EPL Transfer Rumours 2013/2014

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: EPL Transfer Rumours 2013/2014

Postby mighty hounds » Tue May 13, 2014 9:56 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Bully wrote:^^^^ helps when your club is only in one comp with no injuries to top players ;)

We will see next year when the CL games come along , an away game , then an away game for Liverpool in 3 days, we will see how well those teenagers fair ;)

You can hand us your CL spot if you want, you know you guys will only be making up the numbers as usual ;)

Like you blokes do? lol
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 13, 2014 9:59 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Bully wrote:^^^^ helps when your club is only in one comp with no injuries to top players ;)

We will see next year when the CL games come along , an away game , then an away game for Liverpool in 3 days, we will see how well those teenagers fair ;)

You can hand us your CL spot if you want, you know you guys will only be making up the numbers as usual ;)

Like you blokes do? lol

2 wins and 2 runners up in 14 years, not a bad record, just a tad better than your 1 final appearance in the same period. Let us know when you actually win one lol
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty hounds » Wed May 14, 2014 7:27 am

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Like you blokes do? lol

2 wins and 2 runners up in 14 years, not a bad record, just a tad better than your 1 final appearance in the same period. Let us know when you actually win one lol

You sound like liverpool supporters. You've done nothing since you last won it. If you don't win you're making up the numbers. Better start buying mid week tickets to City games. Only way you'll be seeing champions league this year in Manchester :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

EPL Transfer Rumours 2013/2014

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:36 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="Bully"]^^^^ helps when your club is only in one comp with no injuries to top players ;)

Like you blokes do? lol

You sound like liverpool supporters. You've done nothing since you last won it. If you don't win you're making up the numbers. Better start buying mid week tickets to City games. Only way you'll be seeing champions league this year in Manchester :lol:[/quote]

Agree if you dont win it you are making up numbers but ive been lucky enough to see us win 2 in my lifetime, something Arsenal supporters will probably never see, id have money that we win another long before Arsenal. As for CL this year, yeah we are not in it and may not be for a few years but it will be good watching the other English sides flop again
Jim05
Coach

Postby JK » Wed May 14, 2014 10:11 am

mighty hounds wrote:You sound like liverpool supporters. You've done nothing since you last won it. If you don't win you're making up the numbers. Better start buying mid week tickets to City games. Only way you'll be seeing champions league this year in Manchester :lol:

You sound like an Arsenal supporter who has never conquered Europe lol
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Bully wrote:4th is a trophy jim, don't forget that !

you keep holding that 7th place to there champ ;)

Im talking about the CL, about time you guys stopped embarassing yourselves in it and pull your finger out, bloody Shiteh will probably win it before your mob.
Liverpool and United cant carry English hopes every year

I never thought I'd see the day ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Bully wrote:
JK wrote:

So us only playing in 1 comp helped Arsenal lead for so long then fade away into obscurity? Yeah I can see how you arrive at that understanding :lol:

:lol:

read your post, then come back to me :lol:

something about arsenal leading and "falling from the skies" or whatever it was.

My post - It helps when "when you are only playing in one comp, and have no injuries".......as in you are having a dig at arsenal for leading and finishing fourth. I gave you my reason why we did, and why Liverpool went so well, as in playing in one comp, and having no injuries to players who were decent :roll:

That's bollocks.
You turned to shit because you hAve no depth. You don't have anymore injuries than any other club. Wenger can't or won't invest so every year Arsenal will be bridesmaids. Another reason why you haven't win a title since god knows when.

You really are a typical Arsenal can Bully
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Wed May 14, 2014 6:07 pm

I think you need to read the injuriy lists john and then come back. I will post a link to injuries by comparison for the top 5 teams in the EPL as I had this same discussion with someone on another forum.

ok, here

http://www.football-lineups.com/team/Li ... /Injuries/

http://www.football-lineups.com/team/Ar ... /Injuries/

click those links, count the days comparisons for Liverpool and Arsenal

You will see the big difference . Change the team name for more.
Yes, I agree, we don't have the depth because these graphs show, when we do get injuries, we suffer. My point that I said!
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby JK » Wed May 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Pretty amazing that Sturridge spent 77 days on injury list and Suarez missed the first 7 or 8 games for being a dickhead last season, yet they still scored so many goals
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Fricky » Wed May 14, 2014 7:40 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Bully wrote:
JK wrote:

So us only playing in 1 comp helped Arsenal lead for so long then fade away into obscurity? Yeah I can see how you arrive at that understanding :lol:

:lol:

read your post, then come back to me :lol:

something about arsenal leading and "falling from the skies" or whatever it was.

My post - It helps when "when you are only playing in one comp, and have no injuries".......as in you are having a dig at arsenal for leading and finishing fourth. I gave you my reason why we did, and why Liverpool went so well, as in playing in one comp, and having no injuries to players who were decent :roll:

That's bollocks.
You turned to shit because you hAve no depth. You don't have anymore injuries than any other club. Wenger can't or won't invest so every year Arsenal will be bridesmaids. Another reason why you haven't win a title since god knows when

You really are a typical Arsenal can Bully

2005 FA Cup was the last title. Pretty sure god remembers back that far.

But if youre after "major" titles then its the 2003-4 undefeated PL Title. Hopefully god's memory goes back that far or he wouldn't remember Liverpool's last PL title. 1989 wasn't it?
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby JK » Wed May 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Suri wrote:But if youre after "major" titles then its the 2003-4 undefeated PL Title. Hopefully god's memory goes back that far or he wouldn't remember Liverpool's last PL title. 1989 wasn't it?

Or Liverpool's 2006 FA Cup "title".

Not surprised you don't count the Champions League as a "major" title, Arsenal fans have probably never heard of it :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Fricky » Thu May 15, 2014 11:06 am

JK wrote:
Suri wrote:But if youre after "major" titles then its the 2003-4 undefeated PL Title. Hopefully god's memory goes back that far or he wouldn't remember Liverpool's last PL title. 1989 wasn't it?

Not surprised you don't count the Champions League as a "major" title, Arsenal fans have probably never heard of it :lol:

Heard of it, just haven't held it - yet. There's always next year JK :YMPRAY:
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby JK » Thu May 15, 2014 11:10 am

Suri wrote:
JK wrote:

Well mate, I know one thing - You can't win it if you don't qualify and you guys do regularly, so you're a better chance than 16 other EPL teams!

As an aside, does your lack of progress (putting aside your appearance in the final a few years back) have anything to do with the Manager - ie, does Arsene place a greater emphasis on the League, or not rest enough players in the FA or League Cups etc?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Fri May 16, 2014 8:28 pm

JK wrote:
Suri wrote:
JK wrote:

Well mate, I know one thing - You can't win it if you don't qualify and you guys do regularly, so you're a better chance than 16 other EPL teams!

As an aside, does your lack of progress (putting aside your appearance in the final a few years back) have anything to do with the Manager - ie, does Arsene place a greater emphasis on the League, or not rest enough players in the FA or League Cups etc?

As I said to Bully. It's about depth. Wenger is between a rock and a hard place. Rest players in the league and he runs the risk of not qualifying for the CL
Rest players in the CL and they are out by the end if the league stage.
He doesn't have the quality in depth to allow him to rest 1st teamers and consequently they tire as the season progresses which also leaves them more vulnerable to injury. Which of course simply puts more pressure on them.

I'd say for a club if Arsenal's stature, they are at least 5 or 6 players short to be a real title contender. I doubt though that Wenger will go and splash £200m + to correct the shortfall in good stock. There is a danger that the longer Arsenal go without spending some serious coin, the further they will fall behind. They just made it into the CL this year because Everton chocked at the worst time but next season United will also be in the hunt and with Liverpool resurgent under Rodgers it is going to be even tougher for Arsenal.
Might even be the 1st time they don't qualify for the CL in years, which would exasperate their problem in attracting top players

It's a vicious circle.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Fri May 16, 2014 8:45 pm

did you take a look at the injury lists I posted ^^^^^^^^^^ up there John after you say that pommy word "bollocks" when I said arsenal had more injuries than the other teams which was the cause of our faliures again this season, where I agreed we have no depth when we get injuries we fail
Bully
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Bully wrote:did you take a look at the injury lists I posted ^^^^^^^^^^ up there John after you say that pommy word "bollocks" when I said arsenal had more injuries than the other teams which was the cause of our faliures again this season, where I agreed we have no depth when we get injuries we fail

Definately a lot of injuries but they need to show some intent at the transfer table this year. Wenger keeps saying he will only add 1-2 players yet all of Arsenal's rivals will spend up, Shiteh, Chavski and United will all spend £200m plus. Shiteh are already a fair team without adding another couple of gun recruits
Jim05
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat May 17, 2014 2:04 pm

barca have apparently come out and said that fabregas will be sold if the asking fee is met
Bully
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat May 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Bully wrote:barca have apparently come out and said that fabregas will be sold if the asking fee is met

Would love to have him at United but cant see him going anywhere but Arsenal in the EPL, unless they dont want him of course
Jim05
Coach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer