Tottenham Hotspur Season 2010/11

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Season 2010/11

Postby Bulls forever » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Bulldog wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:
Bulldog wrote:oh dear.

1 trophy left to play for. Will struggle to get that.

love bully

Wrong Bully, still playing for 2, CL qualification and CL. The trophy for CL qualification is 100 million pounds, fair incentive. But agree we are pushing it uphill at the minute.

Last time i remember...CL qualification does not give you a trophy?? hmmm :roll:
And if you say that it does then WE the better football club of North London is still playing for 3 trophys then ...not 2 as you say ....as usual Arsenal lead Tottenham in the race for CL qual.

playing for ONE trophy. You wont win the EPL...so thats ONE trophy. Typical tottenham support cant add ;).

love bully

Bulldog, I will type slowly so you can understand. Only the big clubs play in the CL, that is a major reason the top players in the world go to those clubs. Winning the FA or Carling Cup will not attract players to a club, but CL qualification will. You don't rate the CL, so be it, but I rate top 4 in EPL as our major focus this year, even if we win the CL, if we don't finish top 4, we don't get a guernsey. It is part of the development of our club, pure and simple. Do we get anything for finishing 4th - no, will it be a significant achievement - yes and worth finances that the other EPL clubs only dream of. So I regard it as a trophy worth aiming for.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby Bully » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 pm

and i will type s l o w l y f o r y o u.

Qualifying for the CL as you stated for the next season DOES NOT win you silverware for THIS season. If you read a previous post of YOURS you will see that you stated that Tottenham is still in the running for TWO trophys this season.
The last time i checked as i typed in aprevious post, Qualifying for NEXT seasons CL DOES NOT win you silverware for THIS season.

So maybe before you say i am stupid, you might wish to read what YOU had posted their champ.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Bulls forever » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Bulldog wrote:and i will type s l o w l y f o r y o u.

Qualifying for the CL as you stated for the next season DOES NOT win you silverware for THIS season. If you read a previous post of YOURS you will see that you stated that Tottenham is still in the running for TWO trophys this season.
The last time i checked as i typed in aprevious post, Qualifying for NEXT seasons CL DOES NOT win you silverware for THIS season.

So maybe before you say i am stupid, you might wish to read what YOU had posted their champ.

Too slowly obviously with all the grammatical mistakes you made. Bulldog, you brought silverware into this argument, I have stated all along that a TROPHY for us to win is CL qualification, not bloody silverware, get over that term. Now, go to the dictionary and read the definition of "Trophy", then you might understand what I am talking about. But in reading the dictionary, don't just focus on the first line. If the conversation is too difficult for you or you wish to try and put words into other peoples mouths, go back to the goon sight.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Bully » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:03 pm

read YOUR previous posts....

you are the one that started this ....3 trophies down...2 to go. 2 trophies down...one to go etc etc

get some glasses....i think you need them
Bully
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:24 am

Bulls forever wrote:
Bulldog wrote:and i will type s l o w l y f o r y o u.

Too slowly obviously with all the grammatical mistakes you made. Bulldog, you brought silverware into this argument, I have stated all along that a TROPHY for us to win is CL qualification, not bloody silverware, get over that term. Now, go to the dictionary and read the definition of "Trophy", then you might understand what I am talking about. But in reading the dictionary, don't just focus on the first line. If the conversation is too difficult for you or you wish to try and put words into other peoples mouths, go back to the goon sight.

shut up BF qualification isnt a trophy, coming first in a competition is a trophy. geez shows how much you gus win. Teams thats are always down the bottom do they go when we survive is a trophy for us? i would consider a bonus
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Bulls forever » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Well we have tidied up the Italians, now come the Spanish, not real sure it matters when you get to final 8, all the dud teams have been eliminated.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby fish » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Bulls forever wrote:...all the dud teams have been eliminated.
*cough* Arsenal *cough* :lol:
fish
Coach

Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Pidge » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Leeds have signed Spurs midfielder Livermore on loan until the end of the season. Anyone know anything about him?
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Bulls forever » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Pidge wrote:Leeds have signed Spurs midfielder Livermore on loan until the end of the season. Anyone know anything about him?

Pidge, can't help really, I know he played pre season games, from my feeble memory big and strong, will do alright in Championship, Spurs have so many players out on loan they are thinking of changing their name to the Bank of Spurs.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby JK » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:49 am

Bulls forever wrote:Spurs have so many players out on loan they are thinking of changing their name to the Bank of Spurm.

?? :D
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4469 times
Been liked: 3009 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:34 pm

Bulls forever wrote:
Pidge wrote:Leeds have signed Spurs midfielder Livermore on loan until the end of the season. Anyone know anything about him?

Pidge, can't help really, I know he played pre season games, from my feeble memory big and strong, will do alright in Championship, Spurs have so many players out on loan they are thinking of changing their name to the Bank of Spurs.

Well with the level of salary and huge bonuses their top earners rake in for underachieving Bank of Spurs seems pretty apt ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Bulls forever » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:38 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:

Well with the level of salary and huge bonuses their top earners rake in for underachieving Bank of Spurs seems pretty apt ;)

JTC, just on that, do they release player salaries over there. I know over here, there is just a lot of speculation about the earn of the top AFL players. How do Spurs rank in player payment terms compared to the other EPL clubs, or this any other measure that is freely available to measure the spending of EPL clubs.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:27 am

No mate, most of it is either leaked or speculation. Terry for example supposed to have got a payrise to stay at Chelsea, taking him to £160k per week, although that doesn't include win, goal or appearance bonuses or any sponsorship deals he has, which for someone with his profile, will be many.

Clubs post annual accounts but players wages are dumped into total salary costs which also include other club employees.
Players salaries are negotiated individually so someone like Bale might be on £20k per week whilst Pavlyuchenko could be on £150k per week.
It depends on thier profile when they signed. No doubt Bale would be in for a huge increase when he negotiates his next contract.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bulls forever » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:16 pm

johntheclaret wrote:No mate, most of it is either leaked or speculation. Terry for example supposed to have got a payrise to stay at Chelsea, taking him to £160k per week, although that doesn't include win, goal or appearance bonuses or any sponsorship deals he has, which for someone with his profile, will be many.

Clubs post annual accounts but players wages are dumped into total salary costs which also include other club employees.
Players salaries are negotiated individually so someone like Bale might be on £20k per week whilst Pavlyuchenko could be on £150k per week.
It depends on thier profile when they signed. No doubt Bale would be in for a huge increase when he negotiates his next contract.

Bale resigned last week, tipping slight increase on the 20k, does anyone want Pav. I think Bale signed for 4, but probably tactical move if Spurs miss CL qual, just means they can sell him to whoever for a huge figure.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:12 am

Bulls forever wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:No mate, most of it is either leaked or speculation. Terry for example supposed to have got a payrise to stay at Chelsea, taking him to £160k per week, although that doesn't include win, goal or appearance bonuses or any sponsorship deals he has, which for someone with his profile, will be many.

Bale resigned last week, tipping slight increase on the 20k, does anyone want Pav. I think Bale signed for 4, but probably tactical move if Spurs miss CL qual, just means they can sell him to whoever for a huge figure.

Miss CL your havin a laugh the money u make from qualifying is huge, spurs aiming high as usual
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Bulls forever » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:04 pm

TW Rooster wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:

Miss CL your havin a laugh the money u make from qualifying is huge, spurs aiming high as usual

Sorry MH, you have confused me, don't Spurs currently sit 5th and looking like missing out on CL qualification on current form, we make nothing from CL if we don't qualify.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:16 am

Bulls forever wrote:
TW Rooster wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:

Sorry MH, you have confused me, don't Spurs currently sit 5th and looking like missing out on CL qualification on current form, we make nothing from CL if we don't qualify.

Thats a shame, you miss out on your trophy then
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:50 pm

A day of records at WHL yesterday

Harry clocked up his 550th EPL game as a manager. Only Fergie and Wenger have clocked up more.

DeFoe scored his 100th EPL goal and of course his 100th goal for Spurs.

Cox scored his 1st ever EPL goal which happened to be Spurs 1,000th goal in the EPL

This game was only the 11th draw between these two sides in 59 meetings.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:21 pm

johntheclaret wrote:A day of records at WHL yesterday

Harry clocked up his 550th EPL game as a manager. Only Fergie and Wenger have clocked up more.

DeFoe scored his 100th EPL goal and of course his 100th goal for Spurs.

Cox scored his 1st ever EPL goal which happened to be Spurs 1,000th goal in the EPL

ill be sure to ask for more in next weeks game ;)
Bully
Coach

Postby Bulls forever » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Bulldog wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:A day of records at WHL yesterday

DeFoe scored his 100th EPL goal and of course his 100th goal for Spurs - JTC, whilst I bow to you superior knowledge, I think you will find he did actually score at Portsmouth.

ill be sure to ask for more in next weeks game ;)
Bulls forever
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer