CCC Discussion Thread Season 2010/11

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: CCC Discussion Thread Season 2010/11

Postby Pidge » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:40 pm

on_a_length wrote:
Pidge wrote:
Pup wrote:
Pidge wrote:Jonny Howson you star! :shock: :D

3 points separate 6th from 15th. Such a tight mid table at the moment.

Another Leeds Hat Trick.

Becchio who was not on the ground until the 61st minute either :shock:

A 3-1 win over Bristol has put them in 5th spot with a big game against Norwich coming up.

A man we need to sign up. His contract runs out at the end of the season.

Huge game away to Norwich to come, then another away match at Reading.

Definately, apparently Hull are sniffing around Big Luc.

I started the season thinking a midtable finish would be a good result. Don't want to get too far ahead of myself but am beginning to dream of a play off final...

I think i tipped us to finish 16th at the start of the season. It's good to see some of our players take the next step.. ie Howson, Somma, Snodgrass is starting to have an impact. I still think top 10 is a great achievement. Once Kisnorbo comes back, our defence will be pretty solid, soo we wont be leaking as many goals.

I don't think Luciano would want to play League 1 next season though, would he? 8)
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby on_a_length » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:24 pm

I predicted we'd avoid a relegation battle and finish midtable. I'm looking forward to Kisnorbo's return but am not expecting too much from him to begin with. He's missed a lot of playing time. Who would you partner him with too? I think we need to bring someone else in unless O'Brien hangs around. We also badly need a good defensive mid, I still believe we should've never let JD leave
WE'RE THE MIGHTY HOPE VALLEY!!!
on_a_length

Has liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Pidge » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:49 pm

on_a_length wrote:I predicted we'd avoid a relegation battle and finish midtable. I'm looking forward to Kisnorbo's return but am not expecting too much from him to begin with. He's missed a lot of playing time. Who would you partner him with too? I think we need to bring someone else in unless O'Brien hangs around. We also badly need a good defensive mid, I still believe we should've never let JD leave

Yeah, true. He will have missed the best part of 9 months by the time he returns.
Of the games i've seen, i don't mind Bruce, but Collins seems to be the man they prefer to partner O'Brien. It'd be good to get O'Brien signed up permanently in January if Bolton are willing to let him go.
I think Grayson has found a formation that works for us.. 4-5-1. Although we do have plenty of strikers available, it is definitely working at the moment. We do need a good Defensive Midfielder, so that can release Howson to play a more advanced role.
I'd like to see a bit more of Nunez. He's played well a couple of times off the bench. Surely he isn't too far away from a start?
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Another couple of performances like Saturdays and Becchio could well go the way of Beckford. Leeds might have to move him on in January or risk losing him for free in the summer.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Pup » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Pidge wrote:
on_a_length wrote:I predicted we'd avoid a relegation battle and finish midtable. I'm looking forward to Kisnorbo's return but am not expecting too much from him to begin with. He's missed a lot of playing time. Who would you partner him with too? I think we need to bring someone else in unless O'Brien hangs around. We also badly need a good defensive mid, I still believe we should've never let JD leave

Yeah, true. He will have missed the best part of 9 months by the time he returns.
Of the games i've seen, i don't mind Bruce, but Collins seems to be the man they prefer to partner O'Brien. It'd be good to get O'Brien signed up permanently in January if Bolton are willing to let him go.
I think Grayson has found a formation that works for us.. 4-5-1. Although we do have plenty of strikers available, it is definitely working at the moment. We do need a good Defensive Midfielder, so that can release Howson to play a more advanced role.
I'd like to see a bit more of Nunez. He's played well a couple of times off the bench. Surely he isn't too far away from a start?

Thinking that the other day. I like him and reckon he can not be far away.

Been a good year so far but don't want to get to far ahead of ourselves. Huge month coming up and then we will see where Leeds are at.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Pidge » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:03 am

johntheclaret wrote:Another couple of performances like Saturdays and Becchio could well go the way of Beckford. Leeds might have to move him on in January or risk losing him for free in the summer.

IIRC there were rumours in the 'summer' that he was spotted at Blackburn's training ground.
Surely he'll stay with us.
We're trying to re-sign Bradley Johnson, who is one of the worst Left Wingers in the Championship.. Don't even know why Grayson likes him. He's rejected an offer apparently. I'd forget about him and concentrate on re-signing Becchio.

Pup wrote:
Pidge wrote:

Thinking that the other day. I like him and reckon he can not be far away.

Been a good year so far but don't want to get to far ahead of ourselves. Huge month coming up and then we will see where Leeds are at.

I think the only thing holding him back is, where would you play him? Howson plays that advanced midfield role, which imo Nunez would be good at... Snodgrass plays right wing, and he is one of our most important players.

Definitely a tough month ahead and if i remember correctly, we've got a tough run over Christmas too. A win against Norwich would be great!
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Postby on_a_length » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Read somewhere that a deal for Becchio will be done this month.

I agree that Bradley Johnson is a shocking player at LM, but a lot of that is to do with him naturally being a central midfielder. The biggest problem i find with BJ is that being a left footer has caused him to be pigeon holed as a left sided player. When he first arrived at the club he appeared to have a lot of potential but unfortunately he's been played out of position and hasn't developed into the player he could be. Given some time to adjust, i believe he'd make a decent DM for Leeds.

Nunez looks a good player but would prefer Howson over him. Jonny will be the next Leeds hero, if he isn't now. Nunez would be epic as a sub though.
WE'RE THE MIGHTY HOPE VALLEY!!!
on_a_length

Has liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Pidge » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:07 am

on_a_length wrote:Read somewhere that a deal for Becchio will be done this month.

I agree that Bradley Johnson is a shocking player at LM, but a lot of that is to do with him naturally being a central midfielder. The biggest problem i find with BJ is that being a left footer has caused him to be pigeon holed as a left sided player. When he first arrived at the club he appeared to have a lot of potential but unfortunately he's been played out of position and hasn't developed into the player he could be. Given some time to adjust, i believe he'd make a decent DM for Leeds.

Nunez looks a good player but would prefer Howson over him. Jonny will be the next Leeds hero, if he isn't now. Nunez would be epic as a sub though.

Bradley Johnson has been transfer listed :D
He rejected Leeds' final offer to him.
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Postby Pup » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:23 pm

1-1 Draw yesterday.

5th on the table.

Goal Difference is a bit of a worry looking forward.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Postby Pidge » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:47 pm

I listened to the Yorkshire Radio commentary of the game early this morning and the commentators seemed pretty adamant that Kasper Schmeichel was fouled on that corner. I saw the highlights and must say, it's unusual to see a goalkeeper flat on his ar$e as the ball goes past him.

But still, retained 5th position. A few tough games to come, but unbeaten in 5 now.

Goal difference is a worry, but the season is a long one.. :)
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Postby once_were_warriors » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:41 am

Town Full of Wan*ers
You're just a Town full of Wan*ers
Town Full of Wan*ers
You're just a Town full of Wan*ers

On the Ball CITY

Norwich 4 - Ipshit 1
If at first you don't succeed , then destroy all evidence that you tried in the first place
once_were_warriors
Under 18s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:48 am

Sorry Jabber, I was away last week in lovely China so I missed the Burnley v Derby game. But Mrs JTC recored it for me and I can let you have a copy if you like. If you can erase the score from your mind you will actually enjoy the 1st half ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Pidge » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:27 am

Leeds 2 Crystal Palace 1

Lucciano Becchio double. He's now scored 11 goals this season.

Huge game away to Burnley next weekend.
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Postby Pidge » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:10 am

Leeds, at one stage were 2-0 down away at Turf Moor, but have produced a magnificent display to beat Burnley 3-2. :D
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Postby Dirko » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:37 am

johntheclaret wrote:Sorry Jabber, I was away last week in lovely China so I missed the Burnley v Derby game. But Mrs JTC recored it for me and I can let you have a copy if you like. If you can erase the score from your mind you will actually enjoy the 1st half ;)

:butthead:

And we've continued on our fine form of late :oops:
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Pidge wrote:Leeds, at one stage were 2-0 down away at Turf Moor, but have produced a magnificent display to beat Burnley 3-2. :D

Leedsare the Millwall of the north both on and off the field.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Pidge » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Pidge wrote:Leeds, at one stage were 2-0 down away at Turf Moor, but have produced a magnificent display to beat Burnley 3-2. :D

Leedsare the Millwall of the north both on and off the field.

How are we like that on the field?
I know the fans over there from Leeds aren't very good, but what do we do onfield that is soo bad?
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Postby Pup » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:37 am

Important win that one with a big one against QPR coming up.

4th on the table.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Postby Pup » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:28 pm

2-0 win over QPR.

Second on the table and Becchio just signed a new deal. Things are going well :D
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Postby Pidge » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Pup wrote:2-0 win over QPR.

Second on the table and Becchio just signed a new deal. Things are going well :D

Max Gradel double.. GET IN! :D
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer