Pro Wrestling Talk

Any other sports

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:34 am

wristwatcher wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Bully wrote:not all of us earn 100,000 a year and can afford to download it ;)

what do you think i do??? :lol:

Are you a radio celebrity and a part time footy coach??? ;)

They're some things i add to my resume :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:35 pm

Just finished reading Bob Holly's book "The Hardcore Truth". I have read just about every wrestling biography that has come out but this one is defintley one of the best. I truly believe he is telling it exactly how it is, no crap. He has some very interesting things to say about a few people, most notably Jeff Jarret and Triple H. After reading this book it just makes me even more appreciative than what I was before reading the book in regards to meeting him and seeing him put on one hell of a wrestling show in Adelaide last year. I have nothing but respect for Bob. If you haven't got your hands on a copy of the book, get it! If it lets you down, I will personally apologise to your face. Hands down one of the best pro wrestling books written.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby MightyEagles » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:47 am

Is he saying that both are DHs?
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:11 am

Blackwhite wrote:Just finished reading Bob Holly's book "The Hardcore Truth". I have read just about every wrestling biography that has come out but this one is defintley one of the best. I truly believe he is telling it exactly how it is, no crap. He has some very interesting things to say about a few people, most notably Jeff Jarret and Triple H. After reading this book it just makes me even more appreciative than what I was before reading the book in regards to meeting him and seeing him put on one hell of a wrestling show in Adelaide last year. I have nothing but respect for Bob. If you haven't got your hands on a copy of the book, get it! If it lets you down, I will personally apologise to your face. Hands down one of the best pro wrestling books written.

Good enough for me. I'm heading to footy training in a couple of weeks (to drink on the balcony) and if its OK ill borrow it and give it a read. I'm just about to start Road Warrior Animals so a swop might be on the cards.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby test » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:31 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Just finished reading Bob Holly's book "The Hardcore Truth". I have read just about every wrestling biography that has come out but this one is defintley one of the best. I truly believe he is telling it exactly how it is, no crap. He has some very interesting things to say about a few people, most notably Jeff Jarret and Triple H. After reading this book it just makes me even more appreciative than what I was before reading the book in regards to meeting him and seeing him put on one hell of a wrestling show in Adelaide last year. I have nothing but respect for Bob. If you haven't got your hands on a copy of the book, get it! If it lets you down, I will personally apologise to your face. Hands down one of the best pro wrestling books written.

Good enough for me. I'm heading to footy training in a couple of weeks (to drink on the balcony) and if its OK ill borrow it and give it a read. I'm just about to start Road Warrior Animals so a swop might be on the cards.

I've read Road Warrior Animals, good book if your a fan of him, I enjoyed it.
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:11 pm

MightyEagles wrote:Is he saying that both are DHs?

Oh hell yes. He hates both men's guts. But Bob makes it clear that no matter how much he hates HHH personally, he thinks he is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and loved working with him. That's what made the book so entertaining as Bob could see people on different levels.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:11 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

Too easy WW, let me know when your coming out to falcon land :)
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:01 am

When is it safe to talk about RAW?????????????????????????????????
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Mic » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:42 am

woodublieve12 wrote:When is it safe to talk about RAW?????????????????????????????????

Great ending this week!
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 145 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:08 am

Mic wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:When is it safe to talk about RAW?????????????????????????????????

Great ending this week!

:D
YES YES it was... Crowd was insane!!! He is as popular as anyone in the business today! Know one on the roster, not even cena has that much pull with the crowd!! Austin like for Bryan at the moment
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Mic » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:22 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:I found these from when I saw tna live...

This was as close as I got to a TNA show in Orlando.

tna small.jpg
tna small.jpg (223.25 KiB) Viewed 643 times

However, 2 days earlier in Orlando I took this:

Mania Small.jpg
Mania Small.jpg (173 KiB) Viewed 643 times
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:31 pm

Mae Young has passed away.... Legend of the business
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:51 pm

YES YES YES YES
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Just about to go and watch Raw and have avoided all spoilers...well played posters :)

My question ; Is it a good Raw? rating out of 10?
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:43 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Just about to go and watch Raw and have avoided all spoilers...well played posters :)

My question ; Is it a good Raw? rating out of 10?

Up Until the main event, I thought Raw was average. I cannot describe how good the ending was. One of the best finishes to a show in a long long time!
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Here I was a few weeks ago thinking there was no way Daniel Bryan could get more over. I thought he had peaked. Well this weeks main event on Raw proved how wrong I was. I don't think we've seen anyone this popular since the days of Stone Cold.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Here I was a few weeks ago thinking there was no way Daniel Bryan could get more over. I thought he had peaked. Well this weeks main event on Raw proved how wrong I was. I don't think we've seen anyone this popular since the days of Stone Cold.

totally agree...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:31 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Here I was a few weeks ago thinking there was no way Daniel Bryan could get more over. I thought he had peaked. Well this weeks main event on Raw proved how wrong I was. I don't think we've seen anyone this popular since the days of Stone Cold.

totally agree...

It was Awesome.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby Bully » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Surely John Cena has been the most popular star since Stone cold.

awesome ending for sure yes. Best ending for a long while
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Mic » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:52 pm

Bully wrote:Surely John Cena has been the most popular star since Stone cold.

awesome ending for sure yes. Best ending for a long while

Not when a reasonable percentage of the crowd is chanting that he sucks.

The only thing with Bryan is whether it's him that's so over or the "Yes!" chant that's so over.
Mic
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports