2010 V8 Supercar Championship

Any other sports

2010 V8 Supercar Championship

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Looks like Ford has done an about face and renewed its financial backing of Jim Beam Racing (DJR).

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/motorsport/dick-johnson-back-in-the-ford-fold/story-e6frecuu-1225828847068

First smart move they've made in a long time IMO. Courtney is probably Ford's best shot in 2010 (if he can keep his car on the track!).
"They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head"
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: 2010 V8 Supercar Championship

Postby Thiele » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Starts next weekend
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby MightyEagles » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:35 am

Pink = face of V8s
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:36 am

MightyEagles wrote:Pink = face of V8s

Red = face of Ford executives if Team Vodafone win the 2010 championship
"They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head"
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Postby Bully » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:

not to sure on that one, i love my holdens bout doubt team vodaphone would take it out again. very hard to change manufactorers and keep up that wnning style they had whislt with ford.
Bully
Coach

Been liked: 120 times

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Bulldog wrote:
Cambridge Clarrie wrote:

not to sure on that one, i love my holdens bout doubt team vodaphone would take it out again. very hard to change manufactorers and keep up that wnning style they had whislt with ford.

If it was anyone other than 888 Racing I might agree. Of all teams, they are set up to cope best with a change of vehicle.

I always wanted to see Lowndes win a championship in a Ford. I reckon he might do it this year in a Holden... :evil:
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Id put money on Winterbottom having a good year. If either of the Vodafone drivers do well, Id say it'd be Whincup again. It pained me to see defect to Holden, but it puts Frosty in the best position...because Vodafone would of just kept dominating.

And I find it funny that Skaifes going to drive for Vodafone in the enduro's...He would be the LAST person Id want behind the wheel of my car...he used to be good...but done nothing for a long time (besides take people out doing stupid things) eg. taking his team-mate Todd Kelly out at the finale at Eastern Creek a couple of years ago, at the first corner off the start, when they started 1 - 2, and i cant remember who, but one of them was in title contention...i think it was the year Ingall won.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Bully » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:
Bulldog wrote:
Cambridge Clarrie wrote:

If it was anyone other than 888 Racing I might agree. Of all teams, they are set up to cope best with a change of vehicle.

I always wanted to see Lowndes win a championship in a Ford. I reckon he might do it this year in a Holden... :evil:

doubtful but if he does it will add more to the point that holdens are better then fords. He won a championship for holden before he went to the dark side of the force, won nothing there and now he returns to the good side . if he wins it will prove holdens are a better make then ford. Oh ford wont be racing falcons soon seen as they want to stop making the model altogether :D
Bully
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Thats ok, Im pretty sure the Mustangs will still beat the Holdens.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:52 pm

hackham_hawk_3 wrote:Thats ok, Im pretty sure the Mustangs will still beat the Holdens.

ummm they are replacing the falcon with the ford model Taurus. The worst most hated model in ford, so no they wont introduce mustangs ;) it will be relaced by the taurus or even better, TOYOTAS!!!
Bully
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:10 pm

Bulldog wrote:
hackham_hawk_3 wrote:Thats ok, Im pretty sure the Mustangs will still beat the Holdens.

ummm they are replacing the falcon with the ford model Taurus. The worst most hated model in ford, so no they wont introduce mustangs ;) it will be relaced by the taurus or even better, TOYOTAS!!!

They dont have to replace the V8 Ford with the model that replaces the production of the Falcon. I think they'll put Mustangs in instead. The Taurus wont be a V8 and wont have enough power to compete, so Mustangs are the best choice.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Bully » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:13 pm

hackham_hawk_3 wrote:
Bulldog wrote:

They dont have to replace the V8 Ford with the model that replaces the production of the Falcon. I think they'll put Mustangs in instead. The Taurus wont be a V8 and wont have enough power to compete, so Mustangs are the best choice.

ummm i dont think mustangs would fall into the V8 guidlines. I like mustangs but they would be way to powerful. Think you will find that ford will drop out and toyota will make a entrance.
Bully
Coach

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:11 pm

Bulldog wrote:doubtful but if he does it will add more to the point that holdens are better then fords. He won a championship for holden before he went to the dark side of the force, won nothing there and now he returns to the good side . if he wins it will prove holdens are a better make then ford. Oh ford wont be racing falcons soon seen as they want to stop making the model altogether :D

ummmm, yeah, you're probably right Bulldog... You seem to be very knowledgable... :roll:

Did you see the results of the first race of the season? 888 1-2... :oops:

Fords 7 of the top 11 places... I'd say 888 are a sensational outfit, Ford are stupid for letting them go and so far as V8 Supercars proving which car is better, what a load of rubbish. Based on your theory, Ford have a better car as they've won the last two championships...

Your mighty Holden factory team put in a good performance... :lol: I reckon they're going to look very second rate against the professionalism of 888...
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Postby HH3 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Bulldog wrote:
hackham_hawk_3 wrote:
Bulldog wrote:

ummm i dont think mustangs would fall into the V8 guidlines. I like mustangs but they would be way to powerful. Think you will find that ford will drop out and toyota will make a entrance.

The Falcons are already restricted to make the Holdens more competitive. The rules mean that both engines have to put out almost the exact same power...so teams gain advantages by developing other areas on the cars, eg. brakes, aerodynamics, gearboxes.

...and I find it funny that you say Mustangs would be too fast for the Holdens :D
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Not to mention the huge weight of numbers in Holden's favour too, they should dominate, must be a completely shit product.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Ian » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:06 pm

hackham_hawk_3 wrote:
The Falcons are already restricted to make the Holdens more competitive. The rules mean that both engines have to put out almost the exact same power...so teams gain advantages by developing other areas on the cars, eg. brakes, aerodynamics, gearboxes.

don't see how they could do that with "Control" gearboxes & brakes
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby HH3 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Ian wrote:
hackham_hawk_3 wrote:

don't see how they could do that with "Control" gearboxes & brakes

There are 2 types of gearbox used. Some use a normal gearbox...and some (Whincup) use a sequential gearbox.

And they may use control brakes, but the braking setups are different...combine normal braking and gearbox braking, and all the little adjustments that can be made to both systems, you can gain an advantage, such as shorter braking distances and faster acceleration off the corners...
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:02 am

im not going to come on here and say holdens would be more powerful then mustangs IF they were introduced to the V8 champ. As they would not be.

And as for you saying the falcons have been reduced alot more then the commodores to be more competitive? i think your OVER compensating (dont know if thats the proper word ). I dont go into the depth as you may over the V8 champ with restrictions etc as im a NASCAR fan more so. but both makes would compensate for the other. Not just the fords mate
Bully
Coach

Postby Felch » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:11 am

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:
Bulldog wrote:doubtful but if he does it will add more to the point that holdens are better then fords. He won a championship for holden before he went to the dark side of the force, won nothing there and now he returns to the good side . if he wins it will prove holdens are a better make then ford. Oh ford wont be racing falcons soon seen as they want to stop making the model altogether :D

ummmm, yeah, you're probably right Bulldog... You seem to be very knowledgable... :roll:

Did you see the results of the first race of the season? 888 1-2... :oops:

Fords 7 of the top 11 places... I'd say 888 are a sensational outfit, Ford are stupid for letting them go and so far as V8 Supercars proving which car is better, what a load of rubbish. Based on your theory, Ford have a better car as they've won the last two championships...

Your mighty Holden factory team put in a good performance... :lol: I reckon they're going to look very second rate against the professionalism of 888...

Team Vodaphone's performance on the weekend has just highlighted HRT's inabilities. Whincup is a good driver, but the pressure will be on HRT to step up.
Felch
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby hearts on fire » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:23 am

Surely Holden will win the championship, they have about 100 cars racing compared to Ford's 2.

It's going to be a very boring championship, they need to even up the numbers or even introduce another car name.
~ R.I.P John McCarthy, 19-11-1989 - 9-9-2012 ~
hearts on fire
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports