Kiddy Coleman has gone down.

Mids

JHF - expensive but you probably have to pick him due to a derth of decent rooks elsewhere. Should average 85 so he won't be a rapid earner at his hprice. Yes
Ward - looked sensational on the weekend with a 124 but no Titchell or JOM. You probably have to start him for the same reasons above.
Naicos - This guy could average 90 and earn DPP as a Def come round 6. If he goes into that D6 spot it could resolve the current defensive woes.
Davies - under the radar lets see how he goes tonight. A little pricey but the Suns need to replace Greenwood in the middle and Bowes, the initial replacement has gone down. Luko the big threat. Watch.
Facrae - not sure he scores enough to be worth the inclusion at his price. Whether you pick him or not depends on your structure. Good JS I think.
D Stephens - sensational yesterday and he looks set for a big year. JPK was doing a bit of work off the ball yesterday but Horse is Horse so who knows what will happen. He's a lock for me. Yes
C Stephens - Love to see him play but if you are counting on Scott to play rookies you haven't been paying attention. No for me
McGuinnness - looks super fit but appears to have a few in front of him at Hawthorn. Bench if you have the cash
CMcDonald - Hawfies quite bullish on this young bloke so a bit of a smokey. No for me but go with your gut.
G Clark - gone
Chesser - gone
Houghton - dodgy JS and not a big scorer either. Pass
Mead - might go close but Port a pretty strong side these days so an unlikely starter with dodgy JS. Pass

Rucks

Comben - unsighted last weekend and Xerri is ahead of him. No
HDixon - WCE youngster should earn a bit of dosh at R3 if you aren't backing in Pruess (a selection I still don't get)
Hayes - Still pretty raw, not sure how much game time he will get at the power
Pruess - who can honestly afford 200 for R3 when all the rooks that will be playing will be 160k plus? If yours are big enough to play Pruess at R2 I salute you. Don't like the JS at all and might get suspended as he's been listening to bloody Mumford. Not for me.

Forwards

Hollands - the Suns are being very cautious with this player but he will get games. Downgrade target.
McEntee - got decent minutes last weekend which is a good sign. Decent little player who I am taking a punt on for my F7.
Pedlar - came on late and got cleaned up. This will hold him back a bit I feel
Rochelle - Absolute lock for your forward line. Kid can really play and has very good JS. F6 fine for this player.
JMotlop - MIA last weekend
TWanganeen - Unfortnately not. Was hoping young Tex would jump the queue but it doesn't look likely. No.
CParker - DPP or not, he won't make any money for you so no.
Ginnivan - should get games but I don't like the price at all so it's a no for me. Again your structure will decide

So that's it boys and girls. I think you are looking at a four keeper structure minimum in defence and in the forwardline which makes it tough to squeeze in Pruess. Not a lot of 123, 117 or 102k look likely at the moment so it's a GnR structure with 400k 'keepers' in the forward line to fit in your expensive rookies. Anyone getting fancy on selections under 123 are going to get bitten on the arse I reckon.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:31 pm

This is my first crack:

DEF
J.Crisp
J.Ridley
J.Short
J.Sicily
J.Gibcus
P.McCartin

MID
Macrae
Steele
Oliver
Neale
Coniglio
JHF
Daicos
Ward

RUCK
Gawn
O'Brien

FWD
Dunkley
Martin
Butters
Brodie
Rachele
Maginnes

BENCH
S.De Koning
B.Uwland
J.Soligo
MacDonald
Tsitas
J.Hayes
Long
McEntee
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:27 pm

A week till the Hogg begins. A few notes.....

1. The Hogg Leagues are FULL. I won't be adding any more teams to the leagues this season. (Phew, finally!)
2. We don't have many takers for the Hogg footytipping. Please click on https://tips.com.au/afl/?action=join-league&code=501601 to join our footy tipping comp. Think we only have ten in there so far.
3. So far we have 106 coaches signed up for the Hogg but we only have 67 in the Hogg Group. It's no point having a group if the third of the players don't sign up for it. The group makes it easier to set up the Hogg next year so if you haven't joined the group yet please consider as Mr Mitsubishi once said. Code for our group is 623573. You can join groups on the 'join league' page but click on the 'join groups' button instead.
4. From Premier on down to Division IV, all leagues are the full 18 teams so the same promotion/relegation rules apply as per previous seasons. Please note that Division V is a 16 team league where matches start in round 1, not round 3.

HAPPY HOGGING BOYS AND GIRLS GAME ON. :D

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:39 pm

Brodlach wrote:Fanfooty.com.au

How do I see the week 1 stats? I can only get week 2.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Week 1 were only trial games, not part of the AAMI 'series'.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:50 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Week 1 were only trial games, not part of the AAMI 'series'.

regards,

REB

series? One match :lol: :lol: . Should be serie.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:58 pm

How did Stengle look?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:How did Stengle look?

First game sensational second game unsighted. Will be a valuable addition for the Cats but not a viable SC option. Plenty of others better value at his price.

McGovern
Curnow
Brodie
Xerri
Rachelle

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy