Clipsal 500 2006

Any other sports

Clipsal 500 2006

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:26 am

Premier Mike Rann today announced record pre-bookings for grandstand and corporate facilities at today’s launch of the 2006 Clipsal 500 Adelaide.
Mr Rann says, following the record attendance of 255,600 at the 2005 event, ticket and corporate sales for next year’s race were already 11% higher than advance sales at this time last year.
The advanced attendance for the 2006 event already equates to over 165,000.
“The Clipsal 500 Adelaide is also clearly South Australia’s largest business marketing opportunity with
more than 43,000 corporate bookings made for next year’s race compared to this year’s record corporate attendance of 42,584.
“The good news is that that there are plenty of tickets available and we are catering for more people
with additional grandstand seats, more viewing facilities, more catering outlets, and importantly more toilets”.
Premier Rann also launched the event’s advertising campaign that commences nationally today.
“ Legendary motor sports commentator Murray Walker tells us that the Clipsal 500 Adelaide is the best touring car event in the world and this year’s promotional campaign reflects that position of superiority. Even if it does ruffle a few feathers interstate and overseas it shows just how good our race in SA is”.
Next year’s race will be held from March 23-26 and is the first round of the AVESCO V8 Supercar
Championship Series.
Mr Rann said the event will include an extended V8 Supercar race program of more than 10 hours
of competition over the four-day event with eight racing categories in total including the first
appearance of the Lotus Trophy class on the Adelaide street circuit.
The event, which this year contributed $26m to the South Australian economy, will also feature four on-circuit concerts with acts including Jimmy Barnes, John Swan, David Campbell, Mark Seymour,
James Reyne, Adam Brand, Beccy Cole, Adam Harvey, Gina Jeffreys, Silverchair, Shihad, Grinspoon,
and The Butterfly Effect.
V8 Supercar drivers Greg Murphy, Jason Richards, John Bowe, and Russell Ingall attended today’s
launch at the Adelaide Festival Theatre.

8 Motorsport categories

V8 Supercars
V8 Supercars development
V8 Utes
Carrera Cup
Formula Ford
Muscle Historic Touring Cars
Lotus Trophy
Aussie Racing Cars

4 After Race Concerts

Thursday
Grinspoon
The Butterfly Affect

Friday
Silverchair
Shihad

Saturday
Beccy Cole
Adam Brand
Adam Harvey
Gina Jeffreys

Sunday
Diesel
James Reyne
Davide Campbell
Jimmy Barnes
John Swan
Mark Seymour
''I can't think back to a time where Australia have been so convincingly beaten'' - Mark Taylor in regards to the 2010/11 Ashes series.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby RoostersRuleTheWorld ! » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:43 pm

Plenty of racing on now for the clipsal, more the better !
RoostersRuleTheWorld !
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:48 pm

the Wednesday before the clipsal will be great, 32 V8 Supercars and 100 Motorbikes, will be driving around Adelaide, followed by a lap of the clipsal track and finishing up in pit lane. :D
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:05 pm

Sam_goUUUdogs wrote:the Wednesday before the clipsal will be great, 32 V8 Supercars and 100 Motorbikes, will be driving around Adelaide, followed by a lap of the clipsal track and finishing up in pit lane. :D

Yeah fantastic, more bloody traffic snarls coming to work down Unley Rd. :cry:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:07 pm

I think they will be doing it at around 1:45-2:45 to avoid as many traffic dramas as possible.
and come on Wedgie, if your going to be stuck behind someone in traffic, it might as well be Lowndesy.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:11 pm

Sam_goUUUdogs wrote:I think they will be doing it at around 1:45-2:45 to avoid as many traffic dramas as possible.
and come on Wedgie, if your going to be stuck behind someone in traffic, it might as well be Lowndesy.

Its not Lowndesy that worries me, its all the chaos those broken down Holdens cause that worries me! :wink:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:12 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Sam_goUUUdogs wrote:I think they will be doing it at around 1:45-2:45 to avoid as many traffic dramas as possible.

Its not Lowndesy that worries me, its all the chaos those broken down Holdens cause that worries me! :wink:

Actually I take that back, I think I'd prefer broken down Holdens to the dickheads driving 4 wheel drives down Unley Rd most days, no friggen idea those peanuts. :roll:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby RoostersRuleTheWorld ! » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:17 pm

Sorry Wedge , Holdens dont break down mate !
RoostersRuleTheWorld !
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:20 pm

RoostersRuleTheWorld ! wrote:Sorry Wedge , Holdens dont break down mate !

lol, I must remember to shout that out the window to the half a dozen commodore's pulled over on the expressway I pass every day, they must be just there for the views of the blasted out hillside. :wink:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:22 pm

Wedgie wrote:
RoostersRuleTheWorld ! wrote:Sorry Wedge , Holdens dont break down mate !

lol, I must remember to shout that out the window to the half a dozen commodore's pulled over on the expressway I pass every day, they must be just there for the views of the blasted out hillside. :wink:

why else would they be there??? :lol:
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports