EPL Season 2015/2016

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

Postby on the rails » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:12 pm

Spargo wrote:No coincidence that Wenger didn't bitch about the ref this week.
Leicester have every right to feel dudded a point.

No we got what we deserved. A point would have been deserved however Simpson gives the ref no choice re second yelĺow and almost on final whistle stupid free kick given away by big Was which lead to their goal. Still top and still 12 to play - anything can happen. We were written off prior to Liverpool re the hard run so 2 wins and a last minute away loss to Arsenal is still good.

Great season and getting even better with Spurs a real real title threat. At least Leicester have added another different dimension to the PL.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:42 pm

on the rails wrote:

No we got what we deserved. A point would have been deserved however Simpson gives the ref no choice re second yelĺow and almost on final whistle stupid free kick given away by big Was which lead to their goal. Still top and still 12 to play - anything can happen. We were written off prior to Liverpool re the hard run so 2 wins and a last minute away loss to Arsenal is still good.

Great season and getting even better with Spurs a real real title threat. At least Leicester have added another different dimension to the PL.

I thought it was very silly of Simpson to grab Girouds shirt especially as he was just booked 5 mins earlier. I have no idea why that thug looking defender of yours rugby tackled Monreal. Thought he would of been better off letting him send it back into the box as players were all over the place still from the corner. A clearance form that would of been the end of the match. title race is getting very exciting. big two matches for Arsenal in the EPL with UTD and Spurs coming up!
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:02 pm

Odds to win the EPL:

Arsenal 13/8
Spurs 5/2
Leicester 11/4
Manchester City 7/1

IMHO Leicester won't drop lower than 2nd (if they drop at all) with Spurs and Arsenal having a game against each other to come.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Bully » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:25 am

I think you must have been hurt by something to do with Arsenal in your life ..... every comment of yours is a dig at the club or someone to do with the club

clear hand ball by kante in the first half should have been a penalty for Arsenal.
Clear foul on Ozil not given which then lead to the debatable penalty given to Vardy.
Dangerous tackle by drinkwater on ramsey, should have been a straight red , that was missed.

Hardly a "every right to feel dudded".....
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby cossi11 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:06 am

Bully wrote:

I think you must have been hurt by something to do with Arsenal in your life ..... every comment of yours is a dig at the club or someone to do with the club

clear hand ball by kante in the first half should have been a penalty for Arsenal.
Clear foul on Ozil not given which then lead to the debatable penalty given to Vardy.
Dangerous tackle by drinkwater on ramsey, should have been a straight red , that was missed.

I wouldn't say it was a clear handball by kante, was pretty close to the ball so was hard to get out the way of it and I actually think he tried to bring his arm in..
The Ozil foul was given just the referee waved play on, he came back and booked whomever it was I'm pretty sure.
Agree on the last one, studs up and should have been a red.

Take nothing away from Arsenal, title winning teams find a way to win in big games like this and they did exactly that. They are my tip from here to win the league...
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby JK » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:17 am

If there's another London derby on the fixture, how massive is that going to be
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:58 am

JK wrote:If there's another London derby on the fixture, how massive is that going to be

Tottenham play Arsenal 11.15pm Saturday 5th March.
Going to be a big night at the Windmill!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby JK » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:11 am

Wedgie wrote:
JK wrote:If there's another London derby on the fixture, how massive is that going to be

The Derby is always a good one for neutral supporters. but this will be the biggest of them that I can remember, with both teams in contention.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:52 am

cossi11 wrote:
Bully wrote:

I wouldn't say it was a clear handball by kante, was pretty close to the ball so was hard to get out the way of it and I actually think he tried to bring his arm in..
The Ozil foul was given just the referee waved play on, he came back and booked whomever it was I'm pretty sure.

Take nothing away from Arsenal, title winning teams find a way to win in big games like this and they did exactly that. They are my tip from here to win the league...

Pretty sure that foul on Ozil that lead to the penalty wasn't paid at all. there was absolutely no advantage after he was jumped over
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Bully » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:08 pm

was a penalty by kante . And i am not the biggest fan of bosnich or slater and they both agreed also after the match with the fox sports panel it was a penalty. ALong with plenty of others agreed with me

The foul on Ozil which then lead to the vardy iffy penalty was not given.
Bully
Coach

Postby cossi11 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:09 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
cossi11 wrote:
Bully wrote:

Pretty sure that foul on Ozil that lead to the penalty wasn't paid at all. there was absolutely no advantage after he was jumped over

maybe I am thinking of a different incident... was it the foul on a Leicester player that led to Vardy winning a penalty, I think that was the one I am thinking of maybe??
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Bully » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:10 pm

JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

The Derby is always a good one for neutral supporters. but this will be the biggest of them that I can remember, with both teams in contention.

The biggest so far in recent times was at Highbury when both teams were fighting to get into champ league spots. It ended up 1-1 and both spurs and arsenal manager had a coming together on the sidelines
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:13 pm

cossi11 wrote:maybe I am thinking of a different incident... was it the foul on a Leicester player that led to Vardy winning a penalty, I think that was the one I am thinking of maybe??

think so .

The foul that was not given for ozil which then lead to the penalty was in the 18 yard box for arsenal or just outside of. Foxes player jumped into the back of Ozil where he fell to the ground. This was not given then the ball was sent down to the other end where Vardy got a penalty.
Bully
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:12 pm

Bully wrote:
JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

The biggest so far in recent times was at Highbury when both teams were fighting to get into champ league spots. It ended up 1-1 and both spurs and arsenal manager had a coming together on the sidelines

They both must have been excited!!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:04 pm

Wedgie wrote:

What a fantastic season it is and isn't it great we are able to watch these games live. Have we heard anything from Optus about what is in store for us next year?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:06 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

What a fantastic season it is and isn't it great we are able to watch these games live. Have we heard anything from Optus about what is in store for us next year?

Posted elsewhere that it's possibly going on Fetch TV
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Posted elsewhere that it's possibly going on Fetch TV

Is there a though Fetch TV maybe an extra which foxtel subscribers could pay for (i know absolutely zero about this kind of thing)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5619 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Just wait a while, nothing has been decided or announced yet.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby on the rails » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:47 am

Bully wrote:
cossi11 wrote:maybe I am thinking of a different incident... was it the foul on a Leicester player that led to Vardy winning a penalty, I think that was the one I am thinking of maybe??

think so .

The foul that was not given for ozil which then lead to the penalty was in the 18 yard box for arsenal or just outside of. Foxes player jumped into the back of Ozil where he fell to the ground. This was not given then the ball was sent down to the other end where Vardy got a penalty.

Yes we got lucky re that play just prior to the penalty. Problem I think for the ref was when Morgan (who is a big unit) jumped into the Arsenal player you would normally expect the player to go down and in this case if you watch the incident the Arsenal bloke held his ground and stayed strong on his feet. Had he fallen forward to the ground I have no doubt the ref would have paid a free on the edge of the box. So we got lucky there for sure.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:26 am

Rashford brace but Welbeck has pulled one back. 2-1 at HT
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler