What type of player does your club need to sign for 2011/12?

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

What type of player does your club need to sign for 2011/12?

Postby westozfalcon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:25 pm

Obviously we'd all love to have Lionel Messi or David Villa in our teams but realistically what are the major deficiencies of your side that you think they should addresss in the offseason transfer market?

As an Aston Villa fan I think the main priority for us is a big, strong centre back to shore up a defence that tends to leak goals.

Additionally, given that we will almost certainly lose Ashley Young, a pacy attacking midfielder would be useful.

And finally a reliable strike partner to complement Darren Bent would put the icing on the cake for a solid campaign.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: What type of player does your club need to sign for 2011/12?

Postby westozfalcon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:27 pm

westozfalcon wrote:Obviously we'd all love to have Lionel Messi or David Villa in our teams but realistically what are the major deficiencies of your side that you think they should addresss in the offseason transfer market?

As an Aston Villa fan I think the main priority for us is a big, strong centre back to shore up a defence that tends to leak goals.

Additionally, given that we will almost certainly lose Ashley Young, a pacy attacking midfielder would be useful.

And finally a reliable strike partner to complement Darren Bent would put the icing on the cake for a solid campaign.

Actually one I overlooked was a goalkeeper. Since Brad Friedel is set to leave a new stopper is probably the number one priority for Villa!
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Il Duce » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Some young hungry players who can overtake the position of the senior team players. Sturridge can, Mceachran can, betrantd can, bourma can and van an hoult can. They are players already at club, either bought young from another club (sturridge) or in our youth team who are good enough and besides Mceachran are not going to get a real gig in the senior team, meaning we dont need to buy anyone just use what we got in the youth team, instead of selling them. However besides me still crying about youth team policy, Chelsea need some proper wingers on both sides, a new defensive mid, a right back and new second striker
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby once_were_warriors » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Norwich need to further strengthen the midfield , get some pace in the central defence and a number 2 keeper.

With the addition of Vaughan and Morison I think the attack looks sound ( whether they are premiership class is yet to be seen).

I'd like to get Lansbury back on a season loan again from Arsenal to add some class.

I think Lambert is a smart manager and will stick to recruiting hungry players from the championship and lower leagues, rather than existing unwanted premiership types.

OTBC
If at first you don't succeed , then destroy all evidence that you tried in the first place
once_were_warriors
Under 18s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Pidge » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:48 am

Leeds United

First of all, Ken Bates needs to give Simon Grayson the money to spend in the off-season.
Teams like Forest (with McLaren), West Ham, Leicester, Birmingham, Millwall, Southampton, Ipswich etc.. would fancy their chances of pushing for promotion this coming season, so Leeds really do need to strengthen the squad.

Up front we're pretty set with Becchio as first choice, with McCormack, Somma and Paynter there as well.

Midfield is an area we need to strengthen. Snodgrass and Gradel are the wingers, with Sam, McCormack and possibly Aidy White coming into first team calculations next season, so that's good. Howson and Nunez are both attack minded midfielders. Clayton is decent, although i'm not sure if he'll come into the team. We need probably TWO midfielders. A Defensive Midfielder and/or a good solid CM.

Defense leaked something like 70 goals last year. Kisnorbo hopefully will come back and be in full fitness. O'Brien struggled late in the season. Bruce and Bromby couldn't hold down a first-team place and Naylor has left. Leeds need at least ONE centre back, preferrably a bigger name. Left Back and Right Back are positions we need at least ONE new player in.

Also, a good back-up to Kasper Schmeichel is needed.

Hopefully Bates gives Grayson a good 2-3 million to spend.

I wouldn't mind Eric Lichaj coming in from Villa as he's available on a free.
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:07 am

Anyone who can kick a ball :oops:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Bully » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Goal keepers a plenty
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby devilsadvocate » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:29 pm

2 strikers who can ... erm ... strike!

And someone to shut Harry up when there's a microphone in his face.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby smithy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:43 pm

westozfalcon wrote:Obviously we'd all love to have Lionel Messi or David Villa in our teams but realistically what are the major deficiencies of your side that you think they should addresss in the offseason transfer market?

I think Aston Villa desperately need Emiliano Insua, David Ngog, Christian Poulsen, Philip Degen, Lucas Leiva and Milan Jovanovic.
smithy

Postby mickey » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:20 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:2 strikers who can ... erm ... strike!

mickey
Coach

Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby smithy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:46 pm

smithy

Postby Il Duce » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:44 am

da welcome back when did you re-enter the fourm, i have missed our football talks
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:30 am

I think we need to strengthen our goalkeepers, back four, midfield and attack. And a couple for the bench too
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby mickey » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:58 am

johntheclaret wrote:I think we need to strengthen our goalkeepers, back four, midfield and attack. And a couple for the bench too

So just a little bit of a tinker needed JTC ;)
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:07 am

mickey wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:I think we need to strengthen our goalkeepers, back four, midfield and attack. And a couple for the bench too

So just a little bit of a tinker needed JTC ;)

Aye. We have been chasing Bournemouths keeper but that's fallen through.
Howe says he wants 2 or 3 new signings before the start of the season but I just can't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:42 pm

Il Duce wrote:

da welcome back when did you re-enter the fourm, i have missed our football talks

Back for the long haul mate. I see you got a job coaching swindon town! LOL

Will have to catch up for a pint at a utd game!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby Il Duce » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:53 am

we will have to catch up for a pint, just go to the red army and ask for il duce, u will be directed towards me. btw to qoute sven on special one tv, who wants to manage at a sh*t hole like swindon, cant believe di canio took that job could be intresting hope he does well cause he was a fantastic footballer and people only seem to remember him for the saulte to the roma fans
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer