EPL Discussion 2011-2012

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: EPL Discussion 2011-2012

Postby FRED » Wed May 16, 2012 1:19 am

FRED wrote:
whufc wrote:One of the highlights of the night was watching the Sunderland fans do the Man Citeh celebration with the backs turned linked arms up and down to the Man United fans, looked like it was going to cause a riot.

Whats the deal with that celebration anyway?

Was at the game yesterday (4th game since Ive been here) best atmosphere, the Sunderlnd fans really gave it to the United fans after the game
Would send some pics through if someone could tell me how

FRED
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Bully » Wed May 16, 2012 6:58 am

devilsadvocate wrote:
Bully wrote:Image

How the mighty have fallen.....celebrating 3rd and a scrappy win against a perennial yoyo club.

its not that they are celebratiing third there champ,maybe they are, its the fact, YET AGAIN, that we have finished ABOVE your football club. All season you went on and on about 'mind the gap' and 'arsenal will be playing in the championship next season, and 'the derby against millwall' will be the best game for arsenal next season. Yet this was not the case. The facts are there for themselves DA.
You have been one of the admirers of the championsleague over the years, and now since your team hasnt made it yet, it seems you dont care. Im sure that if tottingham were in arsenals position, both myself and MH,footysmart wouldnt hear the end of it. You give a lot, yet seem to not take it .
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Footy Smart » Wed May 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Bully wrote:
devilsadvocate wrote:
Bully wrote:Image

How the mighty have fallen.....celebrating 3rd and a scrappy win against a perennial yoyo club.

its not that they are celebratiing third there champ,maybe they are, its the fact, YET AGAIN, that we have finished ABOVE your football club. All season you went on and on about 'mind the gap' and 'arsenal will be playing in the championship next season, and 'the derby against millwall' will be the best game for arsenal next season. Yet this was not the case. The facts are there for themselves DA.
You have been one of the admirers of the championsleague over the years, and now since your team hasnt made it yet, it seems you dont care. Im sure that if tottingham were in arsenals position, both myself and MH,footysmart wouldnt hear the end of it. You give a lot, yet seem to not take it .

There can only be one winner, normally the rest are just making up the numbers. EPL allows you to have other goals once the title is out of reach.... the lads are rightly celebrating our work to hold onto 3rd spot and playing one of our weakest line ups for a while! the fact we held out the yids is even more reason to celebrate ;)
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Il Duce » Wed May 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Just to add more fuel to fire, even though I could care less about you both...found thi

3Vclz.jpg
3Vclz.jpg (157.51 KiB) Viewed 426 times
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Bully » Wed May 16, 2012 6:22 pm

:lol:

gold ilduce....gold!!!

wish i had found that....

good old monkey man(bale) in true form :D
Bully
Coach

Postby Il Duce » Wed May 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Yeah I tried to send it via pm to yourself, footy smart and might hounds so you 3 could do with it as you wished, but i couldn't work it out cause when it comes to computers "i am so smart, s-m-r-t".
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed May 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Bully wrote:You have been one of the admirers of the championsleague over the years, and now since your team hasnt made it yet, it seems you dont care. Im sure that if tottingham were in arsenals position, both myself and MH,footysmart wouldnt hear the end of it. You give a lot, yet seem to not take it .

Where did I say I don't care? All I care about at the moment is Spurs making UCL. It's what will provide the impetus for us to continue to attract and retain great talent, plus fund a deeper squad, especially when the new stadium comes on line.

If Spurs had finished 3rd above you, I'd have given it to you lot relentlessly.

My point is that you bleat on ad nauseum about Arsenal winning titles blah blah blah, but now you're celebrating third.

For us, after 20 years of abject mediocrity, we are returning to football's peak and are celebrating milestones along the way despite being gutted at once again finishing below your bunch of chocolate train drivers.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby mighty hounds » Wed May 16, 2012 9:07 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:
Bully wrote:You have been one of the admirers of the championsleague over the years, and now since your team hasnt made it yet, it seems you dont care. Im sure that if tottingham were in arsenals position, both myself and MH,footysmart wouldnt hear the end of it. You give a lot, yet seem to not take it .

Where did I say I don't care? All I care about at the moment is Spurs making UCL. It's what will provide the impetus for us to continue to attract and retain great talent, plus fund a deeper squad, especially when the new stadium comes on line.

My point is that you bleat on ad nauseum about Arsenal winning titles blah blah blah, but now you're celebrating third.

For us, after 20 years of abject mediocrity, we are returning to football's peak and are celebrating milestones along the way despite being gutted at once again finishing below your bunch of chocolate train drivers.

Its a photo of the lads being happy after a win and sealing auto champs spot. I dont see champange lying around and being spryed everywhere. I would be too seeing as they were 17th at one point and looking at going now where.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Bully » Thu May 17, 2012 1:06 am

devilsadvocate wrote:

please remind me where i do this??? I have said that we have won the EPL, never go on and on about it.
Last edited by Bully on Thu May 17, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bully
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:37 am

Kenny has bern officially sacked by Liverpool
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3563 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Il Duce » Fri May 18, 2012 12:14 am

personaly I think he needed to go, he spent to much for not enough real return. Henderson, Downing and Adam have been below par (downing has been a utter flop like even more than carroll and torres put together). Enrique has been average at best. Think loaning Joe Cole, Aqualiani turned out to be the wrong moves as they could of done with the both. I also feel he tried to blame to much on Carroll and not actually fix the problem, I also feel that the game has passed him by in the managers game.

He did do a good job in stabilising the club after the owners changed and bought in suarez but I think someone new is need to carry on the job.
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby JK » Fri May 18, 2012 12:29 am

Il Duce wrote:personaly I think he needed to go, he spent to much for not enough real return. Henderson, Downing and Adam have been below par (downing has been a utter flop like even more than carroll and torres put together).

I agree the recruits were shizenhouse .. But if you compare their price and expectation, I wouldn't be comparing anyone with Torres in terms of who was the biggest flop
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:45 am

JK wrote:
Il Duce wrote:personaly I think he needed to go, he spent to much for not enough real return. Henderson, Downing and Adam have been below par (downing has been a utter flop like even more than carroll and torres put together).

I agree the recruits were shizenhouse .. But if you compare their price and expectation, I wouldn't be comparing anyone with Torres in terms of who was the biggest flop

I suppose it depends how much worth you put on things. Torres has been a disappointment this season but scored the winner in the CL semi, if he does the same in the final then he would be hailed as a god and the price tag will be forgotten.
Probably the worst thing is he has squeezed the best striker in the EPL out with the Chavs saying Drogba is free to go. Here is a proven goal scorer who always scores in the big games and who has had a major part in probably every trophy the Chavs have won, scored in 4 FA Cup Finals and a CL Final.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3563 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bully » Fri May 18, 2012 6:57 am

IMO i dont think downing is a flop, he was great at middlesbrough and villa, maybe he doesnt suit liverpools style
Bully
Coach

Postby JK » Fri May 18, 2012 9:55 am

Jim05 wrote:
JK wrote:

I suppose it depends how much worth you put on things. Torres has been a disappointment this season but scored the winner in the CL semi, if he does the same in the final then he would be hailed as a god and the price tag will be forgotten.
Probably the worst thing is he has squeezed the best striker in the EPL out with the Chavs saying Drogba is free to go. Here is a proven goal scorer who always scores in the big games and who has had a major part in probably every trophy the Chavs have won, scored in 4 FA Cup Finals and a CL Final.

Fair call Jim, but if he doesn't score in the final? I am still a great admirer of Torres, and my comment wasn't borne of spite.

Carroll has done bugger all but scored some important cup goals, and I would still rate him as a pretty big flop thus far.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer