Cruises

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: Cruises

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:31 am

Anyone done the 3 day comedy cruises?

If so, whats the quality of comedy?
I'd hope it was equivalent to here.
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 47580
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8494 times
Been liked: 2344 times

Re: Cruises

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:37 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Anyone done the 3 day comedy cruises?

If so, whats the quality of comedy?
I'd hope it was equivalent to here.

Dunno, but sounds risky to me. 3 days of shithouse comedy on a boat would be like 3 days in a floating prison.

Stick with what you know - for a lot less cost and risk, get on a Jolley's paddleboat while reading safooty on your phone. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Magellan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 494 times
Been liked: 1250 times

Re: Cruises

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:39 pm

Magellan wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Anyone done the 3 day comedy cruises?

If so, whats the quality of comedy?
I'd hope it was equivalent to here.

Dunno, but sounds risky to me. 3 days of shithouse comedy on a boat would be like 3 days in a floating prison.

Stick with what you know - for a lot less cost and risk, get on a Jolley's paddleboat while reading safooty on your phone. ;)
Thata what I thought....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 47580
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8494 times
Been liked: 2344 times

Re: Cruises

Postby JK » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Magellan wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Anyone done the 3 day comedy cruises?

If so, whats the quality of comedy?
I'd hope it was equivalent to here.

Dunno, but sounds risky to me. 3 days of shithouse comedy on a boat would be like 3 days in a floating prison.

Stick with what you know - for a lot less cost and risk, get on a Jolley's paddleboat while reading safooty on your phone. ;)


Plenty of bars still .. I'd give it a crack MT (so you can tell the rest of us how great/shit it was)
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35220
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3200 times
Been liked: 2260 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Cruises

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:05 pm

JK wrote:
Magellan wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Anyone done the 3 day comedy cruises?

If so, whats the quality of comedy?
I'd hope it was equivalent to here.

Dunno, but sounds risky to me. 3 days of shithouse comedy on a boat would be like 3 days in a floating prison.

Stick with what you know - for a lot less cost and risk, get on a Jolley's paddleboat while reading safooty on your phone. ;)


Plenty of bars still .. I'd give it a crack MT (so you can tell the rest of us how great/shit it was)
I might set up a gofundme page to help pay for the R&D

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 47580
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8494 times
Been liked: 2344 times

Re: Cruises

Postby Pag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Anyone done a cruise through South East Asia? We're looking at Singapore - Bangkok - Ho Chi Minh City - Hue/Danang - Hanoi/Ha Long Bay - Hong Kong in early 2021 but have heard the ports can be a long, long way from the actual cities (2-3 hours in a coach each way).
User avatar
Pag
Coach
 
Posts: 5162
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:57 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 420 times

Re: Cruises

Postby Psyber » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:04 pm

Giving a cruise a go in NZ shortly. Plan is fly to Auckland and after a few days there join a cruise around NZ and come back via Hobart and Sydney. If the had been an option to just get off still in NZ, after circling it, and fly back I would have opted for that. I expect to be a bit bored on a slow boat in mid-ocean, but it seemed like the easy way to tour NZ itself.

A couple of friends have suggested the 4 of us do a PNG cruise late next year - he was a field officer and magistrate there years ago, and knows what is worth seeing.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11704
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 250 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: Cruises

Postby Magellan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Psyber wrote:A couple of friends have suggested the 4 of us do a PNG cruise late next year - he was a field officer and magistrate there years ago, and knows what is worth seeing.

Enjoy the courtroom disco!

Image
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Magellan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 494 times
Been liked: 1250 times

Re: Cruises

Postby JK » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Take off for a short little 5 day number next Tuesday, cant wait!!
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35220
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3200 times
Been liked: 2260 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Cruises

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:17 pm

JK wrote:Take off for a short little 5 day number next Tuesday, cant wait!!

I was going to be on that Cruise but passed on to a colleague....real Sliding Doors moment.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 872 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Cruises

Postby JK » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:23 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
JK wrote:Take off for a short little 5 day number next Tuesday, cant wait!!

I was going to be on that Cruise but passed on to a colleague....real Sliding Doors moment.


Phew, might've run out of beer otherwise
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35220
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3200 times
Been liked: 2260 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Cruises

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Where ya going JK?
I'm off to New Caledonia on a 10 day cruise out of Sydney in 10 days time.
I'm looking forward to the break!
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44860
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1148 times
Been liked: 2610 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Cruises

Postby JK » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:52 pm

Wedgie wrote:Where ya going JK?
I'm off to New Caledonia on a 10 day cruise out of Sydney in 10 days time.
I'm looking forward to the break!


Just Melbourne mate, then have a coupla days over there, just a short trip. Have done the South Pacific before, you’ll love it mate .. Which mob you sailing with?
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35220
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3200 times
Been liked: 2260 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Cruises

Postby Wedgie » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:38 pm

JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Where ya going JK?
I'm off to New Caledonia on a 10 day cruise out of Sydney in 10 days time.
I'm looking forward to the break!


Just Melbourne mate, then have a coupla days over there, just a short trip. Have done the South Pacific before, you’ll love it mate .. Which mob you sailing with?

Just P & O but upgraded to a balcony cabin (and already have the drinks package). Been looking at the weather and its been 26-28 every day and 19 at night. Should be ideal.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44860
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1148 times
Been liked: 2610 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Cruises

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Have a great trip, Wedgie. Good idea doing it before the school holidays are in full swing.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2427
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: West Beach
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: Cruises

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:02 pm

bulldogproud wrote:Have a great trip, Wedgie. Good idea doing it before the school holidays are in full swing.
Cheers

Yep, tried to avoid kids and cyclones.
Always thinking mate. ;)
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44860
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1148 times
Been liked: 2610 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Cruises

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:33 pm

JK wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
JK wrote:Take off for a short little 5 day number next Tuesday, cant wait!!

I was going to be on that Cruise but passed on to a colleague....real Sliding Doors moment.


Phew, might've run out of beer otherwise


I do believe JK is still in Port at Outer Harbour.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 872 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Cruises

Postby JK » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:26 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
JK wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
JK wrote:Take off for a short little 5 day number next Tuesday, cant wait!!

I was going to be on that Cruise but passed on to a colleague....real Sliding Doors moment.


Phew, might've run out of beer otherwise


I do believe JK is still in Port at Outer Harbour.


Apologies for delayed reply mate, right you were .. Floating pub wasn’t the worst thing, but tbh by comparison to 3 other cruises with the same company on the same boat, this one was plain shit. Don’t get me wrong, still better than being at work but re-assessing future options now for sure. Be interesting to get feedback from Wedgie when he’s finished his.
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35220
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3200 times
Been liked: 2260 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Cruises

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:15 am

Wanting to do a cruise in November. But having trouble which is a good one to go on. Not fussed which port, but keen to go to New Caledonia area if possible. Also will be going by myself, so i know it will be probably a fair bit more.... Any tips or websites to look at would be greatly appreciated
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15998
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2788 times
Been liked: 2133 times

Re: Cruises

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:33 pm

The bride recommends Cruise Critic. There is a Aus/NZ forum where you can ask people questions. They are very helpful and have experience.

Her main tip is pick the cruise line that fits your outlook, such as no good booking a party ship during school holidays if that will annoy you.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8773
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 819 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Travel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest