A-League season 2016-17

Home of the A-League, the Soceroos, Local leagues, etc

Re: A-League season 2016-17

Postby Wedgie » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:42 pm

Woo-hoo Mariners. I did the right thing and stayed away despite it being 5 minutes from home. :lol:
I forgot what a win was like!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby carey » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:30 am

Jim05 wrote:
carey wrote:Adelaide united to do a West Adelaide in the SANFL this year???????

Zero chance.
A bit of money in the kitty and some decent players will come in. Will get some decent Spanish recruits come in

Hmmmmmm
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Jim05 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:32 am

carey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Zero chance.
A bit of money in the kitty and some decent players will come in. Will get some decent Spanish recruits come in

Hmmmmmm

Played well last night, just need a bit of composure up front and the wins will come.
Can't see us winning it but won't be bottom
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3566 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Keefy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:52 pm

Jim05 wrote:
carey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Zero chance.

Hmmmmmm

Played well last night, just need a bit of composure up front and the wins will come.

O'Doherty and Garrucio impressed me last night. Even the other young lads off the bench weren't afraid to take on the Roar defence.

Certainly had them rattled at times
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Brodlach » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:22 pm

O'Doherty's last touch really let's him down IMO
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby RB » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Jim05 wrote:
carey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Zero chance.

Hmmmmmm

Agreed.

When Cirio and Marrone are fit there should be more pressure on the wide players to play well.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 773 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:54 am

carey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Zero chance.

Hmmmmmm

Do you not remember last season? or do you just take any opportunity to have a dig?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:00 am

RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Played well last night, just need a bit of composure up front and the wins will come.

Agreed.

When Cirio and Marrone are fit there should be more pressure on the wide players to play well.

I went to the game friday night and before i give my thought i recommend anyone not to buy a seat in row J in the Western stand! bloody people always in your view they walk past the isle!

There's no doubt we don't have the quality of last year which may undo us in the end. I thought they played well in patches but just didnt take their opportunities when they had momentum. I still don't know how Brisbanes GK didn't save that header. I had direct view of it and thought it was very saveable. We seem so small compared to last year. O'Doherty and our other winger look like mosquitos on the pitch. In saying that i did like O'Dohertys game. still not panic stations yet but need a win asap
Last edited by mighty hounds on Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:07 am

mighty hounds wrote:
RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Played well last night, just need a bit of composure up front and the wins will come.

Agreed.

I went to the game friday night and before i give my thought i recommend anyone not to buy a seat in row J in the Western stand! bloody people always in your view they walk past the isle!

There's no doubt we don't have the quality of last year which may undo us in the end. I thought they played well in patches but just didnt take their opportunities when they had momentum. I still don't know how Brisbanes GK didn't save that penalty. I had direct view of it and thought it was very saveable. We seem so small compared to last year. O'Doherty and our other winger look like mosquitos on the pitch. In saying that i did like O'Dohertys game. still not panic stations yet but need a win asap

What penalty?
It was a headed goal from Sergi
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:21 am

People were walking past as the ball went in the net :lol: :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:32 am

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
RB wrote:

Agreed.

There's no doubt we don't have the quality of last year which may undo us in the end. I thought they played well in patches but just didnt take their opportunities when they had momentum. I still don't know how Brisbanes GK didn't save that penalty. I had direct view of it and thought it was very saveable. We seem so small compared to last year. O'Doherty and our other winger look like mosquitos on the pitch. In saying that i did like O'Dohertys game. still not panic stations yet but need a win asap

What penalty?
It was a headed goal from Sergi

my bad meant header haha
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:03 am

Yeah no idea how the keeper didn't save that! For a team that's had quite a few changes, to me we look "OK" but just that. I know we didnt, but performance wise we really could have won our last 3 or 4 games.

Jim, with the talk of West Adelaide joining the comp, what's the deal with City - I always thought they'd be the next in line?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:40 am

JK wrote:Yeah no idea how the keeper didn't save that! For a team that's had quite a few changes, to me we look "OK" but just that. I know we didnt, but performance wise we really could have won our last 3 or 4 games.

Jim, with the talk of West Adelaide joining the comp, what's the deal with City - I always thought they'd be the next in line?

Surely South Australia can't have two professional teams. I would be against Weat Adelaide joining
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:08 am

JK wrote:Yeah no idea how the keeper didn't save that! For a team that's had quite a few changes, to me we look "OK" but just that. I know we didnt, but performance wise we really could have won our last 3 or 4 games.

I believe West Adelaide are looking at a bid and have someone with deep pockets financing it. City still keen and I hope that someone can come forward with the $
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:09 am

mighty hounds wrote:

Surely South Australia can't have two professional teams. I would be against Weat Adelaide joining

Will be 2 teams in SA within 5 years.
A-League looking at another 4-6 sides over the next 5 years. Tassie has a very strong proposal infront of the league currently
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:25 am

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

A-League looking at another 4-6 sides over the next 5 years. Tassie has a very strong proposal infront of the league currently

I hope not
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:38 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

I hope not

The league is getting better slowly and the money is there but we need a promotion/relegation system that can't happen without new sides. I also believe the FFA is under pressure from FIFA and the AFC to implement a 2 division setup or risk losing a spot in the Asian champions league and could affect our chances of hosting future events
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Yep there will be a southern based Adelaide side in the next 5 years.

That is why United have moved to the north as they were told they needed to capture a region and they chose the north
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2541 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RB » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:46 pm

Can't imagine either Adelaide City or West Adelaide 'capturing' the southern half of the city, but I guess any new team needs a geographical base - compare the crowds that attend Wanderers games v the crowds that attend Melbourne City (no distinct geographical base) games.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 773 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Postby carey » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:10 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
carey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Zero chance.

Hmmmmmm

Do you not remember last season? or do you just take any opportunity to have a dig?

Lol Both! :lol:

Admittedly I thought they were very good in patches Friday, Still think Adelaide are way to easy to score against on the counter.

An injury free roster would certainly help but even at full strength this is far from the roster that had an incredible run last year.

For what it's worth I don't think Adelaide will finish bottom, Central Coast should have that honor
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer