CCC Discussion Thread Season 2010/11

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

CCC Discussion Thread Season 2010/11

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:56 am

Foxes deny takeover deal

Leicester confirm talks are ongoing
Leicester City have denied that chairman Milan Mandaric has agreed a deal to sell the club.
Former Portsmouth owner Mandaric took control of the club three years ago, but he has been looking for fresh investment.
A Thailand-based consortium has been linked and reports had suggested a deal had been finalised.
But Leicester insists that, whilst talks are ongoing, no deal has been agreed for the sale.

A statement issued by the club said: "Contrary to media reports, Leicester City Football Club wish to confirm that no agreement has been reached with any parties regarding the acquisition of the club. Chairman Milan Mandaric has always maintained that he would welcome the right partner to help him move the club forward. Discussions have taken place with a number of interested parties but no agreement has been reached.

"If any discussions with any interested parties lead to concrete agreements regarding a partnership to assist in moving the club forward, Leicester City fans will be the first to know."
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Re: CCC Discussion Thread Season 2010/11

Postby devilsadvocate » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:08 pm

Mouthwatering opening day fixture for the Clarets JTC, at home against Forest.

No doubt you'll be there slamming jaeger bombs!! Have a Guiness for me mate and up the Clarets!!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:20 am

devilsadvocate wrote:Mouthwatering opening day fixture for the Clarets JTC, at home against Forest.

No doubt you'll be there slamming jaeger bombs!! Have a Guiness for me mate and up the Clarets!!

18,000 expected on. Out tomorrow night to a mates birthday bash and then 6:00am get up on Sunday & off to Malta woohoo, so I will have to be ummmmmm sensible :lol: But being as you have asked me to, I guess i'll have no choice. don't feel like asking me to have 3 or 5 for ya mate. At least I can blame you then :lol:

Big test for the clarets, 1st home game and it's against another fancied side. Can't wait.

come on you clarets
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:28 am

CHAINRAI SET TO REGAIN POMPEY CONTROL

By Martyn Ziegler, Chief Reporter, Press Association Sport,

Balram Chainrai will be able to take over Portsmouth for nothing if he guarantees to pay £16-20million to creditors over the next five years, the club's administrator has revealed.
The Hong Kong businessman is in the driving seat to take control of the club for the second time this year after Pompey won a High Court case against the taxman.
Chainrai needs only to guarantee that he will fund the debt payments - which on a 20p in the pound basis equate to between £16million and £20million - and he should become the owner subject to ratification by the Football League.
He will then be able to try to recoup the £17million debt he is owed by the club - any rival consortiums would have to pay that sum too if they want to take over.

Portsmouth's administrator Andrew Andronikou said: "In the absence of anyone else coming in we hope the sale of the club will go through within the next couple of weeks. We have to go through the rigmarole with the Football League such as their 'fit and proper person test' but we should have everything buttoned up soon.
"Because Mr Chainrai is a secured creditor there may not be a straight fee to buy the club but there will be a financial obligation - as the purchaser he will pay over five years a minimum dividend of 20p in the pound, between £16million and 20million.
"If anyone else wants to come in, they have to pay him off as well which would come to around £35million."

The HMRC lost thier case claiming Portsmouth's CVA was illegal, and to be fair to them, it was, but it now means that the £43m owed to the taxman won't get paid and Chainrai can pick up the club for nothing. Now something tells me this just doesn't seem right, but the case revolved around player payments and the nature of those payments. Apparently this is happening in many clubs.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:37 am

LEICESTER CONFIRM INVESTMENT TALKS

Leicester have confirmed talks are "ongoing regarding potential investment in the club" but insist no deal has yet been completed.
It has been reported businessman Vichai Raksriaksorn, one of Thailand's richest men and estimated to be worth £113million, is in talks with Foxes owner Milan Mandaric about buying a majority stake.

But a club statement read: "Leicester City Football Club can confirm talks are ongoing regarding potential investment in the club but no deal has been completed at this time.
"We believe the potential investors would make excellent partners to take the club forward but reiterate a deal has not been completed and as ever we will only act in the interests of the club and our supporters.
"No further comment will be made at this time."

I seem to recall there was another Thai investor in English foorball only a couple of years ago. ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:39 am

HOLT CONVICTED OF DRIVING OFFENCE
By Mike Hornby, Press Association

Norwich striker Grant Holt failed to turn up for his trial on Friday and was convicted of a motoring offence in his absence, court officials said.
Holt denied a charge of failing to give the identity of the driver of a car allegedly caught speeding near Whitchurch, Shropshire, last year.
Holt, 29, was tried and convicted in his absence at Market Drayton Magistrates' Court, a spokeswoman for the court said.

The forward, who has also played for Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday and Rochdale, was found guilty of failing to provide West Mercia Police with information relating to a Peugeot 307 in May 2009.
Magistrates had been asked to postpone the case in order to allow Holt to play 200 miles away in a televised clash against Watford on Friday, but rejected the request.

It is not known why he failed to attend the hearing and nobody from Norwich was available to comment.
Holt, originally from Carlisle, Cumbria, will be sentenced at Shrewsbury Magistrates' Court on Wednesday.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:51 pm

watched norwich vs watford. decent game well done watford
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:40 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
devilsadvocate wrote:Mouthwatering opening day fixture for the Clarets JTC, at home against Forest.

18,000 expected on. Out tomorrow night to a mates birthday bash and then 6:00am get up on Sunday & off to Malta woohoo, so I will have to be ummmmmm sensible :lol: But being as you have asked me to, I guess i'll have no choice. don't feel like asking me to have 3 or 5 for ya mate. At least I can blame you then :lol:

Big test for the clarets, 1st home game and it's against another fancied side. Can't wait.

come on you clarets

:oops: :oops: Sorry mate, one Guinness would be lonely. 6 is a far better number! :lol:

This game will set the tone for the season IMO. Nothing less than a win for the Clarets. Here's hoping.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby fuzz » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:47 am

Lookin forward to the Leeds V Derby first round fixture. I love that Fox are showing the game live and that they are showing plenty of championship football this season. Marching on Together! Can't wait for Kisnorbo to make his return from injury. He is a gun!
fuzz
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time

Postby fuzz » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:36 am

Derby 2- Leeds 1

Very entertaining match. Pity it was spoilt by a dodgy penalty to Derby. Hopefully the rest of the Championship is played in the same spirit. It will make for a good season.
fuzz
Rookie

Postby Dirko » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:30 am

Woohoo ! Good start for the Rams ! Forest losing to the Clarets too 8)
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Pidge » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:08 pm

fuzz wrote:Derby 2- Leeds 1

Very entertaining match. Pity it was spoilt by a dodgy penalty to Derby. Hopefully the rest of the Championship is played in the same spirit. It will make for a good season.

Definitely deserved something out of that game. We dominated the match for most parts, but were pretty vulnerable on the break. But it was still a good effort considering how many first team regulars we have out at the moment.
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby devilsadvocate » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:17 pm

Giddy up!!! Come on you clarets!!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:56 am

Manchester City pay Craig Bellamy £2.5m to join Cardiff

Manchester City will pay £2.5million to wash their hands of Craig Bellamy - and they have told axed keeper Shay Given he can go, too.

As City took their summer spending to around £126m by completing their protracted £26m move for James Milner, Bellamy sealed his shock season-long loan to Championship club Cardiff.

The controversial Wales striker, 31, will continue to earn the £85,000 a week he was paid at City and Sportsmail understands his new club will pay only around £35,000 of that, leaving the Premier League big spenders to pick up the £50,000 weekly shortfall.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0xHIrOE00

Even with City's £50k a week contribution, Cardiff's £35k weekly costs is high for a club that hasn't made it to the EPL. There has been a few rumblings too from other Champ clubs questioning the "generosity" of Man City. Noy only are they ******* up the EPL, they are shafting the Championship :evil:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:06 am

devilsadvocate wrote:Giddy up!!! Come on you clarets!!

Good solid performance by the clarets against a woeful foxes outfit. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed at 0-0 although I can't complain because I had a few $$$ on Ross Wallace at 12/1 to open the scoring :lol: I can't believe he was credited with the goal, his shot was clearly going wide before it deflected of a Leicester player, bobbled along the ground and went in off the post with the keeper stranded at the other side. Comedy in slow motion.

Leicester had nothing to offer, except DJ Campbell who gave us a couple of scares in the opening 10 mins, beating the offside, but apart from that they were very poor and I can see why they are rock bottom.

Cork came on for the last 20 mins and looked good. Eagles was livley and won a penalty, taken by Alexander who made it 80 (eighty) scoring penalties on the trot. That must be some sort of a record.

Bikey was BOG agaiin, playing in the middle of defence, he is a rock. So, what seemed like a dificult start to the season with Forest, Ipswich and Leicester first three games up, I think we can be happy enough with a 7 point haul
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby on the rails » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Good win at Leeds though OTR. Not sure about Souza though
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby on the rails » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:13 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

Good win at Leeds though OTR. Not sure about Souza though

Neither am I and it appears the same with most of the fans and some of the players. If Mandaric didn't have the Thai investors as the major shareholders he would have chopped Paulo by now! Look what he did for the first year after taking over as Chairman at the Foxes - hired and fired left right and centre a string of Managers including Martin Allen after only 4 games!

It was a massive mistake by the LCFC allowing Pearson to go to Hull but again it appears that was a Mandaric issue!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby fuzz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Lookin forwards to the Leeds V Watford clash this weekend. I have watched the first two matches of Leeds season and listened to the Millwall game and think they are doing very well at the moment. They were extremely unlucky to miss out on a result against Derby and despite the first 20 minutes where they were destroyed, domiminated the reat of the of the Nott Forrest game and deserved a win there as well. The score was about right against Millwall, but I am very interested to see how they travel against a quality club like Watford. The quality of the Championship has been extremely close this season and think it will be very tight at the top end of the table
fuzz
Rookie

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:41 am

Bollocks :evil: Swans 1-0 up
Leeds 1 up at Watford
johntheclaret
Coach