COVID Travel

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:07 am

QANTAS are starting to feel the pinch now

Raising $1.9bn in equity.
6000 job losses, 15000 remain stood down.
A380s written down ($1.25-1.4bn hit)
320neos and 789s deferred
747s retired early
Joyce to remain till Jun-23

AJ also said no International travel before July 2021
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41608
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2637 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:09 pm

and If you're thinking about any of the above SA holidays, don't forget to speak to me to get them booked for you. 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 25570
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1409 times
Been liked: 1882 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby MatteeG » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:34 pm

Heading to Berri for the second week of School holidays. Looking to do a bunch of Day trips through the Riverland.

Any tips? (Family consisting of MatteeG, Mrs G, Master 10 and Miss 7).

We'll do Monash one day but others open for suggestion. (Whilst I'd love just 5 days of golf this wont be happening LOL)
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
User avatar
MatteeG
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4588
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:36 pm
Has liked: 335 times
Been liked: 381 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:50 pm

MatteeG wrote:Heading to Berri for the second week of School holidays. Looking to do a bunch of Day trips through the Riverland.

Any tips? (Family consisting of MatteeG, Mrs G, Master 10 and Miss 7).

We'll do Monash one day but others open for suggestion. (Whilst I'd love just 5 days of golf this wont be happening LOL)

Woolshed Brewery has to be on the cards and Berri Golf Club has a midweek comp every Wednesday so you can use my buggy if you want a round. You should check out the Mallee Fowl Restaurant as well. Berri Caravan Park has a very good putt putt golf set up there too. Not certain on stuff for the kids though sorry. Where in Berri are you staying?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:06 pm

Our annual boys weekend in Quorn all booked, we've decided to go even though there won't be any races on and support the town regardless.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47726
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4928 times
Been liked: 7905 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby MW » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:23 pm

Jim05 wrote:QANTAS are starting to feel the pinch now

Raising $1.9bn in equity.
6000 job losses, 15000 remain stood down.
A380s written down ($1.25-1.4bn hit)
320neos and 789s deferred
747s retired early
Joyce to remain till Jun-23

AJ also said no International travel before July 2021


Thank f..k I just got my full refund then after waiting 3 months...
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9977
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 1540 times
Been liked: 1231 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby MatteeG » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:58 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
MatteeG wrote:Heading to Berri for the second week of School holidays. Looking to do a bunch of Day trips through the Riverland.

Any tips? (Family consisting of MatteeG, Mrs G, Master 10 and Miss 7).

We'll do Monash one day but others open for suggestion. (Whilst I'd love just 5 days of golf this wont be happening LOL)

Woolshed Brewery has to be on the cards and Berri Golf Club has a midweek comp every Wednesday so you can use my buggy if you want a round. You should check out the Mallee Fowl Restaurant as well. Berri Caravan Park has a very good putt putt golf set up there too. Not certain on stuff for the kids though sorry. Where in Berri are you staying?


Cheers BC- staying at Berri Hotel.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
User avatar
MatteeG
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4588
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:36 pm
Has liked: 335 times
Been liked: 381 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:16 pm

MatteeG wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
MatteeG wrote:Heading to Berri for the second week of School holidays. Looking to do a bunch of Day trips through the Riverland.

Any tips? (Family consisting of MatteeG, Mrs G, Master 10 and Miss 7).

We'll do Monash one day but others open for suggestion. (Whilst I'd love just 5 days of golf this wont be happening LOL)

Woolshed Brewery has to be on the cards and Berri Golf Club has a midweek comp every Wednesday so you can use my buggy if you want a round. You should check out the Mallee Fowl Restaurant as well. Berri Caravan Park has a very good putt putt golf set up there too. Not certain on stuff for the kids though sorry. Where in Berri are you staying?


Cheers BC- staying at Berri Hotel.

Two for one meals at the Berri Pub Monday nights and Big River Tavern (Golf Club) have kids eat free with any paying adult Thursday nights so that might be worth a look too.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:54 pm

Dutchy wrote:Booked a week of school holidays at Pt Hughes, anyone got a boat I can borrow? :D


Change of plans, now heading to the Barossa Sunday/Monday/Tuesday next week, have always found the Barossa a bit dull compared to McLaren Vale, esp when I just found out my fav restuarant Fermet Asian isn't open when we are there, suggestions? Any craft breweries worth checking out?
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39772
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1320 times
Been liked: 2147 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: COVID Travel

Postby MatteeG » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Booked a week of school holidays at Pt Hughes, anyone got a boat I can borrow? :D


Change of plans, now heading to the Barossa Sunday/Monday/Tuesday next week, have always found the Barossa a bit dull compared to McLaren Vale, esp when I just found out my fav restuarant Fermet Asian isn't open when we are there, suggestions? Any craft breweries worth checking out?


BVB was pretty good last time I went there.

Have heard Greenock Brewery is excellent but havent been there myself.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
User avatar
MatteeG
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4588
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:36 pm
Has liked: 335 times
Been liked: 381 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Travel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest