EPL Season 2015/2016

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 17, 2016 8:30 am

mighty hounds wrote:
JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
So because you underachieve every year you want an award for finishing top 4 now? :lol: There's one waiting for you in the CL if you could ever do something ...

Im not happy with finishing from 2nd-4th for the last 12 years and I've been waiting patiently since 2010 for a manager change. Until that happens and we get a manager who will spend some money on improving areas we need it in to win the EPL I will just have to deal with finishing above Tottenham every year and watching us capitulate. Lol all you want but we are in a much better position than Liverpool and have been for quite some time.

Why on earth would they get rid of Wenger. He's done just what they wanted and that's get you into the CL. The EpL title means more to the fans than it does to the share holders who are more interested in the financial rewards the CL brings. Wenger knows this and does enough to keep the financial stream running and himself in a job.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue May 17, 2016 8:38 am

johntheclaret wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Most goals scored in a season since 1987
•Fewest goals conceded since 1906
•Fewest defeats since 1920
•First golden boot winner since 1993
•Highest league finish since 1990
•Still behind Arsenal.

I can do this all day :D

Thank Christ for your ladies team eh ;)

Don't forget the under 21's as well :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue May 17, 2016 8:39 am

johntheclaret wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
So because you underachieve every year you want an award for finishing top 4 now? :lol: There's one waiting for you in the CL if you could ever do something ...

Im not happy with finishing from 2nd-4th for the last 12 years and I've been waiting patiently since 2010 for a manager change. Until that happens and we get a manager who will spend some money on improving areas we need it in to win the EPL I will just have to deal with finishing above Tottenham every year and watching us capitulate. Lol all you want but we are in a much better position than Liverpool and have been for quite some time.

Why on earth would they get rid of Wenger. He's done just what they wanted and that's get you into the CL. The EpL title means more to the fans than it does to the share holders who are more interested in the financial rewards the CL brings. Wenger knows this and does enough to keep the financial stream running and himself in a job.

Don't be so negative jtc :(
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 17, 2016 8:46 am

mighty hounds wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
JK wrote:

Don't be so negative jtc :(

Sorry MH
Go the Gunners. Nothing will stand in their way

Except the mighty Clarets ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 18, 2016 10:03 am

Watched a great programme tonight about Leicester's season. It was a blow by blow review with Gary Lineaker. It showed Lineaker at the games, at home watching on the Telly etc, rather than him narrating. A very heart warming programme with good insights into the team, management & fans, and the worlds reaction to the Foxes winning the title. And very touching too. If you get a chance, it's well worth a watch.
Tony would have loved it.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 18, 2016 10:15 am

westozfalcon wrote:I have to chuckle when I read reports of how Sam Allardyce 'guided Sunderland to survival'. I mean he took over from Dick Advocaat after only about 7 games but the Black Cats still never rose above a relegation dice. Well done to them for staying up but 'Big Sam' hardly orchestrated a renaissance.

Did we survive? Yes. Was he the gaffer? Yes.

I'm not suggesting Allardyce is the messiah. But he's the manager and it'd gone the other way, the reports would have been "Allardyce presided over Sunderland's drop".

Now let's see if we can find a manager who'll keep us out of the relegation battle, so we don't need to find a manager later in the season to guide us to survival.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 18, 2016 4:19 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
westozfalcon wrote:I have to chuckle when I read reports of how Sam Allardyce 'guided Sunderland to survival'. I mean he took over from Dick Advocaat after only about 7 games but the Black Cats still never rose above a relegation dice. Well done to them for staying up but 'Big Sam' hardly orchestrated a renaissance.

Did we survive? Yes. Was he the gaffer? Yes.

I'm not suggesting Allardyce is the messiah. But he's the manager and it'd gone the other way, the reports would have been "Allardyce presided over Sunderland's drop".

Now let's see if we can find a manager who'll keep us out of the relegation battle, so we don't need to find a manager later in the season to guide us to survival.

Martinez
Moyes
Mourinho

Or why not stick with Allardyce and get some stability
Every club that has a conveyor belt of managers gets relegated.
johntheclaret
Coach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer