Basketball "IPL" ?

Any other sports

Re: Basketball "IPL" ?

Postby Westsider » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Should be at least on nights during the week, not during the day.
50 ppl in the crowd.. no atmosphere.. might as well take a camera to St. Clair Rec Centre.
Westsider
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby BZB27 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:12 pm

they should have held it over the easter break it would of got more people filling the seats
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Gozu » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:04 am

I'm still of the view that it's a made for TV tournament and any sort of punters turning up is really a bonus. That's why it's on TV mainly during the day as no one is going to televise this tournament at night during primetime, over Easter Ten/One would understandably prefer to show things like AFL and for mine the giveaway is that this Saturday is a tournament "rest day" coincidentally the same day as Ten/One's AFL games.

I liked what I saw and thought it was a reasonably high standard too. I think that Fleet/Monarchs game late tomorrow might be a cracker.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby Brucetiki » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Fleet v Monarchs about to start on One.

My tip - Hodge to be ejected by quarter time :D
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 198 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby the big bang » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Brucetiki wrote:Fleet v Monarchs about to start on One.

My tip - Hodge to be ejected by quarter time :D

was a good game, even with the Fleet ending up taking it by 13(?) points. and obviously the public thought it was going to be a decent show, with probably a couple hundred people in the stands.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby cripple » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:44 pm

went along today. games were at a pretty good standard all day. also the crowd picked up today compared to yesterday and tomorrow is free for kids so that should some more along.

was really good to sit in the stands with the players watching games they were not involved in. one thing i couldn't help thinking was that if what is in a location where more kids could get to without mum and dad dropping them off, would be a better spectacle. a good day all in all
cripple
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Gozu » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:33 am

I thought the Fleet/Monarchs game was excellent. I think the Fleet are up first against the Cyclones tomorrow from 10:30.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:33 am

Fleet into the Semi's Friday afternoon. Hopefully they can get up and go through to Sunday arvo's final.
Gozu
Coach

Postby bloods08 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Heading along today. Go the Fleet.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:00 pm

Supposedly half price tickets for both of today's semi-final games.
Gozu
Coach

Postby bloods08 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Must have been $60 a ticket for the preliminary games. No wonder noone went. Paid $30 tonight and thought that was a bit excessive. Tickets are $15 each for the final between the rays and the coasters. Had a good night though apart from the fact the fleet lost and of course the crap food.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Is it possibly the biggest flop ever. I understand it made for televison but evenso its pretty embarrasing having these guys play in front of less than 500 people. Doesn't do the sports image any good.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5619 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Gozu » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:35 am

It was a shame the Fleet were eliminated but Lampley, Ratzch & Brad Davidson were huge for the Coasters.
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:27 pm

The Rays beat the Coasters comfortably in the final for the $175K winners cheque. Good to see Willie Farley win the 3 point shootout and take the $10K. All up I thought it was an excellent tournament with a few things to iron out like ticket pricing but hopefully it becomes an annual event. Gives great exposure to both imports and Aussies trying to crack the NBL and I thought the standard of play (especially from the Rays & Fleet) was exceptional. Well done to everyone involved.
Gozu
Coach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports