Gaelic Football in South Australia

Any other sports

Re: gaelic footy 2008

Postby Swooper16 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:52 am

schimma wrote:
Swooper16 wrote:Bugger. Was hoping Onka's would do the business they've fallen away big time since the X-mas break!.

think footy training and injuries have taken there toll, still have a solid list. massive upset with Na Fiana knocking them off.

I'm hoping Footy training doesnt take its toll on St Brendans on Sunday. THink half the team have a footy training day this Sunday. maybe not the best prep for a must win game.

You boys would have to be pretty confident of taking out the cup now?? Unless of course Western irelands have their own myspace site :wink:
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby schimma » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:04 am

Swooper16 wrote:
schimma wrote:
Swooper16 wrote:Bugger. Was hoping Onka's would do the business they've fallen away big time since the X-mas break!.

think footy training and injuries have taken there toll, still have a solid list. massive upset with Na Fiana knocking them off.

I'm hoping Footy training doesnt take its toll on St Brendans on Sunday. THink half the team have a footy training day this Sunday. maybe not the best prep for a must win game.

You boys would have to be pretty confident of taking out the cup now?? Unless of course Western irelands have their own myspace site :wink:

well as far as i no we dont. but you guys and onkas are still in the mix. Chris carey overseas has put the fighting Irish out of contention
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Speccy02 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Perhaps Swooper and Schimma should exchange e-mail adresses, seems like it would be much easier...
Speccy02
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Cheese Twisties » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:39 am

Who took the jam out of your donut Speccy02?

Think the Saints could struggle come Sunday night, with St Brendan's talisman Huebs out with injury, majority at footy training Sunday morning, and the fact the time table* and banishing of the Titans means we havent even played a game since 18 January (our new recruits wont even remember the rules) we will be up against it!

When are the State games that SA are hosting this year? Id like to head down and have a look.

*please note i am not questioning the league or their time table and do not have a Myspace site :-)
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Swooper16 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:19 am

Fair call Twisties. I assumed we were within our rights to discuss the current Gaelic season in the actual Gaelic thread.

Saints will definately be battling the odds on sunday. Fingers crossed that Irelands decide to rest some key players with finals around the corner.....
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Postby schimma » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:22 am

Cheese Twisties wrote:Who took the jam out of your donut Speccy02?

Think the Saints could struggle come Sunday night, with St Brendan's talisman Huebs out with injury, majority at footy training Sunday morning, and the fact the time table* and banishing of the Titans means we havent even played a game since 18 January (our new recruits wont even remember the rules) we will be up against it!

When are the State games that SA are hosting this year? Id like to head down and have a look.

*please note i am not questioning the league or their time table and do not have a Myspace site :-)

if saints win this week they can knock onkas out of the finals.

Think the state carnival is normally in october. dont no where it will be held at this stage.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby Cheese Twisties » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Cheers for that post Scouser, and yep good work to Shenanigans, i remember playing 9aside against them a few years back with St Brendans good to see them pick up some silverware. Better yet hopefully they do join the State league, the more teams the merrier especially with Titans out.

I wonder if the bulk of the Titans will form a new club or spread out amongst the already exisiting clubs? Some dam good players in there...
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby schimma » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:Cheers for that post Scouser, and yep good work to Shenanigans, i remember playing 9aside against them a few years back with St Brendans good to see them pick up some silverware. Better yet hopefully they do join the State league, the more teams the merrier especially with Titans out.

I wonder if the bulk of the Titans will form a new club or spread out amongst the already exisiting clubs? Some dam good players in there...

have to agree. dont no if we are resting players this week as we still have 3 or injured players. hence we only had bare 9 for the 9 a side grand final. and only the bare 13 last week against irish.
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby Scouser » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:55 am

having spoken to Norm, the league don't want the playing group of Titans to form another team - it seems a bit iffy considering a number would invariably choose to want to play together, and they said that they are allowed to form a different team as long as that group of players don't play together again. But how many players from the team will be the limit? From what I can tell, there are no exact numbers given so what constitutes the playing group?

It'd be good for some of the new guys from 9-a-side to come out and try out for the state teams. I know there were two really good players from North Adelaide playing for Shenanigans, so they obviously wouldn't be able to come out with their club commitments, but there were some very talented players scattered across the 'non-gaelic' teams.
Scouser

Postby schimma » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:48 am

Scouser wrote:having spoken to Norm, the league don't want the playing group of Titans to form another team - it seems a bit iffy considering a number would invariably choose to want to play together, and they said that they are allowed to form a different team as long as that group of players don't play together again. But how many players from the team will be the limit? From what I can tell, there are no exact numbers given so what constitutes the playing group?

It'd be good for some of the new guys from 9-a-side to come out and try out for the state teams. I know there were two really good players from North Adelaide playing for Shenanigans, so they obviously wouldn't be able to come out with their club commitments, but there were some very talented players scattered across the 'non-gaelic' teams.

could not agree more with those comments. Hopefully some 9 a side teams step up and play state league and try out for the state side.
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby schimma » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:07 am

so what happened to the saints on sunday after the first 10min they were all dead on there feet. heard they had footy training before hand. what clubs train on a sunday?????
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby Swooper16 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:09 pm

About 7 or 8 players had to run through a gorge that morning for footy training. Took on average about 3 and a half hours. Needless to say the enthusiasm levels for gaelic that afternoon were not as high as they could have been and the fact we had no subs also may have contributed to a less then sufficent performance after about the 5 minute mark!!

Good luck to Western irelands tho (not that i think they will need it) Play the game in the right spirit and deserve to win the cup.

Hopefully the taints can get their act together a bit better next season.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Postby schimma » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:26 pm

Disapointing in that fact as you can tell you have a good side. Just had no legs. Thanks for the wishes we think onkas and irish are solid sides and can take it up to anyone. Well done on a lot better year and i agree hope you guys can continue the climb up the ladder next season.
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby Swooper16 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:51 pm

any results from the hybrid game on the weekend Schimma?
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Postby schimma » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:46 pm

Swooper16 wrote:any results from the hybrid game on the weekend Schimma?

We beat Irish Aussies 4:18 to 0:4 then Na Fiana beat Onkas by 2. was a great game to watch that went down to the wire. Well do to Na Fiana they wanted it bad.

Western Ireland girls got Knocked out of the play offs by Onkas.
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby Scouser » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:03 pm

Schimma - you going to the presentation night tonight?
Scouser

Postby schimma » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:12 pm

Scouser wrote:Schimma - you going to the presentation night tonight?

yep they are always good nights. The irish can drink with the best of them.
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby schimma » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:21 am

from the website

Upcoming Events: STATE LEAGUE GRAND FINALS: This Sunday 9th March 2008 at St Marys Park. Women's Football, 3.30pm**: Irish Blues Vs Na Fianna; and Men's Football, 5.30pm: Western Ireland Vs Na Fianna

**Tues 4 March: With a predicted temperature of 39° for Sunday, the Women's Grand Final may be moved to a later time. The Men's Grand Final time will not change. A decision will be made tomorrow morning Wed 5 March.

should be a great day for the irish community.
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby Swooper16 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:18 am

reckon i will be down there for a look. But would be very surprised if Na Fianna got within 12-15 points of you boys. Sportsbet taking money on this game.....reckon i would put $20 on Kenny getting sent off for Na Fianna.

How was friday night? Were the titans players ineligible for team of the year? Any St Brendans players get nominated?
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Postby schimma » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:21 am

Swooper16 wrote:reckon i will be down there for a look. But would be very surprised if Na Fianna got within 12-15 points of you boys. Sportsbet taking money on this game.....reckon i would put $20 on Kenny getting sent off for Na Fianna.

How was friday night? Were the titans players ineligible for team of the year? Any St Brendans players get nominated?

was a good night. no titian boys made the team, and for saints i dont remember that much i do no you had at least 3 lads up for nomination thou.

should be a good game as Na Fiana got a feeling it is going to be a close one.
schimma
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports