MLB

Any other sports

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:54 pm

the Braves are starting a 10 game - 10 day road trip starting with the Padres, for those that like a punt, i would suggest to get on Atlanta, you can get +1.5 $1.42 or $1.83 to win.....
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat May 12, 2007 5:15 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the Braves are starting a 10 game - 10 day road trip starting with the Padres, for those that like a punt, i would suggest to get on Atlanta, you can get +1.5 $1.42 or $1.83 to win.....

i hope someone managed to jump on the BRAVES, they won 4 - 1
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Jimmy » Sat May 19, 2007 1:25 am

go indians :)
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat May 19, 2007 10:18 pm

Jimmy wrote:go indians :)

For a NY boy you like the Cleveland teams? :?: :shock:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Jimmy » Mon May 21, 2007 1:05 am

Dutchy wrote:
Jimmy wrote:go indians :)

For a NY boy you like the Cleveland teams? :?: :shock:

wifes from cleveland....been a tribe fan since major league came out in 92 ;)

i like the mets better than the yankees too.

but i like the jets, altho have soft spot for the browns
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Mon May 21, 2007 6:01 pm

You know it's not the Yankee hitting that's letting them down with the top two in the NL for hitting being catcher Jorge Posada and Shortstop Derek Jeter as well Home Run and RBI leader Alex Rodriquez, who is starting to heat up again after somewhat of a mini slump to begin the month of May.
An indication of how things are going for them is about a week ago when one of their bullpen pitchers had his leg broken by a line drive straight back at him that hit him just below the knee and then yet another pitcher only a couple of days ago was forced out in the first inning against the Mets when he couldn't get his pitching hand out of the way on a similar type of hit and appeared to break his hand. Current Yankee pitcher Mike Mussina would know how they feel only too well afte being the victim of one of the nastiest return hits I ever saw back in the mid '90's by the Cleveland Indian catcher at the time Sandy Alomar Jr, that broke Mussina's jaw.
The Milwaukee Brewers would have to be the surprise packet of the early season. After years of teams like them basically being farm teams for the big powers (i.e. teams like them, the Pittsburgh Pirates, Seattle Mariners and the now defunct Montreal Expos would develop the talent, but then wouldn't have enough money to keep them - Bonds, Griffey, Bonilla being examples), they're leading their division and the son of former star Slugger Cecil Fielder, Prince Fielder is proving that he's getting by on more than just being the son of.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby schimma » Tue May 22, 2007 2:55 pm

the tribe had another good win today with the pen going from the 5th. Last year this was there weakness. They are the big underdog this year. interesting to see what happens in the trade circles with westbrook and martinez and hafner up for free agency.

they have to sign Martinez and Hafner to long term contracts.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re:

Postby schimma » Mon May 28, 2007 2:33 pm

schimma wrote:the tribe had another good win today with the pen going from the 5th. Last year this was there weakness. They are the big underdog this year. interesting to see what happens in the trade circles with westbrook and martinez and hafner up for free agency.

they have to sign Martinez and Hafner to long term contracts.

And today the completed the 3 game sweep of the tigers.

Go the tribe
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Re: MLB

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Thu May 31, 2007 6:14 pm

Another sorry tale for the Yankees was Toronto player Aaron Hill stealing home plate in a game a couple of days ago. Unbelievable, how often would that happen in the modern game???????
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:42 pm

Detroit's Justin Verlander threw a no hitter for the Detroit Tigers today in their 4-0 over Milwaukee. Only the 10th no hitter since the beginning of the 2000 season, of which one of those was performed by six different pitchers in the same game.
Amazing that Nolan Ryan managed seven by himself in his career.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:29 pm

not long to go until the all star game.

no Braves players look like getting on the team, cant remember the last time that has happened.

On Espn.com they are discussing whether Sosa should be on his way to cooperstown, his figures look good but why are his figures good, is it ability or performace enhancing pills.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby schimma » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:24 pm

Thribe has just signed hafner to a contact locking him away till 2012, they also signed sizemore,lee, westbrook and Peralta to long term deals. the only one we are waiting on his the big lefty Cc Sabathia. if they sign him the tribe will be a solid side for years to come.
schimma
League - Best 21

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Just when you thought Barry Bonds might be starting to unravel in his chase for the home run record in a career, he homered twice today against the Chicago Cubs to move within 2 of tying and three of beating the record of 755 by Hank Aaron.
Bonds' career in San Francisco is considered to be over at the end of this season but considering that he still leads the major leagues in on base percentage, it would be interesting to see him play for an American League team next year so that he could bat as the Designated hitter and not have to play in the outfield. Pitchers still don't want to pitch to him either, as his major leading 95 walks attests.
Milwaukee 3rd baseman Ryan Braun looks like he's going to be a real good player.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:22 pm

Saw and interview during the allstar game with Bonds and he said that his body really struggles past the 5th inning of a game and he isnt playing every game at the moment!!!...whast the rules with a designated hitter?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:Saw and interview during the allstar game with Bonds and he said that his body really struggles past the 5th inning of a game and he isnt playing every game at the moment!!!...whast the rules with a designated hitter?

is that cos the drugs are out of his system!!!!!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:00 am

Dutchy wrote:Saw and interview during the allstar game with Bonds and he said that his body really struggles past the 5th inning of a game and he isnt playing every game at the moment!!!...whast the rules with a designated hitter?

Just that a DH only has to bat and in 99.9 percent of cases he bats in place of the pitcher.
Probably one of the best designated hitters at the moment is Detroit's Gary Sheffield.
As far as the drugs argument goes, it's obvious that Bonds is getting the attention for it but in reality the whole era needs to be looked at. The names Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco, Ken Caminiti, Jason Giambi, Chad Curtis, Jason Grimsley, Sammy Sosa, Frank Thomas, etc also have come under suspicion.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:06 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:

Just that a DH only has to bat and in 99.9 percent of cases he bats in place of the pitcher.
Probably one of the best designated hitters at the moment is Detroit's Gary Sheffield.
As far as the drugs argument goes, it's obvious that Bonds is getting the attention for it but in reality the whole era needs to be looked at. The names Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco, Ken Caminiti, Jason Giambi, Chad Curtis, Jason Grimsley, Sammy Sosa, Frank Thomas, etc also have come under suspicion.

thanks for that. why wouldnt Bonds just be the DH then?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:10 pm

Dutchy wrote:
ORDoubleBlues wrote:

thanks for that. why wouldnt Bonds just be the DH then?

Because he plays in the National League and they don't allow a designated hitter. Everyone has to hit and a lot of the pitchers aren't very good hitters at all. If he was to switch to an American league team next year, where they do allow designated hitters, I believe he would still be quite valuable for the fact that he still gets on base every second plate appearance - by far the best percentage in the current Major League season.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:13 pm

thanks ORD, that makes sense as I have seena a few pitchers bat.....so when there are interleague games do they play under the same rules? i.e. Nationa League cant have a DH but American leagues teams can? seems unfair?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:56 am

not sure about interleague play during the season but I'm pretty sure the National League representative is aloud to use a DH in the World Series.

Milwaukee rookie third baseman Ryan Braun is still lighting it up. 16 homers in his first 51 games in the majors and if you projected that over a full season, that's 50 homers and it may just be the shot in the arm that the underdog Brewers will need in the playoffs.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports