Greek Islands - Corfu

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Greek Islands - Corfu

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:32 am

Rather randomly booked a week long trip with the missus to Corfu last night for the begining of April and we're going to be staying in an area called Kassiopi.
Really haven't done any research into what's there or what there is to do at this stage, pretty much just picked the cheapest place to go with a bit of sun for the dates that suited us :lol: So has anyone been to Corfu before, and more specifically Kassiopi? Any recommendations on places to go, things to see and do or possible day trips from the area would be great :)
''I can't think back to a time where Australia have been so convincingly beaten'' - Mark Taylor in regards to the 2010/11 Ashes series.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Greek Islands - Corfu

Postby devilsadvocate » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Nice work.

I've sailed up the east coast of corfu, but only docked at the port of Corfu itself.
Really cool place. It's certainly not clean, tidy or modern by any stretch, but it's a fascinating place well worth the visit.

See if you can get on a yacht for a day or two!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:57 am

devilsadvocate wrote:Nice work.

I've sailed up the east coast of corfu, but only docked at the port of Corfu itself.
Really cool place. It's certainly not clean, tidy or modern by any stretch, but it's a fascinating place well worth the visit.

See if you can get on a yacht for a day or two!

Unfortunatley (only in some regards) we've missed the start of the tourist season by a couple weeks so based on the research I've done there isn't really any tour companys operating yet, so we're going to have to wait until we get there to see what's really on offer, but we have hired a car for the week so will be able to get around the place a bit to see what we like the sounds of.
Managed to find a daily ferry service over to Albania for half a day for €19 so that'll definitely be on the agenda at some point.
''I can't think back to a time where Australia have been so convincingly beaten'' - Mark Taylor in regards to the 2010/11 Ashes series.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Postby devilsadvocate » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Sam_goUUUdogs wrote:Unfortunatley (only in some regards) we've missed the start of the tourist season by a couple weeks so based on the research I've done there isn't really any tour companys operating yet, so we're going to have to wait until we get there to see what's really on offer, but we have hired a car for the week so will be able to get around the place a bit to see what we like the sounds of.
Managed to find a daily ferry service over to Albania for half a day for €19 so that'll definitely be on the agenda at some point.

Albania was our next visit after Greece and :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!!
Seriously fascinating place. The buildings in Tirana are amazing, having been painted like a hypercolour t-shirt to disguise the boring communist architecture. It's not a beautiful country by any stretch, but a seriously fascinating place and one I found the locals to be pretty friendly and interesting.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:02 am

Sounds brilliant, really looking forward to that part now :)
Did you go to Saranda at all?
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Board index   General Talk  Travel