Championship Discussion - Season 2011-2012

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: Championship Discussion - Season 2011-2012

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 20, 2012 11:04 am

whufc wrote:My head hurts

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

History has generally said since the playoffs were created that the side that is promoted through the playoff system has generally gone on to get the best results in the EPL out of the promoted sides.

True but last night I saw 2 very average sides out there, the Hammers looked ok in the middle and up front but there defence was a shambles at times, Blackpool should have been 3 up early on. If you can bring in some defenders than you could do a Norwich but if you dont get it sorted then you will get carved up.
West Ham have always been one of our bogey sides, after losing Rovers who are the same i was definately hoping for a Tangerines victory
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Sun May 20, 2012 11:31 am

Jim05 wrote:

History has generally said since the playoffs were created that the side that is promoted through the playoff system has generally gone on to get the best results in the EPL out of the promoted sides.

True but last night I saw 2 very average sides out there, the Hammers looked ok in the middle and up front but there defence was a shambles at times, Blackpool should have been 3 up early on. If you can bring in some defenders than you could do a Norwich but if you dont get it sorted then you will get carved up.
West Ham have always been one of our bogey sides, after losing Rovers who are the same i was definately hoping for a Tangerines victory

Yeah the defence is the issue as well as in the centre of the park.

Up front we will be strong with Cole, Vaz Te and Kevin Nolan.

I just hope Big Sam sticks to his guns and buys players he wants to fit into his structures rather than be forced to play the passing style game West Ham have been renowned and expected to play.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5611 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 20, 2012 11:42 am

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Yeah the defence is the issue as well as in the centre of the park.

Up front we will be strong with Cole, Vaz Te and Kevin Nolan.

I just hope Big Sam sticks to his guns and buys players he wants to fit into his structures rather than be forced to play the passing style game West Ham have been renowned and expected to play.

Vaz Te will go well. I said earlier in the season when he was still at Barnsley that I couldnt believe an EPL side hadnt signed him.
The best thing about West Ham returning is the extra London Derbies, hopefully they knick some points off the others.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Sun May 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Were always in the top 3 all year West Ham. Fully deserve promotion.
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5530 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer