Pro Wrestling Talk

Any other sports

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Postby BZB27 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:05 am

Ive jumped onto AEW big time and cant wait for Double or Nothing to start on may 25th.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:49 pm

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:43 am

Luke Harper has requested his release from WWE. I really rate, real shame he never got the opportunity I feel he deserves

https://cultaholic.com/news/luke-harper ... epEspE9yAQ
Last edited by woodublieve12 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:45 am

Ups and down from Raws superstar shakeup

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Mic » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:57 pm

My Wrestlemania thoughts:
-Am currently watching the tremendous NXT Takeover show. These are becoming more of a highlight than the WWE PPVs.
-Bret getting attacked at the Hall of Fame ceremony was horrible. With his health issues that could have gone a lot worse. Poor Bret just can't catch a break
-The Mania stage, which is usually a highlight, was really bland. After getting the same set-up for Raw, Smackdown and almost every PPV, the best they could come up with was a huge screen?
-Hogan made fun of himself for saying the wrong stadium name in his Mania 30 promo. He actually got it a bit wrong this year, saying Metlife Centre instead of Stadium.
-Heyman coming out and getting the title match happening straight away was good, making an interesting way to start the show. With the weak build up, it kind of made sense to run it early in the show. I don't think Rollins winning with a low-blow did him any favours though (although it did set up an eventual rematch).
-AJ vs Orton was fine. The huge pop from the crowd was apparently from the production crew turning off the blinding lights that made it impossible to look at the ring for many fans.
-For a 4-way tag, the tag-title match was good. 14 months ago Nakamura won the Rumble! Ricochet was a stand out, as he normally is.
-Miz vs Shane was done well (I don't recall that type of match with it going into the crowd happening at many Wrestlemanias). That is until the ending; it made no sense that Miz would do a suplex from that height (and the fall looked very weak on a heavily padded surface when the replay was shown).
-The women's tag match was a mess, and on a ridiculously long show it could have been left off. The Aussie girls, who did almost nothing all match, winning the titles made little sense. It sounds like Sasha Banks agrees.
-Kofi vs Bryan was easily match of the night. It didn't seem like this feud was a long-term plan at the start of the year, especially with the way it was booked in the weeks prior with Vince setting up a gauntlet match, and then another one the following week for no reason, was stupid. But despite WWE's efforts to stuff it up, the story told went down a treat. Daniel Bryan was definitely the MVP of the show. He should get some good heat if/when he wins the title back.
-I liked the way Samoa Joe was booked to look like a bad-ass. but a shame it had to be against Rey Mysterio, who deserves better than a 1-minute squash.
-Reigns vs McIntyre was ok. I thought Reigns coming back would have been a good time to freshen up his look, change his entrance song, introduce some new move-sets etc, but no, still the same thing after quite a few years. He'll be back to being heavily pushed (and "boo"ed by crowds) in no time.
-The build-up to HHH vs Batista made no sense, with Batista attacking Flair (who he has always talked up/respected) just to get a match with HHH (who he beat every time he faced during their feud a whopping 14 years ago). No surprise it was again HHH's match that was the longest on the show, and like his recent singles Wrestlemania matches it was boring and twice as long as it needed to be. A shame he didn't lose and have to retire (not that anyone thought he would) and just stick to booking great NXT shows.
-I was convinced Undertaker would 'walk with Elias' on the show - a huge shock that he didn't appear. Old-school Cena was a pleasant surprise, was great to see him come out not being all smiley and goofy.
-I hated everything about Kurt's retirement match against f'n Brian Corbin.
-Demon Balor winning the IC title was fine, but WWE don't seem to know what they want to do with Finn. He was far better as a heel in Japan - might be time to give that a go.
-The build-up to the main event was a couple months of mess, but the girls definitely should still have been the main event. Their entrances were cool. Being a 3-way was going to make it difficult to have a classic, as was the tired crowd (apparently it was after midnight when the match started!). Becky didn't really shine in the match like she should have, and the horribly booked & executed ending ruined it a fair bit, but it was certainly not from a lack of effort. A Rousey vs Lynch match would be huge and could headline next year's show (especially considering that there are not many men's match-ups that could at this stage).
-7/10 overall for me for this year's show. It kept me awake on what was a very late night watching it all after work.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Mic » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:24 pm

Battle Championship Wrestling are running a show in Adelaide next weekend, called Luchadores Downunderground. Has a good line-up, including Chavo Guerrero and Ken Shamrock.

http://battlechampionshipwrestling.com.au
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:58 am

Ups and Downs

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Mic » Wed May 01, 2019 10:53 pm

The post-Mania slow season has certainly kicked in!
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:17 am

Mic wrote:The post-Mania slow season has certainly kicked in!

that started the night after mania... The post mania show was pretty bland in comparison.
And the shake up has been a mess...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby BZB27 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:43 am

Anyone watch AEW first show Double or Nothing? Had some awesome matches
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:18 am

BZB27 wrote:Anyone watch AEW first show Double or Nothing? Had some awesome matches

just followed it through twitter and other outlets... Sounded amazing.
The Rhodes match especially. Cody's entrance has people talking...

People have been screaming for an alternative to wwe, i think they found it.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby BZB27 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:14 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
BZB27 wrote:Anyone watch AEW first show Double or Nothing? Had some awesome matches

just followed it through twitter and other outlets... Sounded amazing.
The Rhodes match especially. Cody's entrance has people talking...

People have been screaming for an alternative to wwe, i think they found it.

Yeah shots fired Triple H way lol

Dustin vs Cody and the young bucks v Lucha Bros were the best 2 matches then Moxley coming out at the end of Jericho Omega got a massive pop.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:01 am

Anyone watch NXT 25???? What an amazing product... Some great matches on there, but the Gargano vs Cole match was incredible. I even knew the result before i watched it and it had me hooked...Let HHH take over the main brand.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:41 am

AEW starts today and NXT goes live on Network tv...

On Friday Smackdown premiers on Fox...

Massive week for the industry
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:33 am

Both shows seemed to be really good... But regardless of ratings NXT was the better show, Balor and Ciampa returning certainly was bigger than Jack Swagger :lol:
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:40 am

Don’t watch wrestling anymore but had to check out the ending to Hiac to see how bad it was, it was bad, real bad.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:29 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Don’t watch wrestling anymore but had to check out the ending to Hiac to see how bad it was, it was bad, real bad.

That was an absolute mess!!!! I can't think of a worse end to a ppv!!!
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Mic » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:06 am

Anyone excited for Wrestlemania this year?
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:03 pm

Not a bad first day of mania...

Highlights for me was the Bryan vs Zayn match. So good...

Loved the Boneyard match... So good
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Pag » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:58 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Not a bad first day of mania...

Highlights for me was the Bryan vs Zayn match. So good...

Loved the Boneyard match... So good

Wyatt/Cena today outdid the boneyard match IMO. Unbelievably good stortytelling. Well done to Cena for diving into it full-on, Wyatt even 'took-over' his Instagram during it.

Orton v Edge was tops as well, maybe a bit long, but a great story too.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports