FA CUP 2015/2016

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: FA CUP 2015/2016

Postby Spargo » Mon May 29, 2017 9:47 pm

Bully wrote:Yeah i came back here just to post because we won some silverware again . You know, something that your mob wouldnt know much about

And in a single post, this sums you up ^
Enjoy the win, champ.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 30, 2017 10:01 am

Bully wrote:Yeah i came back here just to post because we won some silverware again . You know, something that your mob wouldnt know much about

That's true. But I think we made more profit than you.

And the sky is Claret and Blue my angry gooner friend.

I can't help it if I support one of the founding members of the league, or the 1st club prepared to sign professional footballers and subsequently refused to back down, opening the gates for all clubs to become professional.
Or have a chairman who, when the Beeb televised games for free, told them and ITV to f#%k off and come back when they were prepared to pay for football if they wanted on the TV, which of course has since led to sky and the billions they now pump into the game that have enabled the likes or your club to spend the money you have now.

I can't help being proud of what my little club has contributed to what has become the biggest game on the planet.

Tell me again, what has Arsenal given to the game, hmmmm

Still you can thank my little Clarets later :lol: ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Jase » Tue May 30, 2017 10:07 am

johntheclaret wrote:

I can't help it if I support one of the founding members of the league, or the 1st club prepared to sign professional footballers and subsequently refused to back down, opening the gates for all clubs to become professional.
Or have a chairman who, when the Beeb televised games for free, told them and ITV to f#%k off and come back when they were prepared to pay for football if they wanted on the TV, which of course has since led to sky and the billions they now pump into the game that have enabled the likes or your club to spend the money you have now.

I can't help being proud of what my little club has contributed to what has become the biggest game on the planet.

Well said, ol' bean...

:)
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Bully » Tue May 30, 2017 6:08 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

Thats great John.
I am not the angry one mate, that would be you. Maybe i am reading your posts wrong mate but the impression i have got is that you are or have an issue

Burnley has done plenty for the game and i thank them for it and have nothing against that John. I am stirring you up mate as all your replies, well to mine are or have been "thanks to Burnley"
Last edited by Bully on Tue May 30, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Bully » Tue May 30, 2017 6:10 pm

Spargo wrote:

And in a single post, this sums you up ^
Enjoy the win, champ.

I have been online for a few weeks Spargo just not posted. More so reading whats been going on. But believe what you want mate, i cant change that. Yes, i posted after we won something and maybe so i did post here at that time, but i have been here for a few weeks reading, just not posting.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 30, 2017 6:42 pm

Lol @ John being the angry one.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 31, 2017 4:09 am

Bully wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Thats great John.
I am not the angry one mate, that would be you. Maybe i am reading your posts wrong mate but the impression i have got is that you are or have an issue

Burnley has done plenty for the game and i thank them for it and have nothing against that John. I am stirring you up mate as all your replies, well to mine are or have been "thanks to Burnley"

Not at all mate

To coin a line 'oh lord please don't let me be misunderstood ' ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 31, 2017 4:10 am

Wedgie wrote:Lol @ John being the angry one.

Grrrr
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 am

2017-18 Fifth round draw

Sheffield Wednesday v Notts County/Swansea
West Brom v Southampton
Chelsea v Hull
Leicester v Sheffield Utd
Huddersfield/Birmingham v Manchester Utd
Milwall/Rochdale v Newport County/Tottenham
Brighton v Coventry
Wigan v Manchester City
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:43 am

Spargo wrote:2017-18 Fifth round draw

West Brom v Southampton
Chelsea v Hull
Brighton v Coventry
Wigan v Manchester City

West Brom romped past the Southampton reserves, hopefully the A grade can put up a better fight :oops: :evil:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:46 am

Spargo wrote:2017-18 Fifth round draw

West Brom v Southampton
Chelsea v Hull
Brighton v Coventry
Wigan v Manchester City

I didn’t realise what a mixed bag the last 16 was. Just show how serious the lower league clubs take the cup and how much the top flight tend to disregard it these days.

10 EPL
4 Championship
2 League 1
4 League 2

Lower leagues see it as a much needed pay day
Top two leagues see it as a distraction and just another fixture they could do without, and of course just another injury risk at the wrong end of the season.
The Championship clubs don’t have the depth in quality that the EPL clubs have which might explain why so few have progressed this far. The EPL clubs see it the same way but generally have strong reserve and squad players.
johntheclaret
Coach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer