Night owls

Any other sports

Night owls

Postby Coach Bombay » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Who plays?

We are in our first season at somerton park after a few years at glenelg. We are called bowls deep but there are some other funny names out there I.e. get your end in and blue bowls
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Re: Night owls

Postby Iron Fist » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:24 am

bays09 wrote:Who plays?

We are in our first season at somerton park after a few years at glenelg. We are called bowls deep but there are some other funny names out there I.e. get your end in and blue bowls

I reckon my mates team I filled in for at West Lakes is called Bowls deep aswell haha
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:38 am

I reckon JK is/was a fan of the night owl scene.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Bully » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:27 am

i thought you ment the Nightowl food stores (24 hours stores) when i saw this topic?
Like a 7 eleven etc
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:33 pm

I am bays. Our team was an old indoor cricket team that got too slow and fat.......and lost the numbers to play indoor cricket, so we've gone to lawn bowls at Modbury. It's our 6th season and last year we were good enough (lucky enough?) to play in the finals, which is played between the top 4 Wednesday night sides and the top 4 Thursday night sides.

We make it more interesting by having a fine system. Each fine (a dollar) goes toward our end of season dinner/pi$$ up. Makes it a bit more interesting.

The past three weeks I've filled in for a team at Clearview, on artificial grass. The surface is MUCH quicker than I'm used to at Modbury but the competition is pretty good out there and very well patronised.

I love the game. My dad used to play (in fact he stopped playing when I was about 8 or 9) for Broadview, but I'm happy to say I'm very ordinary at it.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Bully wrote:i thought you ment the Nightowl food stores (24 hours stores) when i saw this topic?
Like a 7 eleven etc

we can start a new thread if u like regarding 24 hour shops
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby Coach Bombay » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:52 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

I am bays. Our team was an old indoor cricket team that got too slow and fat.......and lost the numbers to play indoor cricket, so we've gone to lawn bowls at Modbury. It's our 6th season and last year we were good enough (lucky enough?) to play in the finals, which is played between the top 4 Wednesday night sides and the top 4 Thursday night sides.

We make it more interesting by having a fine system. Each fine (a dollar) goes toward our end of season dinner/pi$$ up. Makes it a bit more interesting.

The past three weeks I've filled in for a team at Clearview, on artificial grass. The surface is MUCH quicker than I'm used to at Modbury but the competition is pretty good out there and very well patronised.

what are the beer prices like?

We are looking between $5 and $6 for pints stubbies etc at somerton. was only $4.50 a stubby at Glenelg.

I love the game. My dad used to play (in fact he stopped playing when I was about 8 or 9) for Broadview, but I'm happy to say I'm very ordinary at it.
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby Coach Bombay » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:53 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

what are the beer prices like?

We are looking between $5 and $6 for pints stubbies etc at somerton. was only $4.50 a stubby at Glenelg.
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:20 pm

$4.50 cans and stubbies at Croydon, includes a bbq.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby JK » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I reckon JK is/was a fan of the night owl scene.

Good memory Chicky!!

Yep, been playing/drinking at Henley for about 17 years .. Blue Inner Ear our name this season.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby David Brent » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:42 pm

JK wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I reckon JK is/was a fan of the night owl scene.

Good memory Chicky!!

Yep, been playing/drinking at Henley for about 17 years .. Blue Inner Ear our name this season.

Classic in bold above
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports