EPL Discussion Thread 2010/2011

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: EPL Discussion Thread 2010/2011

Postby Bully » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Il Duce wrote:Plenty of Chelsea fans hate leeds and every game against each since 1970 have been violent. LEH not being a prick but most Chelsea fans dont see Fulham as there rivals just as the people who are next door, Chelsea rivals would be Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham.

and us Arsenal fans agree that we see tottenham as the team that will NEVER be
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:14 am

Bulldog wrote:
Il Duce wrote:Plenty of Chelsea fans hate leeds and every game against each since 1970 have been violent. LEH not being a prick but most Chelsea fans dont see Fulham as there rivals just as the people who are next door, Chelsea rivals would be Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham.

and us Arsenal fans agree that we see tottenham as the team that will NEVER be

Yeah but that is real rivalry.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:33 am

The will he, won't he saga rolls on. Take what from this report.

Jol's Fulham move in doubt

Ajax blocking manager move
Martin Jol is reportedly set to snub Fulham to stay with Dutch giants Ajax.
Former Tottenham manager Jol was expected to be named the Fulham boss this week after holding talks with the West London club about succeeding Roy Hodgson at Craven Cottage.
Jol had earlier indicated he was prepared to leave Ajax and move to Fulham because of uncertainty over the futures of a number of star players at Ajax.
However, reports emanating from Holland claim Jol has agreed to stick with Ajax after last-ditch talks with the club's hierarchy.
"They (Fulham) were interested but in principle I will stay at Ajax," Jol told De Telegraaf.
However, Sky Sports sources understands Jol is keen to move to Fulham and that the switch is being held up by Ajax's refusal to negotiate over compensation.
It is understood that Jol wants to succeed Hodgson at Craven Cottage but his path is being blocked by Ajax, who are keen to retain the 54-year-old.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:38 am

apologies for replying to my own post, but thinking about it, the longer this rolls on the more damaging it will be for Fulham. Whilst they are in limbo, they will be running out of time in the transfer market as no doubt whoever comes in will have their own ideas on who they want.

In addition, they are running out of time to find a suitable replacement. they are not one of the fashionable big 3 in London and won't be able to lure and incumbent from another club, so they will have to look for someone from the lower leagues or someone that is already out of a job, Curbishley for example, or end up going into europe for and unknown.

either way, they need to put pressure on Jol to make up his mind (or Ajax to make up theirs) and get this sorted before it's too late. Fulham did great in the Europa league last year but they are one of those clubs that couldn't afford any serious set backs or they would find themselves in a relegation battle they might not win. Just my opinion
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:18 am

I just love this story, particularly Tottenham's reasoning behind the ban :lol: Don't get me wrong, I thought the vuvuzurellasesiassiss (sp) were a pain in the arse. Only england fans manged to drown them out to any extent early on, and it did spoil the kind of atmosphere that we Brits have come to love, but come on you Spurs, at least call it as it is............

Personally, I think there are a few EPL clubs that could do with a few vuvuvuzussss'ss (sp), to liven up their matchdays. Top of my list for compulsory vuvevursvenusuallas's (sp) would be Fulham (bugger me they are a civilised lot down at the cottage), Wigan (if they can raise the noise 10 fold it would at least sound like there was more than 2,000 there), Blackburn (anything to drown out that pathetic drummer boy), Man Utd, (afterall they need something to tell the prawn sandwich brigade that the game has actually started) and of course Spurs, if only to replace the safety announcements :D

Prem clubs ban vuvuzelas

Horns pose safety risk, say Premier League clubs
Six Premier League clubs have all banned controversial vuvuzelas from their stadiums this season.
Arsenal and Tottenham were the first top flight sides to banish the instrument, with Birmingham, West Ham, Sunderland and Liverpool quickly adding to the list of vuvuzela-free stadia.
The horns - a plastic instrument played at matches in South Africa - provided the backdrop to the World Cup finals this summer, causing irritation amongst players and supporters.
The cacophony often drowned out the chants of the crowds during games, leading to some English clubs fearing they would diminish the traditional atmosphere at their grounds.
The clubs have moved to ban the horn ahead of the new campaign - claiming they posed a safety risk as well as ruining the matchday ambience.

A statement from Spurs, who play at White Hart Lane, read: "We are concerned that the presence of the instruments within the stadium pose unnecessary risks to public safety and could impact on the ability of all supporters to hear any emergency safety announcements."

I would have thought the vuvuzuallars (sp) were a perfect fit for Blackpool, our riviera of the North :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Fulham may turn to Eriksson after Ajax put stop to Jol move

SVEN-GORAN Eriksson would welcome the invitation to manage Fulham and is a leading contender, along with Ottmar Hitzfeld, as the west London club digests the disappointment of their failure to prise Martin Jol from Ajax.

Eriksson, the former England manager, took charge of the Ivory Coast at the World Cup finals and the African nation would like him to sign another contract. But Eriksson has waited for Fulham to make their decision, having always been on their shortlist to succeed Roy Hodgson, and met them before their public pursuit of Jol which ended when he confirmed he would stay at Ajax.

The Swede, who worked well with Fulham’s chief executive, Alistair Mackintosh, during their time together at Manchester City, does not feel slighted at being behind Jol on the wish-list. He believes Jol was the personal favourite of the Fulham chairman, Mohamed Al Fayed, and that he was and remains the number one choice of the club’s other prominent football figures.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby cossi11 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:53 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... s-axe.html

Manchester City to show English trio the door as Roberto Mancini wields axe over several stars
Moneybags Manchester City are planning a massive dressing-room clear-out as manager Roberto Mancini looked like taking his summer spending towards the £100million-mark yesterday.

England internationals Shaun Wright-Phillips, Joleon Lescott and Wayne Bridge are among the high-profile names Mancini wants out of Eastlands as the Italian started to wield the axe on the most expensively-assembled squad in the Premier League.

City’s summer spree topped £75m last night with the capture of Serbia’s World Cup full-back Alexander Kolarov from Lazio.

And Mancini, who has already written huge cheques to snare Jerome Boateng, David Silva and Yaya Toure in recent weeks, is not finished there, with Inter Milan’s Italy Under-21 striker Mario Balotelli still on his radar before the season starts in three weeks. The clubs are still in talks over a possible £24m move for the 19-year-old.

It all means that in addition to the England trio, City will also listen to offers for a host of star names, including Craig Bellamy, Stephen Ireland, Roque Santa Cruz, Jo and Felipe Caicedo.

Since the end of last season Martin Petrov and Valeri Bojinov have already been shown the door by Mancini.

'The situation is the same as what happens at other clubs when there are new signings,’ said a club source on Saturday night.

‘There will be those who may not figure in the manager’s plans and will want to move on. Obviously, the club will not want to keep players who don’t want to stay.’

Bridge’s position as City’s first-choice left-back has clearly been undermined by the £19m signing of 24-year-old Kolarov, while there are several midfielders, including Vladimir Weiss, Kelvin Etuhu and Michael Johnson — none of whom made a single Premier League start last season — who are now right out of Mancini’s plans and likely to be moved on.

The manager tried to distance himself from the possibility of a fire sale on Saturday by insisting he wants two players for each position, yet Kolarov’s arrival means City now have a staggering 39 players in their first-team squad.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:08 am

KING HOPES FOR ANOTHER CHANCE

Striker Marlon King is determined to rebuild his football career after serving a jail term and has vowed to stay out of trouble.

Last October, King was jailed for 18 months having been found guilty of sexual assault and actual bodily harm over an incident in a London nightclub, which occurred in December 2008 while he was on loan to Hull from Wigan.
King's Wigan contract was terminated, however he believes he can have a future in the game and is hoping a club is willing to take him on.

He told Sky Sports News: "I haven't even thought about what league. Because there's no way I'm going to come out and think I'm going to walk into any team. I've got to earn my right. And given my opportunity I've got to take it.
"You need someone to give you that opportunity. I'd just like to say that given that opportunity I can at least do a job on the field and keep my nose clean off it."

King insists a responsibility to his family will ensure he will avoid off-field problems.
"I don't need to make the manager a promise because if I get in trouble then I let my family down, I let a lot of people down," he said.
"I've been away from them for nine months and they didn't deserve that. I owe it to them to do the right thing.

"I've discussed it with everybody and everybody's got to look after their best interest. If the club want to put something in my contract to say if anything happens ... that's fine. Because they won't find me in a situation like this or anything else again."
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:32 am

Martin Oneil no longer the manager for Aston Villa. Hearing rumours this morning he has walked out on the club
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby devilsadvocate » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:07 am

Confirmed bulldog:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6303051,00.html

apparently it's over the clubs transfer policy and their position on selling milner to citeh.
Amazing stuff really but good on mon for sticking to his guns.

I bet Liverpool are spewing this didn't happen 3 months ago!!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby westozfalcon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Bulldog wrote:Martin Oneil no longer the manager for Aston Villa. Hearing rumours this morning he has walked out on the club

I sighed when I heard that Gareth Southgate was showing interest in the job. He was an abject failure at Middlesbrough and he left Villa as a player saying we lacked ambition.
Surely they can't be so stupid as to appoint him. I'll be backing us for relegation if they do.

Forget these recycled blokes like Southgate, Sam Allardyce, Alan Curbishley, Martin Jol and co. Be innovative and appoint a bloke like Bob Bradley who's done a great job with the USA national team and who would bring a fresh perspective, untainted by past failure.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby smithy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:34 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:Confirmed bulldog:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6303051,00.html

apparently it's over the clubs transfer policy and their position on selling milner to citeh.
Amazing stuff really but good on mon for sticking to his guns.

I bet Liverpool are spewing this didn't happen 3 months ago!!

If those are the reasons he left Villa he wouldn't of lasted long at Liverpool either
smithy

Postby Dirko » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Good to see 1HD getting in on the act, albeit showing replays only, and just Le Arse & 'Pool games.

Better then nothing for those without FOX.
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby cossi11 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Its starts! You beauty!
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:25 pm

cossi11 wrote:Its starts! You beauty!

So excited!
Spurs have started well.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby cossi11 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:33 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:
cossi11 wrote:Its starts! You beauty!

So excited!
Spurs have started well.

cracking save from Hart! pretty happy he is in front of Given, deserves it..
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Well, so far, that's one of the best 35 mins of football I've ever seen. Brilliant entertainment.

Hart is a freak. Spurs could have been 5-0 up.

Stone wall pen not given too. FU Mariner you ****.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:54 pm

On this form, Bale is the best player in the world.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby RoosterMarty » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:59 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:On this form, Bale is the best player in the world.

Well he better carry Wales into a major championship then.

Pity the picture quality is shite.
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Now, if anyone ever tries to tell me a 0-0 can be boring, they can get a dog up them.

That was absolutely brilliant.

I hate Joe Hart :lol: (P.S. Are you watching Fabio you stupid italian twat)
devilsadvocate
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer