Chelsea Season 2010/2011

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: Chelsea Season 2010/2011

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Bit harse there scoob. I don't think you can blame Redknap for Pompeys woes. I'd look to the owners and the board room battles as the root cause.

As far as him going to Chelsea. I'm sure he would see that as a poisoned chalis. Mourinho must be the longest serving manager at Chelsea in the last 10 years.

Mind you, Redknap might get a few more $$$ to spend in the window this year if the Spurs board really want to keep him
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Bully » Wed May 25, 2011 8:40 am

surely mourhino wouldnt return to chelsea after the billionaire pushed him out when he was there last. Surely not...

if he does it will be the perfect case of - you never realise what you had until its gone :lol:
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby TOS_lad23 » Thu May 26, 2011 4:53 pm

The biggest problem with Chelsea is Abramovich, he should just manage the team next year and not worry about wasting money on a coach and then paying him out when he gets sick of him. Ancelotti is one the best managers going around, won the double last year and now finishes 2nd and he gets the flick. Sir Alex doesnt win trophies every year either, but you dont see United dumping him. Roman needs to realise he cant change the manager and the team every single year, you dont win leagues that way and you certainly dont win a CL which is what he wants above all else.

He should have kept Carlo and let him buy the plays that HE wants not what ABRAMOVICH wants.
TOS_lad23

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby johntheclaret » Thu May 26, 2011 5:41 pm

Wasn't Fergie manager at United for 4 or 5 years before they the title?
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Bully » Thu May 26, 2011 5:52 pm

TOS_lad23 wrote:The biggest problem with Chelsea is Abramovich, he should just manage the team next year and not worry about wasting money on a coach and then paying him out when he gets sick of him. Ancelotti is one the best managers going around, won the double last year and now finishes 2nd and he gets the flick. Sir Alex doesnt win trophies every year either, but you dont see United dumping him. Roman needs to realise he cant change the manager and the team every single year, you dont win leagues that way and you certainly dont win a CL which is what he wants above all else.

He should have kept Carlo and let him buy the plays that HE wants not what ABRAMOVICH wants.

perfect example of the russian wants success every year and possibly doesnt understand its not like that always?
Bully
Coach

Postby RoosterMarty » Thu May 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Yes Fergie was there a while before they finally lifted the League, imagine if Roman was boss back then.... He was signed in 1986 and didn't win the title until the 92-93 season.

Stability - particularly when it comes to your Manager - is paramount in football. They did the double last season and charged home strongly this season, stupid decision to sack him but it is excellent news for the other sides.
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 26, 2011 6:41 pm

johntheclaret wrote:Wasn't Fergie manager at United for 4 or 5 years before they the title?

Fergie was on the verge of being sacked in 1990, we were floundering about mid table in league, he was saved thanks to united beating palace in semi final replay and going on to lift the cup. The following year we won cup winners cup and the rest is history.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3563 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bully » Thu May 26, 2011 7:36 pm

yes i watched that game and fergie didnt look as calm as recent years as he did in that match.

I have spoke with some man utd fans and they agree with me it was perfect timing for them to win the EPL in the first season and all the money and mayhem that comes with that just inspired them to what we have seen recently. Memories of Man utd struggling around mid table in the 80s.

But back on the topic yes the russian wants success and if you dont produce your out on your backside
Bully
Coach

Postby Il Duce » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:16 am

2 transfers already confirmed, Michael Manciene has been sold to Hamburg and Fabio Borrini has joined Parma, both were good players but not at Chelsea starting line up level yet, however if we played the kids like we said we where going to last season they would be ready this season and I know Chelsea fans and even the club wants a clearer out of players but the youngsters is not what we meant, these 2 transfers along with a couple of the kids we sold last season could come back and bit us in the future.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer