Liverpool Season 2010/11

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: Liverpool Season 2010/11

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:47 am

Liverpool flop Aquilani follows Hodgson's advice and agrees loan move to Juventus

Liverpool have announced an agreement with Juventus for Alberto Aquilani to return to Serie A on loan this season.
Aquilani will join The Old Lady for a year subject to a medical - to be held on Monday - in a bid to gain regular first-team football.

The Italian joined the Anfield club from Roma a year ago to replace Real Madrid-bound Xabi Alonso but persistent injury problems limited his impact under previous boss Rafael Benitez, who has since been replaced by Roy Hodgson.
Hodgson recently acquired Danish midfielder Christian Poulsen from Juve, but speculation continues to link Javier Mascherano with a move to Spain or Italy.
Aquilani's exit, therefore, threatens to leave the Reds' midfield ranks depleted should the Argentina skipper secure his move away with Barcelona and Inter Milan sniffing around.
Former Inter boss Hodgson has seemingly kept one wolf at the door by receiving assurances from his old friend, Inter president Massimo Moratti, that they would not poach any of his stars.
'I spoke to Massimo Moratti on Wednesday about the fact that they are not going to buy any Liverpool players, and (Dirk) Kuyt comes into that category,' Hodgson told liverpoolfc.tv.
'I believe Inter were only interested in two of our players and they are not going to buy them. Moratti said they are not going to do that. Kuyt is not for sale.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0xHHCuqJV

£20m transfer fee, £2m in wages and £000's in rehab costs for how many games? Shocking waste of money
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby smithy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:40 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
£20m transfer fee, £2m in wages and £000's in rehab costs for how many games? Shocking waste of money

Definitely got to go down as one of the worst pieces of business in LFC history.

Roostermarty got this one right, no doubt about it.
smithy

Postby JK » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:51 pm

smithy wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Definitely got to go down as one of the worst pieces of business in LFC history.

Roostermarty got this one right, no doubt about it.

No question, stupid thing is that return-wise Rafa was always going to start miles behind the 8-ball on this bloke, at least Roy is attempting to somewhat cut the losses I guess.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby devilsadvocate » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:20 am

Dammit, I have Aquillani in my dream team.
He looked like a quality player when he did play, but we was made of biscuits.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:35 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:Dammit, I have Aquillani in my dream team.

I'd say crackers mate but you will have to guess who I was referring to ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

Kewell? :-k
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:59 am

devilsadvocate wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Kewell? :-k

Ummmm ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby smithy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:24 am

Are you a physio by any chance ? :lol:
smithy

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:55 am

I have no idea WTF is going on here!
I'm having a bulldog moment! :lol:
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby mickey » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Liverpool announced they had accepted a new improved offer from Barcelona for Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano, with a deal set to be concluded this weekend.

"Liverpool Football Club have agreed terms for the transfer of Javier Mascherano to FC Barcelona," a Liverpool statement confirmed.

"The Spanish club have now been given permission to speak to the Argentina midfielder."

Mascherano has been desperate to leave Anfield but up to now Barcelona had failed to meet or come to close to the £25 million ($43.7m) price tag Liverpool had put on the Argentina captain.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 37,00.html
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby LMA » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Been a servicable player, but costly at times with his tackling. Get back the Crouchinho
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby devilsadvocate » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:03 pm

LMA wrote:Been a servicable player, but costly at times with his tackling. Get back the Crouchinho

Sure u don't want keano too?
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby LMA » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:20 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:
LMA wrote:Been a servicable player, but costly at times with his tackling. Get back the Crouchinho

Sure u don't want keano too?

With Benitez gone, not a bad idea
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:12 am

28 August 2010

Going Red?: Liverpool look to have sealed a move to sign Portuguese star Raul Meireles by agreeing a £10.7m fee with Porto, according to reports in the English media.

The Guardian has reported that Meireles will become Liverpool's latest signing, along with Fulham's Paul Konchesky, in a bid to replace Barcelona bound Javier Mascherano.

One of the most impressive players for Portugal's World Cup campaign this summer, the 27-year-old is understood to have agreed personal terms with a deal expected to be completed over the weekend.

Following Mascherano's forceful exit from the Merseyside club, which seems to have angered Reds boss Roy Hodgson, Liverpool have sought for a cheaper replacement after couping £20m deal from Mascherano's proposed Barca switch.

Meireles is available for a low fee because he only has two years of his contract left and Porto have been trying to sell him rather than risk losing him on a free transfer in the future.
LMA
Coach

Postby smithy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:39 pm

Lucas unsettled in Liverpool
28.08.10 | tribalfootball.com
Lucas Leiva could be on his way out of Liverpool before next week's transfer deadline.

The Daily Mail says Brazilian Lucas looks likely to leave Anfield permanently, as his family have not settled on Merseyside.

West Ham and Italian sides Inter Milan and Palermo are watching developments.

smithy

Postby smithy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Skysports.com understands Paul Konchesky is currently undergoing a medical with Liverpool.

The Reds agreed a fee with Fulham for the left-back on Friday evening and he was given permission to travel to Merseyside to hold talks.

As revealed by skysports.comLiverpool have offered young duo Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic to Fulham as part of the deal to bring the defender to Anfield.

Fulham cleared the way for Konchesky to leave Craven Cottage after sealing a move for Mexican defender Carlos Salcido from PSV Eindhoven on Friday.

Konchesky has been a long-term target for Reds boss Roy Hodgson ever since his arrival at Anfield earlier this summer.

Liverpool are hoping to tie up the move in the next 24 hours and the full-back is expected to stay on Merseyside to watch Liverpool's clash with West Brom on Sunday.
smithy

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:44 pm

smithy wrote:Skysports.com understands Paul Konchesky is currently undergoing a medical with Liverpool.

The Reds agreed a fee with Fulham for the left-back on Friday evening and he was given permission to travel to Merseyside to hold talks.

As revealed by skysports.comLiverpool have offered young duo Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic to Fulham as part of the deal to bring the defender to Anfield.

Fulham cleared the way for Konchesky to leave Craven Cottage after sealing a move for Mexican defender Carlos Salcido from PSV Eindhoven on Friday.

Konchesky has been a long-term target for Reds boss Roy Hodgson ever since his arrival at Anfield earlier this summer.

Liverpool are hoping to tie up the move in the next 24 hours and the full-back is expected to stay on Merseyside to watch Liverpool's clash with West Brom on Sunday.

Latest News
He's failed his medical.
After a detailed medical doctors couldn't find anything wrong with either leg ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:23 pm

Lmao!!

On konchesky, he's not really a Liverpool type of player. He's just a trier.
I guess it's a sign of how far the mighty have fallen.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby smithy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:40 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:Lmao!!

Indeed it is.
Although the Raul Meireles transfer looks like going ahead if Masch departs and the reports are pretty good on this player.

The only attraction to LFC at the moment is it's history/standing as a football club.
smithy

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:39 am

smithy wrote:
devilsadvocate wrote:Lmao!!

Indeed it is.
Although the Raul Meireles transfer looks like going ahead if Masch departs and the reports are pretty good on this player.

The only attraction to LFC at the moment is it's history/standing as a football club.

What history / standing? Nothing exists prior to the EPL ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer