MLB

Any other sports

Re: MLB

Postby redden whites » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:33 pm

The Bronx Brigade have put up some massive numbers lately, I think its 65 runs in 5 games .In the last 2 games I think the entire line up has hit in both 1st and 2nd innings .41/2 out from a wildcard spot now .It has definately been peaks and valleys for them this year .
redden whites
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby haloman » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:47 am

ORDoubleBlues wrote:not sure about interleague play during the season but I'm pretty sure the National League representative is aloud to use a DH in the World Series.

Milwaukee rookie third baseman Ryan Braun is still lighting it up. 16 homers in his first 51 games in the majors and if you projected that over a full season, that's 50 homers and it may just be the shot in the arm that the underdog Brewers will need in the playoffs.

The interleauge games work the same the same as the World Series. When playing in the ballpark of a NL team no team is able to use a DH. When playing in an American Leauge teams ballpark both teams can use a DH. Anyone know how the Aussie lads playing in the majors have been travelling? Got rid of my pay TV so haven't seen much of the MLB this season.
Choco Williams Lives!!! We have seen the REVOLUTION come and go. You have "LIVED THE CREED". All you Power people are now gonna have to "KEEP THE FAITH". Slogan for 2010-11 PAFC.....or is it PAPFC.......I never get it right.
haloman
Under 18s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:45 am

haloman wrote:
ORDoubleBlues wrote:not sure about interleague play during the season but I'm pretty sure the National League representative is aloud to use a DH in the World Series.

Milwaukee rookie third baseman Ryan Braun is still lighting it up. 16 homers in his first 51 games in the majors and if you projected that over a full season, that's 50 homers and it may just be the shot in the arm that the underdog Brewers will need in the playoffs.

The interleauge games work the same the same as the World Series. When playing in the ballpark of a NL team no team is able to use a DH. When playing in an American Leauge teams ballpark both teams can use a DH. Anyone know how the Aussie lads playing in the majors have been travelling? Got rid of my pay TV so haven't seen much of the MLB this season.

Thanks for clearing that up haloman.
Pete Moylan has pitched very well for the Atlanta Braves in the games I've seen. Seems to throw pretty hard for a sidearm pitcher and is capable of pitching a sinker over 90 mile an hour.
There was a lad with a hyphenated name from Sydney who made his pitching debut for the Seattle Mariners recently. Don't know about too many others though.
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby schimma » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:58 pm

Barry Bonds the new home run king.

Lucky it was in san fran and no where else otherwise teh boos would have drowned out celebrations.

well done but is it tainted????????
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:33 pm

schimma wrote:well done but is it tainted????????

make your own decision -

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3567 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:34 pm

CHEAT

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11915 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:39 pm

schimma wrote:Barry Bonds the new home run king.

Lucky it was in san fran and no where else otherwise teh boos would have drowned out celebrations.

well done but is it tainted????????

Probably is but as I alluded to in an earlier post, he's getting all the attention because of his status in the game. Surely the names of Canseco, McGwire, Sosa and Caminiti, just to name a few have to be looked at as well.
Think that Bonds can play another 2 years if he signs with an American League team next year. Imagine Bonds and his league leading on base percentage playing for the New York Yankees, Detroit Tigers or Los Angeles Angels.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby Jayjake » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:06 pm

What is happening with my team DETROIT, they look like they have hit a brick wall. I know they have just come of a huge road trip, but they were one of the best defensive teams last year and now they a giving up some pretty big totals, lucky for them Cleveland don't seem to what to take that division away either
Jayjake
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:31 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:15 pm

That really is unbelievable. Bet the Orioles thought they were in for a solid win when they went up 3-0.

This only a day after the Angels' Garrett Anderson had 10 RBI in a game.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:31 pm

watch Sportscenter tonight!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:06 am

Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby brod » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:14 am

Incredible.
Backed it up and won the second game of the double header 9-7. This after scoring only two runs on seven hits in their previous two games.
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby schimma » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:41 am

Good to see the tribe take 2 out 3 against the tigers and skip ahead by a game. Next they play against Kansas city who the tribe have had a few problems against this year and the tigers take on the hitting machine of the Yankees. This next 3 game set for both clubs could be telling.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby haloman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:29 pm

schimma wrote:Good to see the tribe take 2 out 3 against the tigers and skip ahead by a game. Next they play against Kansas city who the tribe have had a few problems against this year and the tigers take on the hitting machine of the Yankees. This next 3 game set for both clubs could be telling.

I'm not sure if I read this correctly or not......still rubbing my eyes after reading it..........Detroit 16, NY Yankees 0.
I reckon this was the second of those 3 games you speak of and I believe Detroit took the first game also.
NYY looking VERY shaky now for even the wild card let alone the division title. I think that loss leaves them 7 1/2 games back with about 30 to play.
Go You Red Socks! :D
No New York Yankee's in October! \:D/ =D> :-({|= :supz: :butthead:
Choco Williams Lives!!! We have seen the REVOLUTION come and go. You have "LIVED THE CREED". All you Power people are now gonna have to "KEEP THE FAITH". Slogan for 2010-11 PAFC.....or is it PAPFC.......I never get it right.
haloman
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:00 pm

haloman wrote:I'm not sure if I read this correctly or not......still rubbing my eyes after reading it..........Detroit 16, NY Yankees 0.
I reckon this was the second of those 3 games you speak of and I believe Detroit took the first game also.
NYY looking VERY shaky now for even the wild card let alone the division title. I think that loss leaves them 7 1/2 games back with about 30 to play.
Go You Red Socks! :D
No New York Yankee's in October! \:D/ =D> :-({|= :supz: :butthead:

Detroit has an emerging youngster by the name of Cameron Maybin who a couple of weeks ago got his first Major League home run off Roger Clemens. He's only 20 years old and plays in the outfield and last year the Washington Nationals offered Alfonso Soriano, who is a proven All Star, for him in a deal straight up and the Tigers said NO!!!!!

Just to add, I said a while back that I couldn't believe the frenzy that the signing of Roger Clemens was creating in New York given the enormous contract he got but I must admit that if the Yankees do make the post season it will have been worth it.
Thought he flew the flag the other day when the Toronto Blue Jays pitcher threw at Alex Rodriquez, which was fair enough given what happened earlier in the year, but after having already got him they threw at him again to which Clemens replied with a heater in the middle of Alex Rios' back
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:58 pm

Detroit Tigers looking likely to miss playoffs after assembling a lineup that I thought would go all the way this year. Always plenty of stats in baseball and it looks like Curtis Granderson will become the first player in history to record at least 20 homers, triples, doubles and stolen bases.
Alex Rodriguez up to 48 homers and 134 RBI for the season.
Boston's Clay Bucholz threw a no hitter in only his second major league start a la Wilson Alvarez for the White Sox in '91.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:47 am

What about the story of St Louis outfielder Rick Ankiel?
A guy who came up through the minor leagues as a pitcher but by the 2000 season he had got a case of what could only be described as the pitching yips, some of his pitches were three feet high or wide of the catcher, then was sent back the minors. He then embarked on an ambitious attempt to reinvent himself as a hitting outfielder and after 6 long years was finally called back up to the majors and has been nothing short of an amazing success story so far. In 81 at bats he has 9 home runs, 29 RBI and is batting a touch over .350 and just this morning had a 2 homer game in a 16-4 thrashing of the Pittsburgh Pirates by the St Louis Cardinals.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby schimma » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:33 pm

the Tribe has just packed away the brooms after sweeping the tigers and putting them out of the playoff race. The tribe are now only 1 game away from taking the best record into the play offs.

go tribe
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:45 pm

Tigers definitely dissappointing this year and it looks like the Yankees will have overtaken the RedSox by the end of the year and all the experts said there was no way that was going to happen 3 months ago.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports