Didnt see the end, smashed the telly when the scum went ahead

shouldnt this be in the English soccer area ? :roll:
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: wow what a finish

Postby stampy » Mon May 14, 2012 8:20 pm

loved it!! BLUUUUUUe MOON! you saw me standing alone......cmon jim join in! without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own!!!!
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Bully » Mon May 14, 2012 8:21 pm

all the shiteh supporters coming outa the wood work now
Bully
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Bully wrote:all the shiteh supporters coming outa the wood work now

There was only about 5 Shiteh supporters in the world until the Arabs came along ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stampy » Mon May 14, 2012 9:57 pm

i just reckon its good to see someone different win it for a change
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby devilsadvocate » Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 pm

stampy wrote:i just reckon its good to see someone different win it for a change

It would have been great if that different team had gone about it with ethics rather than just playing fantasy football.

Sure most clubs buy players and pay big wages, but Citeh and Chavski have taken the piss with their owners.

I hate Man U and everything they stand for, but their success has been built on a solidly run business that funds the investment in players etc. Even the shitbaggers at Arsenal have gone about things properly building a big stadium etc.

Citeh and Chavski have ruined football for everyone. Nobody will be saying it's good to see Citeh win it in 2031 when they're lifting their 20th consecutive title....
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby whufc » Mon May 14, 2012 11:13 pm

Jim05 wrote:

There was only about 5 Shiteh supporters in the world until the Arabs came along ;)

Just like all the billions of Man U fans in the 70's/80's hey!

Its funny how every bloke i know who has a 28th cousin who stayed a night in Manchester goes for United and never City real strange that ;)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jase » Mon May 14, 2012 11:21 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Its funny how every bloke i know who has a 28th cousin who stayed a night in Manchester goes for United and never City real strange that ;)

We're the bloody hell is that like button...

:lol:
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:43 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Wont disagree with you there, plenty of people didnt know we existed until the 90's.
And yes plenty of people have jumped on since.
Im lucky in a way, have seen the hard times and went through the pain of watching Liverpool win everything for years.
I remember growing up all the kids were Liverpool and Arsenal supporters and cant remember anyone else who followed United.
United has always had a big following though, that happens when you are one of the Big 3.
Historically Shiteh have never had a huge following, probably something to do with their poofy colours ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Mon May 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Wont disagree with you there, plenty of people didnt know we existed until the 90's.
Im lucky in a way, have seen the hard times and went through the pain of watching Liverpool win everything for years.
I remember growing up all the kids were Liverpool and Arsenal supporters and cant remember anyone else who followed United.
United has always had a big following though, that happens when you are one of the Big 3.
Historically Shiteh have never had a huge following, probably something to do with their poofy colours ;)

LOL Classic,

maybe they would have more supporters if they had strong bold colours like claret and light blue!!!
whufc
Coach

Postby JK » Wed May 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Spot on Jim .. I started following Liverpool around 1980 when they were the biggest name in the game .. I had no idea they were though, hell I didn't even know a thing about Soccer but the replays were on Sunday mornings and whilst I waited for the Footy show to come on, each week I'd watch the Soccer and Basketball and inevitably that meant Liverpool and the Celtics were the most commonly shown teams, so they just kinda stuck.

Growing up I knew only 1 person that supported Man United, but by the time the 90's rolled around every man and his dog supported them .. Similarly I only knew of 1 Chelsea supporter prior to Abramovich coming onboard, but since then they have grown in number ... As you alluded, it's the nature of the beast and not just limited to soccer, it will always be the case in most sports.

As always - To the victor goes the spoils.
Last edited by JK on Wed May 16, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Bully » Wed May 16, 2012 2:13 pm

i started following Arsenal in the mid 80s, also seeing liverpool winning everything, but the thing also going around the time was no one likes Man Utd.

Thing with Arsenal is we havent had a period of 10-20 years, where we have just won everything. So we dont have bandwagon supporters so to speak like liverpool and man utd having a period of dominance, we have been in and around the mark for many years. (unlike a certain other North london team )
Bully
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed May 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Had no choice!! My mums family lived in a house on Green Street right up until she was 20. All the cousins and extended family lived in various parts of Dagenham. My nan still remembers when West Ham won the FA Cup, the double decker bus parade which went past their house. Every family on the street had to bring a platter of food and they had a street part which lasted all day (woohoo)

My nans brother was part of the ICF (not sure if thats what they were called in the 70's/80's) and right up until last year wore a CFC scar on his chest. A battle scar from a fight he loss with rivals from the Chelsea Football Club, funnily enough since moving to Aus 10 years ago he has fallen in love with Aussie Rules and his favourite team being Carlton. The scar has now been replaced by a Carlton Football Club tatoo.

My sister decided to support Arsenal after one of her boyfriends who supported the gonners. That side of the family refused to speak to her for 1 and half years until they broke up. Every year my great grandad send me the new West Ham home kit.
whufc
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed May 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Bully wrote:i started following Arsenal in the mid 80s, also seeing liverpool winning everything, but the thing also going around the time was no one likes Man Utd.

Thing with Arsenal is we havent had a period of 10-20 years, where we have just won everything. So we dont have bandwagon supporters so to speak like liverpool and man utd having a period of dominance, we have been in and around the mark for many years. (unlike a certain other North london team )

You just keep telling yourself that.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Bully » Thu May 17, 2012 1:07 am

devilsadvocate wrote:
Bully wrote:i started following Arsenal in the mid 80s, also seeing liverpool winning everything, but the thing also going around the time was no one likes Man Utd.

You just keep telling yourself that.

and you keep dreaming also. The facts speak for themselves
Bully
Coach

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer