Socceroo convert accidentally goes to Hyundai A-League match

Home of the A-League, the Soceroos, Local leagues, etc

Postby Gilly » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:08 pm

Saturday, 19 November 2005
Buoyed by the Socceroos' World Cup qualification, a newly converted football fan has paid the ultimate price for his enthusiasm, unwittingly subjecting himself to a Hyundai A-League match. Martin Beauchamp was tricked into attending the event after a work colleague had told him that the A-League was also a form of football. Until these guys start wearing green and gold those seats behind them will remain empty“After the World Cup Qualifier I was dying to see more soccer,” said Beauchamp. “But this was nothing like a soccer game. They didn’t play ‘Down Under’ by Men At Work once, let alone thirty times. And where was John Travolta?”

“Without the crowds, the special effects and the hype, there was nothing to pay attention to but the soccer itself,” he said. “How awful.”

Undeterred, Beauchamp tried to recapture the atmosphere of the World Cup Qualifier by becoming outrageously drunk and hugging everyone in the crowd, only to get himself glassed.

However, it was the standard of the football that most troubled the Paddington solicitor. “All they did was pass the ball to each other a lot, and take some shots on goal - boring. They need Guus Hiddink to spice things up for them with his supercoaching.”

“Worse still, my team lost,” he said. “I hate this sport!”

But Beauchamp denies he’s a fair-weather supporter. “I’m a huge soccer fan - I only have a problem with this stupid A-League,” he said. “If they just kept to playing qualification matches for the World Cup and winning in penalty shoot-outs, I’d be here every week.”

Beauchamp plans to return to being a Sydney Swans fan until the World Cup Finals next July.

Source: chaser.com.au
Gilly
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby U LEGS » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:21 pm

What an idiot! :roll:
BRRRRRRUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There's Only One BRUNO!
U LEGS
Rookie

Postby The_Bay_Boy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:09 pm

:) :) ha ha ha

Thats good.

I like the idea of world cup qualifiers everyweek.

and i can't get enough of hearing "Down under" 30 times either.
The_Bay_Boy
Rookie

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer