NRL - Melbourne Storm Crisis

Any other sports

Re: NRL - Melbourne Storm Crisis

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:50 am

spell_check wrote:I went to the first home game vs Hunter Mariners. I'd go to a few of their matches if they came back.

As far as this matter goes, well, wouldn't making changes to the payroll list to enusre the team roster is under the cap, be better than render the rest of the season meaningless?

Agree Spelly. Cut their salary cap by 20%, then fill the positions from the bottom up* with the lower paid players first based on their currently signed contracts until the salary cap is filled. Those at the top end are barred for the rest of the year, but still registered with Melbourne who have the first opportunity to sign them for next year into a salary cap again 20% lower than the rest of the comp. I acknowledge this may seem unfair on those who signed extra contracts in all innocence, but these will be the losers anyway regardless of what punishment is imposed.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 176 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:24 am

Did anyone watch the game today? I did from start to finished and loved every minute of it. A great win for the storm, one the best games of rugby league i've ever seen. I love it how the storm even though their not playing for points, they can still stuff up everyone else's seasons and chances of making the finals if they continually go out and belt whoever they play each week.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10399 times
Been liked: 1536 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:02 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Did anyone watch the game today? I did from start to finished and loved every minute of it. A great win for the storm, one the best games of rugby league i've ever seen. I love it how the storm even though their not playing for points, they can still stuff up everyone else's seasons and chances of making the finals if they continually go out and belt whoever they play each week.

what was the crowd like there.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2541 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Gozu » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:15 pm

"Secret money trail behind the Storm salary cap rort":

As well as controlling Valimanda, News Ltd - the Australian arm of Rupert Murdoch's global media empire - also owns the Storm, half of the National Rugby League competition and half of Fox Sports, which broadcasts the competition.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... utostart=1
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby mal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:27 pm

Whats the difference between the Melbourne Storm and a toothpick ?
The toothpick has 2 points
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1171 times
Been liked: 928 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:01 pm

mal wrote:Whats the difference between the Melbourne Storm and a toothpick ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat May 01, 2010 12:24 pm

whufc wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Did anyone watch the game today? I did from start to finished and loved every minute of it. A great win for the storm, one the best games of rugby league i've ever seen. I love it how the storm even though their not playing for points, they can still stuff up everyone else's seasons and chances of making the finals if they continually go out and belt whoever they play each week.

what was the crowd like there.

Huge, big crowd there not sure what the figure was. Looks like they'll get a few more large crowds throughout the rest of the season if they keep winning like that.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat May 01, 2010 12:24 pm

mal wrote:Whats the difference between the Melbourne Storm and a toothpick ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Dark Knight
Coach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports