Transfers 2010/11 Season

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: Transfers 2010/11 Season

Postby Bully » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:54 pm

i have never also understood the reason for a medical on a transfer etc. why is this needed? what do they do? test you for coccaine? or run around the oval in a certain time? surely torres would not have had any trouble in the medical whatever they do?
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Bully » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:56 pm

johntheclaret wrote:Most are happy just to be playing 1st team football Bully. Remember these guys are footballers first, millionaires second.
Going on loan is far better than kicking your heels in the reserves or not getting a game at all.
It also gives you the opportunity of showing your stuff on the bigger stage.

but my point is tho JTC that if a club buys you you would want to play first team football there? why would you go to a club that has bought you and then go somewhere else to play. I would feel as a second choice? if a club buys you arent you good enough in their eyes?
Bully
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Bulldog wrote:i have never also understood the reason for a medical on a transfer etc. why is this needed? what do they do? test you for coccaine? or run around the oval in a certain time? surely torres would not have had any trouble in the medical whatever they do?

I can't recall too many who failed a medical, but it would be bad business not to check a player out before coughing up decent coin for them.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Would you want to shell out £50m and £140k a week for the next 4 years only to find your investment has some debilitating disease or crock knee?

Look what happened to Arsenal. Paid all that money for Arshavin only to find he is nearly blind and suffers from Headless Chicken Syndrome ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:02 pm

When United bought Beckham they put him out on loan at Preston. Didn't seem to do his career any harm
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Bully » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:02 pm

johntheclaret wrote:Would you want to shell out £50m and £140k a week for the next 4 years only to find your investment has some debilitating disease or crock knee?

Look what happened to Arsenal. Paid all that money for Arshavin only to find he is nearly blind and suffers from Headless Chicken Syndrome ;)

classic :lol:
Bully
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:
Bulldog wrote:i have never also understood the reason for a medical on a transfer etc. why is this needed? what do they do? test you for coccaine? or run around the oval in a certain time? surely torres would not have had any trouble in the medical whatever they do?

I can't recall too many who failed a medical, but it would be bad business not to check a player out before coughing up decent coin for them.

Van Nistlerooy failed his medical the first time at utd. Was found to have a crook knee, we sent him back to holland and then got him for a cheaper rate the foowing year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mickey » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Bulldog wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:Most are happy just to be playing 1st team football Bully. Remember these guys are footballers first, millionaires second.
Going on loan is far better than kicking your heels in the reserves or not getting a game at all.
It also gives you the opportunity of showing your stuff on the bigger stage.

but my point is tho JTC that if a club buys you you would want to play first team football there? why would you go to a club that has bought you and then go somewhere else to play. I would feel as a second choice? if a club buys you arent you good enough in their eyes?

If u look at it in footy terms, if a team drafted/bought a player who wasnt going to play league footy in the current season, but could play league at another club to get used to the speed, skill etc rather than playing in the magoos. it is a benifit to all concerned if the loan deal is done right..

Helps the loanee club, usually a lower team to add some skill to their team.
Helps the player in getting to play senior football rather than in the reserves
Helps the 1st club in developing their player for them
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Bully » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:11 pm

i agree with all the responses for the loan deals...but my point is if you were bought from a club to say play full back and there was a player in that spot week in week out and then you are sent out on loan wouldnt you think you were a second thought??? you are a second choice to the club that bought you???...we want you to play for us at full back but sorry you need to go somewhere else to play until that position is vacant!!!... why buy the player then if that spot is already filled??

maybe i am the only one seeing this :roll:
Bully
Coach

Postby JK » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Bulldog wrote:i agree with all the responses for the loan deals...but my point is if you were bought from a club to say play full back and there was a player in that spot week in week out and then you are sent out on loan wouldnt you think you were a second thought??? you are a second choice to the club that bought you???...we want you to play for us at full back but sorry you need to go somewhere else to play until that position is vacant!!!... why buy the player then if that spot is already filled??

I dont disagree with you mate on the "snub" factor a player might feel, Im sure that must happen quite often .. Hard for many of us to say because it's such a standard part of the sport, but most of us would be more familiar with Aussie Rules where it isn't and most players still only play for 1 or 2 clubs throughout their career.

In most cases I would think a loan move is the first step toward finding a new contract with a different club, although occasionally I guess it can work out for the owning club and their player.

In Football/Soccer, it's just standard to move from club to club (unless you're a dirty blonde Spanish bastard :lol: )
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby cossi11 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Bulldog wrote:i agree with all the responses for the loan deals...but my point is if you were bought from a club to say play full back and there was a player in that spot week in week out and then you are sent out on loan wouldnt you think you were a second thought??? you are a second choice to the club that bought you???...we want you to play for us at full back but sorry you need to go somewhere else to play until that position is vacant!!!... why buy the player then if that spot is already filled??

I see where you are coming from Bulldog but i think clubs are just thinking ahead about their future. The player they have bought will only get better with time and first team experience, so sending them out on loan gives them that and once they are ready they will slot in nicely. They could also get picked up by another club so they are snapping them up while they can before someone else comes in.

Take Seamus Coleman from Everton as an example. He was bought to Everton as a right back and was sent out on loan to Blackpool for the back 9 of last season because we already have Neville, Hibbert, Heitinga who would play before him, probably even Jagielka if needed. His loan spell at Blackpool showed he was ready to take that next step and he is now playing right midfield for us. Not his traditional position but with the experience he gained from Blackpool he was then given his opportunity in Evertons first team.

Not all players who are brought to a club get the opportunity to play in the first team.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Bully » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:11 pm

yeah gues i know what goes on here in australia with the AFL and nothing about the trades and loans over there, as we dont see collingwood loaning a player to carlton or adelaide loaning a player to port etc etc.
Bully
Coach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer