MLB 2009

Any other sports

MLB 2009

Postby schimma » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Who are the early favourites for the year.

my predictions

playoff teams from American league

Boston
Yankees
Oakland
Cleveland

for national league

phillies
mets
cubs
dodgers
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: MLB 2009

Postby Bully » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:53 pm

schimma wrote:Who are the early favourites for the year.

my predictions

Boston
Yankees
Oakland
Cleveland

for national league

phillies
mets
cubs
dodgers

being a Yankees fan i want them to wwin it and dont wat to see Boston there. But agreed with most here. But think the Giants will get something this year.

Predict a Giants VS METS world series
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby schimma » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Bulldog wrote:
schimma wrote:Who are the early favourites for the year.

my predictions

Boston
Yankees
Oakland
Cleveland

for national league

phillies
mets
cubs
dodgers

being a Yankees fan i want them to wwin it and dont wat to see Boston there. But agreed with most here. But think the Giants will get something this year.

Predict a Giants VS METS world series

You mean yankees vs Giants

Giants /mets are in the same division. i cant see the giants doing that well this year. solid pitching but and average (at best) hitting line up.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby Bully » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:40 pm

yes just realised i typed mets instead of yankees :roll: .

Just believe its thier turn this season . Know one predicted thee phillies to do anything last season and look what happened.
Bully
Coach

Postby haloman » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:34 am

Think Oakland are a huge chance do do good things this year.......... and unfortunatly agree that the Yankees wont have two bad seasons in a row. Think it will be a battle between Boston and Tampa for the widlcard in the American League with Boston on top if they can all stay healthy. Phillies will be there abouts again and the Cubs are shoe ins to win their division......then choke. I gather you are an Indians fan schimma........ But I wouldn't write off the Brewers, even without Sabathia. All in all I reckon your pritty much spot on. I'd like to see Tampa back it up......but can't see it happening. Don't rate the Giants at all.........can't score. My smokies are Washington. Good power hitting pick up in Dunn and pitching improving....albeit with a rubbish middle relieving bull pen. Will be interesting to see how the Braves go early in the year........and weather or not they have found any support for Chipper in the batting line up. I think their opening day encounter is against the Phillies and it's getting shown on ESPN. Bring it on!! Forget about the Mets in the play offs. I think they'll sneak in but there are too many holes in their pitching to be fixed in one season.
Choco Williams Lives!!! We have seen the REVOLUTION come and go. You have "LIVED THE CREED". All you Power people are now gonna have to "KEEP THE FAITH". Slogan for 2010-11 PAFC.....or is it PAPFC.......I never get it right.
haloman
Under 18s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Bully » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 pm

yeah the cubs will do well.......just like every other year ;)
Bully
Coach

Postby schimma » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:12 am

Bulldog wrote:yeah the cubs will do well.......just like every other year ;)

but the do have a juiced up batting and pitching line up. So did Detroit last year and that got then no where. As a sleepy look out for seattle with the kid back there to finish his hall of fame career they could suprise a few along with Arizona, best pitching rotation in Baseball.
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby Bully » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:58 pm

not much talk on the marlins from anyone, even the comentators on ESPN Sunday night baseball that i watched. Or tho its only the first week, but watched ESPN sports news and they went on about just about every other team but not florida
Bully
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Im an A's fan, great win in the top of the 9th today, already been some dramatic wins so early in the season

How good is mlb.com you can see highlights of a game within minutes of the action actually happening :D
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3562 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:09 am

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3562 times

Postby Bully » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:13 pm

yeah heard of a young pitcher for the california angels go killed in a car crash this morning thanks to a drunk driver. sad day for that baseball club, he only pitched for the california angels the night before. very sad :(
Bully
Coach

Postby JAS » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Go Cardinals [-o< ;) :d

Regards
JAS
You can't be a pirate if you don't have a beard. I said so. MY boat, MY rules.

We haven't got a plank. Just ******* jump

Trust no one The truth is everyone is going to let you down you eventually
JAS
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:04 pm

Bulldog wrote:yeah heard of a young pitcher for the california angels go killed in a car crash this morning thanks to a drunk driver. sad day for that baseball club, he only pitched for the california angels the night before. very sad :(

The Angels are my fantasy pitching team and they held high hopes for the lad. Very very sad indeed.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby haloman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:42 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Bulldog wrote:yeah heard of a young pitcher for the california angels go killed in a car crash this morning thanks to a drunk driver. sad day for that baseball club, he only pitched for the california angels the night before. very sad :(

The Angels are my fantasy pitching team and they held high hopes for the lad. Very very sad indeed.

Watched that game on Fox and he looked the goods. I think he was only 21 as well. The report metioned something about the driver of the van that hit him fleeing the scene and being drunk.......allegedly anyway. RIP and goodluck to the Angels for the rest of the season.
Choco Williams Lives!!! We have seen the REVOLUTION come and go. You have "LIVED THE CREED". All you Power people are now gonna have to "KEEP THE FAITH". Slogan for 2010-11 PAFC.....or is it PAPFC.......I never get it right.
haloman
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Strawb » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Redsox to win the World Series
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:19 am

How about the Indians beating the Yankee's 22-4 in the Yankee's ballpark that included by Cleveland 6 home runs, 25 safe hits and a 14 run second inning.
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Bully » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:43 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:How about the Indians beating the Yankee's 22-4 in the Yankee's ballpark that included by Cleveland 6 home runs, 25 safe hits and a 14 run second inning.

yes nearly fell over when i turned it over to to see that score line. :shock:
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun May 24, 2009 8:47 pm

nice come from behind win for the yankees against phillies at home this morning. Great to see A Rod at his best.
Bully
Coach

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Thu May 28, 2009 1:34 am

Joe Torre's Dodgers - with off season addition Manny Ramirez - are the early season standouts with a 32-15 record, which would come to 110-52 for a whole season if they were to keep it up.

Like the Milwaukee Brewers with the big bats of Prince Fielder, Ryan Braun, Mark Cameron and Corey Hart and veteran save expert Trevor Hoffman.

The Kansas City Royal's 25 year old pitcher Zack Greinke is the standout pitcher of the year so far. He started the year with a 34-45 career win/loss record and an ERA over 4 but this year he's 8-1 with the amazing ERA of 0.84. He must be a hard worker because he had already signed a 4 year contract extension in the offseason so the extra security hasn't stopped him from working.
Look for Greinke to be playing for the Yankees, Redsox, Dodgers, Indians or Mets in a few years time :lol:
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby schimma » Thu May 28, 2009 8:47 am

ORDoubleBlues wrote:Joe Torre's Dodgers - with off season addition Manny Ramirez - are the early season standouts with a 32-15 record, which would come to 110-52 for a whole season if they were to keep it up.

Like the Milwaukee Brewers with the big bats of Prince Fielder, Ryan Braun, Mark Cameron and Corey Hart and veteran save expert Trevor Hoffman.

The Kansas City Royal's 25 year old pitcher Zack Greinke is the standout pitcher of the year so far. He started the year with a 34-45 career win/loss record and an ERA over 4 but this year he's 8-1 with the amazing ERA of 0.84. He must be a hard worker because he had already signed a 4 year contract extension in the offseason so the extra security hasn't stopped him from working.
Look for Greinke to be playing for the Yankees, Redsox, Dodgers, Indians or Mets in a few years time :lol:

why indians, the tribe are like the twins 1 of the least big spenders in the league. They have bugga all money.
schimma
League - Best 21

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports