PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Re: MMA - UFC, Strikeforce, etc.

Postby Robran » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:50 pm

Well cut my tits off with the back of a spoon did that just happen, rowdy just never looked focused at all holy is one tough biatch.. I'm still in shock
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:21 pm

Robran wrote:Well cut my tits off with the back of a spoon did that just happen, rowdy just never looked focused at all holy is one tough biatch.. I'm still in shock

Got the living suitcases belted out of her
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Q. » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Can't wait for the rematch!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:37 pm

How sweet it is.

- behaved like a c@nt the entire TUF season you coached
- didn't shake hands after beating Tait
- constantly claiming you will retire undefeated as the greatest of all time
- regularly trash talking opponents after you defeat them
- storming Holly then losing it when she sticks up for herself at weigh in
- not touching gloves

B@tch got exactly what she deserved. Happy to admit she was a great champion in the ring but is an average human from what I have seen. Glad the Karma bus got a hold of her today. Enjoy your headache and learn some humility.

Congrats to Holly Holm on a flawless performance smashing Rousey in every department. She was simply awesome. No doubt there will be a rematch probably at UFC 200. It reminds me of Anderson Silva taunting Weidmann and getting KTFO and everyone said he would definitely win the rematch but it's a long way back from an ass kicking like that.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Q. » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:49 pm

It's all bravado and showmanship to sell PPVs. Rousey comes across as a fantastic person in her interviews away from octagon.
Q.
Coach

Postby Mic » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Was at the show and it was awesome, the crowd went nuts! Just got a photo with Robert Whittaker at the Crown too. The weigh-ins, Q&As and fan access area yesterday were all really well done.

Rousey was behaving strangely at the weigh-ins and also at today's 'referee's instructions', especially when there was no beef/issue between the 2. Holly was incredibly calm through it all, and never looked like losing.

Etihad was far from sold out, but we still broke the UFC attendance record.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:09 pm

Q. wrote:It's all bravado and showmanship to sell PPVs. Rousey comes across as a fantastic person in her interviews away from octagon.

Refusing Miesha Tates handshake after already having broke her arm in the first fight and nearly breaking it in the second is the true reflection of the person she is. That had nothing to do with bravado and was a true show of the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen. The PPV is over at that point. That's straight out being a terrible human. Holly Holm did something RR would never have done and showed concern for her felled opponent.

Not sure what you would expect from someone on about 10K an appearance in outside interviews. She would have a media manager and training on how and what to say. Put the girl under any pressure and you see the real average person come out.

Again not taking anything away from her athletic ability but if you choose to tell the world you are the greatest and will retire undefeated it's very Mundineish and you will always get what you deserve.

The greatest part of this whole thing is hearing that her trainer who is a biggest piece of shit in MMA is going bankrupt and doesn't have his golden ticket to hide behind.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:05 pm

Mic wrote:Was at the show and it was awesome, the crowd went nuts! Just got a photo with Robert Whittaker at the Crown too. The weigh-ins, Q&As and fan access area yesterday were all really well done.

Rousey was behaving strangely at the weigh-ins and also at today's 'referee's instructions', especially when there was no beef/issue between the 2. Holly was incredibly calm through it all, and never looked like losing.

Lucky bastard!

How much were the tickets? Did you drive over? What was the cost of the weekend?

I'm looking at heading to Brisbane next year depending on the card.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Mic » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:57 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Mic wrote:Was at the show and it was awesome, the crowd went nuts! Just got a photo with Robert Whittaker at the Crown too. The weigh-ins, Q&As and fan access area yesterday were all really well done.

Lucky bastard!

How much were the tickets? Did you drive over? What was the cost of the weekend?

Tickets were very expensive, which might explain why it wasn't sold out. Mine was $285 (plus all the extra booking fees) from memory, for a seat on the first raised level. I had a great view though.

I took 2 days long-service-leave for Friday and today, and with the wife (who shopped while I was at all the UFC events on the Sat & Sun. This added to the cost! We flew over.

I won't be going to the Brisbane show (which is a Fight Night show, but is being shown on Fox so it will be better, on paper, than the Fight Pass Fight Night events), espcially after being front row in Adelaide in May and then this weekend.
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:21 pm

Mic wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Lucky bastard!

Tickets were very expensive, which might explain why it wasn't sold out. Mine was $285 (plus all the extra booking fees) from memory, for a seat on the first raised level. I had a great view though.

I took 2 days long-service-leave for Friday and today, and with the wife (who shopped while I was at all the UFC events on the Sat & Sun. This added to the cost! We flew over.

I won't be going to the Brisbane show (which is a Fight Night show, but is being shown on Fox so it will be better, on paper, than the Fight Pass Fight Night events), espcially after being front row in Adelaide in May and then this weekend.

Yeah I couldn't justify $600 for the 2 plus maybe $800 for flights and then accomodation and expenses for us when the Mrs has little to no interest. Especially as it's been shown on Fox.

We will save our outlandish overspending for Wrestlemania when the kids are a bit older.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:10 pm

From Fox Sports...

WITH her wild approach badly missing the mark, Ronda Rousey looked a woman in need of sound technical and tactical advice after the first round against Holly Holm. Instead she got praise and encouragement.

Less than a minute later, Rousey was on the canvas with her unbeaten UFC record in tatters and now many are pointing the finger at coach Edmond Tarverdyan for his role in the former champ’s shock knockout in UFC193 in Melbourne on Sunday.

Clearly rocked and bleeding from the mouth after Holm’s first-round display of astute movement and powerful counterpunching, Rousey was complimented by Tarverdyan for her “beautiful work” in front of a packed Etihad Stadium.

^^^This is the guy that would mad dog everyone on TUF and then when I think it was Brian Stam stood up to him he cowered like a bitch. He is nothing more than a glorified bag holder who has ridden RR's coat tails to the top. Got found out big time on the weekend. He also seemed to be the catalyst to a lot of her shithouse behaviour on the show.

I got to wonder if Ronda still thinks she could beat men now or if perhaps her competition wasn't quite at the level it was assumed it was at. You look back at her last two fights and Cat Zingano clearly just made a huge error both technically and tactically and that Brazillian Bethe Whatsherface seemed clearly not right in the head and lost a quick little rock em sock em robot battle. I think she was made to look unbeatable by two people who came in with crap game plans.

Hopefully she dumps her douchenag corner man and comes back with some respect for Holly and we get to see a classic rematch. I doubt she will be running over to her at the weigh ins and behaving like f*cktard and im tipping she may just touch gloves as well.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:50 pm

wristwatcher wrote:How sweet it is.

- behaved like a c@nt the entire TUF season you coached
- didn't shake hands after beating Tait
- constantly claiming you will retire undefeated as the greatest of all time
- regularly trash talking opponents after you defeat them
- storming Holly then losing it when she sticks up for herself at weigh in
- not touching gloves

B@tch got exactly what she deserved. Happy to admit she was a great champion in the ring but is an average human from what I have seen. Glad the Karma bus got a hold of her today. Enjoy your headache and learn some humility.

Congrats to Holly Holm on a flawless performance smashing Rousey in every department. She was simply awesome. No doubt there will be a rematch probably at UFC 200. It reminds me of Anderson Silva taunting Weidmann and getting KTFO and everyone said he would definitely win the rematch but it's a long way back from an ass kicking like that.

I couldn't agree more. I've tried really hard to like Rousey and out of the ring, she seems quite likeable, but ultimately I just can't like her when you have such ring savvy people like Tait and Holm doing their stuff with decorum and honour.

Holm absolutely dismantled her for 6 minutes.

So as far as I'm concerned, Rousey will appear on knock out highlight reels for eternity. And I'll enjoy it.

I watched UFC193 tonight and even knowing the result, I got goosebumps watching Holm winning. Fantastic for the sport IMO.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:43 pm

Rousey never really looked to take the fight to the ground. That will be the most notable tactical change in the rematch.
Q.
Coach

Postby Mic » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:03 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Mic wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Lucky bastard!

Yeah I couldn't justify $600 for the 2 plus maybe $800 for flights and then accomodation and expenses for us when the Mrs has little to no interest. Especially as it's been shown on Fox.

We will save our outlandish overspending for Wrestlemania when the kids are a bit older.

Attending a Wrestlemania is a must for any pro wrestling fan. Did it in 2008 and it was awesome.
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:22 pm

It just keeps getting better and better.

(ESPN) – In possibly the biggest upset in UFC history, Holly Holm has knocked out Ronda Rousey, for the woman who claimed to be the best fighter in the whole world, things just got worse. After being hospitalized after the fight, she tested positive for PED's.

The shocking news has ended Rousey's "super human" image. Her head coach stated that Ronda only takes legal supplements that boost testosterone and burn fat.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby test » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:33 pm

What a train wreck.
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:37 pm

Most fat burners have stimulants that are banned in-competition. She done goofed.
Q.
Coach

Postby Mic » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:26 pm

wristwatcher wrote:It just keeps getting better and better.

(ESPN) – In possibly the biggest upset in UFC history, Holly Holm has knocked out Ronda Rousey, for the woman who claimed to be the best fighter in the whole world, things just got worse. After being hospitalized after the fight, she tested positive for PED's.

The shocking news has ended Rousey's "super human" image. Her head coach stated that Ronda only takes legal supplements that boost testosterone and burn fat.

I can't find this news (which I find hard to believe) anywhere online.
Mic
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports