EP Hockey 2009

Any other sports

Re: EP Hockey 2009

Postby barksoff » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:49 pm

the story with skeet is he wanted some fitness training as wanderers hadnt started . he came out with heughsy but only lasted one night as it has been full on . but i give him credit he had a go !! that is one thing i would not discourage if anyone wants to train with marauders i will never knock them back unless your colin or wayne lol
barksoff
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby blink » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:54 pm

barksoff wrote:
good to see you back on haloman. refresh my memory as this will syart rumours . cant imagine chucky playing footy . might not get a kick but should win a few ruck duels !!

Pretty sure he got quite a few kicks before injuring his hammy in the trial the other night barksy - maybe you should watch Chuckie play a game before immediately assuming he "might not get a kick".....? Sorry for the bluntness, but I couldn't let that one slip idly through to the keeper.

And in answer to Reag's comment about Flinders being a "mystery" as always, we have been far from mysterious- we would just prefer to steer clear of the b*llshit rumours that are so prolific as always at this time of year and are just keen to get onto the real stuff! Also, this really isn't the medium that we'd like to use to broadcast things anyway - so if you want to know anything, don't hesitate to come up and ask one of us (but preferably someone other than the two aformentioned names, people tend to instantly tarnish the rest of us with the same brush), because we'd be happy to spill all in person!
Good to see you back though after the year off.
blink
League - Best 21

Postby haloman » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:52 pm

That wasn't meant to be a dig at Flinders Blink. What I was getting at is all the talk I've heard has ALL been about Mauraders and Panthers. Mostly Mauraders. :roll: Flinders have a history of sneaking under the radar, that's not meant in a bad way it's just nobody talks about them (Flinders), and I was simply asking about your coaches, ins, outs etc. As for this forum not being the place........... I disagree. If this isn't the place to talk constructively about the competition..........then why the hell read it in the first place. This is only full of "bullsh*t rumors" , as you put it, because nobody shares anything really useful on it. I'd like to see that change. Am I going to post our team week to week on it????? Hell no. Am I going to share the things we talk about at trainings and tactics we are going to use????? Hell no again. But I would like to think this forum has the capacity to be more than simply a place for rumors, inuendo and personal attacks on opposition players and clubs. There will be some out there who use it for those things..............ignore them. What I tell you guys on here you can take as fact as it appears in my eyes.........just as if we were talking face to face. I'd like to use this forum as more of a resource than a rumor mill. Anyone who wants to join me in doing so..............I look forward to talking to you soon.
Choco Williams Lives!!! We have seen the REVOLUTION come and go. You have "LIVED THE CREED". All you Power people are now gonna have to "KEEP THE FAITH". Slogan for 2010-11 PAFC.....or is it PAPFC.......I never get it right.
haloman
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby haloman » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:02 am

barksoff wrote:
good to see you back on haloman. refresh my memory as this will syart rumours . cant imagine chucky playing footy . might not get a kick but should win a few ruck duels !!

Geez mate you must have been drunk......... :partyman: :partyman: :drinkers:
Lets just say at the time you were first talking about going to Marauders I didn't believe you were gonna go through with it and I made a silly statement about going with you if you did. Not sure what the hell I was thinking at the time........should have known you better than that.
8-} 8-} 8-}
Choco Williams Lives!!! We have seen the REVOLUTION come and go. You have "LIVED THE CREED". All you Power people are now gonna have to "KEEP THE FAITH". Slogan for 2010-11 PAFC.....or is it PAPFC.......I never get it right.
haloman
Under 18s

Postby skipper46 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:42 pm

Whats the schedule for Friday week? looking forward to another succesful season. We are struggling with numbers at this stage though.
silicone skyline wrote:Andrew Jericho would kick Perrie's arse
skipper46
Under 16s

Postby clear cut » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:46 am

Would be good to get the season fixture BEFORE the season started wouldn't it, ANYONE know what time and date games are yet?
clear cut
Mini-League

Postby skipper46 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:40 am

NO :roll:
skipper46
Under 16s

Postby haloman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:55 pm

Draw for round one is as follows.................

17th April
6.30pm Wan v Flin MB
7.45pm Pan v Mar WA

18th April
noon Pan v Mar WB Wanderers grounds
1.15pm Pan v Mar MB
2.30pm Wan v Flin WB
4pm Pan v Mar MA
5.30pm Wan v Flin WA
7pm Wan v Flin MA

Thoughts every1??????
haloman
Under 18s

Postby skipper46 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:56 am

:roll: could have matched up the 2 same clubs on the friday night
skipper46
Under 16s

Postby clear cut » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:21 pm

what is everyones tip for the first round of matches for the year? The mens a grand final rematch should be an interesting game. marauders reported to have a lot of new faces but have lost their two best players in hosko and their goalie....
clear cut
Mini-League

Postby Libertine » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:11 pm

tiger07andbeyond wrote:Libertine I thought you did a couple of good things the other night at the footy. The coach didn't give you much game time. Stick to footy mate

Thanks Tiger, i had a good time playing until the Hammy gave out, the amount of game time didn't really bother me, the trial matches are more for the A grade teams, i was pretty happy with the amount of time i got. I wish i had got the goal though, would have made the injury almost worth it.

haloman wrote:That wasn't meant to be a dig at Flinders Blink. What I was getting at is all the talk I've heard has ALL been about Mauraders and Panthers. Mostly Mauraders. :roll: Flinders have a history of sneaking under the radar, that's not meant in a bad way it's just nobody talks about them (Flinders), and I was simply asking about your coaches, ins, outs etc. As for this forum not being the place........... I disagree. If this isn't the place to talk constructively about the competition..........then why the hell read it in the first place. This is only full of "bullsh*t rumors" , as you put it, because nobody shares anything really useful on it. I'd like to see that change. Am I going to post our team week to week on it????? Hell no. Am I going to share the things we talk about at trainings and tactics we are going to use????? Hell no again. But I would like to think this forum has the capacity to be more than simply a place for rumors, inuendo and personal attacks on opposition players and clubs. There will be some out there who use it for those things..............ignore them. What I tell you guys on here you can take as fact as it appears in my eyes.........just as if we were talking face to face. I'd like to use this forum as more of a resource than a rumor mill. Anyone who wants to join me in doing so..............I look forward to talking to you soon.

The reason Flinders aren't boasting about recruiting and teams stems a lot from last years experiences. We would have had the greatest team ever if all the boom recruits who assured us in Dec, Jan, Feb that they would play in March & April had actually played. I can think of at least 6 players who would walk into any other team said they would be there so we gleefully announced to the world how much ass we were going to kick, only to look like fools when only one actually ended up playing. I think we are just a bit more wary this time and don't want to jinx it all. We Flinderites are a superstitious bunch...

haloman wrote:Draw for round one is as follows.................

17th April
6.30pm Wan v Flin MB - Flinders
7.45pm Pan v Mar WA - Panthers

18th April
noon Pan v Mar WB - Marauders
1.15pm Pan v Mar MB - Panthers
2.30pm Wan v Flin WB - Flinders
4pm Pan v Mar MA - Marauders
5.30pm Wan v Flin WA - Flinders
7pm Wan v Flin MA - Flinders

Thoughts every1??????

Sorry Wanderers, your playing my club so there is no way i could tip you...
Libertine
Mini-League

Postby clear cut » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:03 am

I'm surprised no one's had anything to say about the first round as yet. Love to hear from a Panther's Men's A Rep, reigning premiers off to a bad start? ;)
Other Men's A not so surprising though...
clear cut
Mini-League

Postby OnSong » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:40 pm

PL hockey a good standard?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 646 times
Been liked: 731 times

Postby clear cut » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:01 pm

Haha, in comparison to what? We would like to think so! Umpiring could use some work though
clear cut
Mini-League

Postby blink » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:04 pm

I think the umpiring is as good as it can be in the situation we have, with the players doing it themselves...

Only way to lift the umpiring standard higher is to have paid umpires - which I assume the Association cannot afford to do!
blink
League - Best 21

Postby barksoff » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:57 pm

umpiring good but make sure all captains check goal scorers and goals on card before they sign. we found out in the marauders and panthers game score should have been 5-2 mens b grade panthers and marauders game score should have been 3-2 as i got a goal and wasnt in the times !!!!!!!
barksoff
Rookie

Postby barksoff » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:58 pm

sorry mens b 3-1
barksoff
Rookie

Postby Libertine » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:29 pm

barksoff wrote:umpiring good but make sure all captains check goal scorers and goals on card before they sign. we found out in the marauders and panthers game score should have been 5-2 mens b grade panthers and marauders game score should have been 3-2 as i got a goal and wasnt in the times !!!!!!!

Sorry Barksoff, that one was my fault, i forgot for a bit that i was doing the card. I thought i had missed something as i only had the 2-1 scoreline on the card, i asked Greg W when he signed the card and he assured me it was 2-1.

Next game i umpire, ill give you one of Dan Mahoney's goals, If he ever scores one... :twisted:
Libertine
Mini-League

Postby blink » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Surely barksoff doesn't really care Libertine - I know he doesn't think playing hockey is all about getting your name in The Times!!
blink
League - Best 21

Postby Libertine » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:45 pm

blink wrote:I am sure barksoff doesn't really mind Libertine - surely he doesn't think playing hockey is all about getting your name in The Times!!

What other reason is there??? :?
Libertine
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports