Pro Wrestling Talk

Any other sports

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Bray Wyatt the new wwe champion.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Mickyj » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:22 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Bray Wyatt the new wwe champion.

My house cheered when bland boring Cena got pinned
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:28 pm

Mickyj wrote:

I am happy he won it! But how can you say Cena is bland and boring he has been part of possibly some of the best matches recently. I can't recall the last bad one. He's getting better with age!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Mic » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:31 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

I am happy he won it! But how can you say Cena is bland and boring he has been part of possibly some of the best matches recently. I can't recall the last bad one. He's getting better with age!

I think his opponents deserve the credit for this more than Cena does.

Looks like Wrestlemania might be looking something like:
Wyatt vs Orton
Owens vs Jericho
Lesnar vs Goldberg
HHH vs Rollins (if Seth recovers in time)
Big Show vs Shaq
Reigns vs Undertaker
Bayley vs Charlotte vs Banks vs Jax
Cena & Bella vs The Miz & Maryse
Andre the Giant Battle Royal
Intercontinental title ladder match

I would think AJ and Balor would have a match on the card too, maybe against each other in Raw vs S/D match.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Mic » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Mic wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

I think his opponents deserve the credit for this more than Cena does.

Looks like Wrestlemania might be looking something like:
Wyatt vs Orton
Owens vs Jericho
Lesnar vs Goldberg
HHH vs Rollins (if Seth recovers in time)
Big Show vs Shaq
Reigns vs Undertaker
Bayley vs Charlotte vs Banks vs Jax
Cena & Bella vs The Miz & Maryse
Andre the Giant Battle Royal
Intercontinental title ladder match

I would think AJ and Balor would have a match on the card too, maybe against each other in Raw vs S/D match.

Actually, Joe vs Balor and Shane McMahon vs AJ Styles are rumoured match ups.
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:03 pm

This years Mania will take a big steaming pile of Reigns all over last years Mania.

Card looks good and still plenty of potential for a few surprises.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:17 am

wristwatcher wrote:This years Mania will take a big steaming pile of Reigns all over last years Mania.

Yeah mania is looking pretty good. The orton vs bray feud looks good, but I feel they rushed it on smack down this week... it was awesome too
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Insert comic book guy from the Simpsons "Worst PPV ever"

A 21 second main event piece of crap and a big FU to the people who pay the money to watch the product.

I have spent my last cent on the WWE unless they miraculously undo this travesty. Not sure how they can.

A 50 year washed up hack with limited skill set will now headline Mania against another guy who wrestles maybe 5 matches a year. It's a gimmick match and it didn't need the strap. Fair chance one of them will get injured and the whole thing could be a flop.

Whilst we are destroying and burying our talent let's have our two monster heels we have built for half a year job and lose clean the PPV before Mania.

Vince you really are the sh$ts :oops: :evil:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:48 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:This years Mania will take a big steaming pile of Reigns all over last years Mania.

Yeah mania is looking pretty good. The orton vs bray feud looks good, but I feel they rushed it on smack down this week... it was awesome too

Someone said to me today that Mania could be >5 hours.

Surely too long. Particularly when 4 of the main 5 matches each match contains a worker who is yet to work a full singles match in 2017
Oldberg
Taker
H3
Shane

KO v Jericho I have no doubt will steal the show
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Cash 123 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:41 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Insert comic book guy from the Simpsons "Worst PPV ever"

A 21 second main event piece of crap and a big FU to the people who pay the money to watch the product.

I have spent my last cent on the WWE unless they miraculously undo this travesty. Not sure how they can.

A 50 year washed up hack with limited skill set will now headline Mania against another guy who wrestles maybe 5 matches a year. It's a gimmick match and it didn't need the strap. Fair chance one of them will get injured and the whole thing could be a flop.

Whilst we are destroying and burying our talent let's have our two monster heels we have built for half a year job and lose clean the PPV before Mania.

GOLDBERG GOLDBERG GOLDBERG
Cash 123
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Cash 123 wrote:

GOLDBERG GOLDBERG GOLDBERG

That chant took longer than one of his one dimensional matches :lol:

Cash man always pushing my buttons :D
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Mic » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:54 am

What makes it even worse is that many of those "Goldberg" chants are coming from the PA system, not the crowd. If only WWE spent less effort on their audio tampering with guys like Goldberg, Cena and Reigns and more on their booking!

Assuming Goldberg vs Lesnar is the main event, it would mean that the headliner is a match between a guy who has had 3 matches in about 10 years (and appears blown up as soon as his entrance is finished), against a guy who has had 3 matches in the past year (most of which have last under 3 minutes). Not good.

The rest of the (rumoured 6 & a half hours long ) card looks fine. Hopefully, the show will produce the goods, will be watching as soon as I get home from work on Monday!
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Mic wrote:

What makes it even worse is that many of those "Goldberg" chants are coming from the PA system, not the crowd. If only WWE spent less effort on their audio tampering with guys like Goldberg, Cena and Reigns and more on their booking!

Assuming Goldberg vs Lesnar is the main event, it would mean that the headliner is a match between a guy who has had 3 matches in about 10 years (and appears blown up as soon as his entrance is finished), against a guy who has had 3 matches in the past year (most of which have last under 3 minutes). Not good.

The rest of the (rumoured 6 & a half hours long ) card looks fine. Hopefully, the show will produce the goods, will be watching as soon as I get home from work on Monday!

If someone posts the card post Smackdown I would mind having a crack at the results. Feels predictable to me but time will tell
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:55 am

The other night I watched the first hbk vs undertaker match at WM25. It was a masterpiece.

Also if someone is looking for a good YouTube wrestling channel get on whatculture. Really good stuff on there
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Mic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:12 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:The other night I watched the first hbk vs undertaker match at WM25. It was a masterpiece.

Also if someone is looking for a good YouTube wrestling channel get on whatculture. Really good stuff on there

Definitely one of the top 5 best matches in Wrestlemania history.
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:24 pm

Mic wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:The other night I watched the first hbk vs undertaker match at WM25. It was a masterpiece.

Definitely one of the top 5 best matches in Wrestlemania history.

Steamboat v Savage at 3 still the best of the lot. I would have watched that match over 100 times in the last 30 years.

Throw in Gorilla and Jesse on commentary, Elizabeth, George the Animal and the amazing ring announcing of the Fink in front of 93K after the sun went down it truly was the GOAT Mania match.

Interesting to hear The Dragons take on it. He said he enjoyed some of his classics with Flair more as they would just call it instinctively and work the hour. Savage actually flew Steamboat out to Sarasota to practice and train together preparing for the match and was meticulous in putting the match together. He was OCD before it was a thing as he knew doing the job would propel him to super stardom. How right he was.

If you look at Machos early work he really was the original Mr. Wrestle mania always putting on amazing performances. 5 v Hogan, 7 v Warrior and 8 v Flair where all excellent.

In horrific news Taker is out to $4 to win at Mania. I will be disgusted if Reigns pins him with his little footy tackle.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Cash 123 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:21 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Mic wrote:

If someone posts the card post Smackdown I would mind having a crack at the results. Feels predictable to me but time will tell

Well we all know the only 2 matches anyone cares about so lets start with them;

Goldberg v Lesnar - will go down in history as 2 icons face off for the title; lesnar to win

John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse; what a fued this has been very riveting viewing on smackdown in weeks gone bye. Cena to win but he wont propose to nikki
Cash 123
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time

Postby helicopterking » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:17 am

Very good match between Styles and Shane O
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby helicopterking » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:34 am

Late entry for Tag Team ladder match
Hardy Boys
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Robran » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:00 pm

Cena vs miz dead set waste of time should have been on pre show.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports