Mayweather v McGregor

Any other sports

Re: Mayweather v McGregor

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Only highlight for me was the Corona girls.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:03 am

Mayweather so calm under pressure. He just watched McGregor for the first 3 rounds and sized him up, left upper cut and right hook to do the damage in the latter rounds and so they did. Once McGregor was cooked in the 7th it was always going to end badly for him.

McGregor took himself right out of his own comfort zone, gave up over 75% of his normal attacking arsenal and went 9 rounds with one of the greatest ever. Took some balls, that's for sure. He's a brilliant self promoter, both would have made mega bucks from the fight and he was once again gracious in defeat. He's quality I reckon. Loud mouth for sure, but I don't think you do what he does without a pretty high level of self importance and confidence.

In the end the boxer beat the fighter.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:37 pm

Booney wrote:Mayweather so calm under pressure. He just watched McGregor for the first 3 rounds and sized him up, left upper cut and right hook to do the damage in the latter rounds and so they did. Once McGregor was cooked in the 7th it was always going to end badly for him.

McGregor took himself right out of his own comfort zone, gave up over 75% of his normal attacking arsenal and went 9 rounds with one of the greatest ever. Took some balls, that's for sure. He's a brilliant self promoter, both would have made mega bucks from the fight and he was once again gracious in defeat. He's quality I reckon. Loud mouth for sure, but I don't think you do what he does without a pretty high level of self importance and confidence.

In the end the boxer beat the fighter.

Over $100m each in earnings. Considering how far out of his depth he was, Conor hardly disgraced himself and will walk off into the sunset.

Broader picture- he was on welfare before his UFC debut in 2013. To achieve what he has is exceptional.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports