COVID Travel

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:37 pm

Port Vincent for the long weekend, Thursday night at Adelaide Oval, Mrs Boon can drive to Wakefield on Friday morning. 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48815
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5196 times
Been liked: 8135 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Psyber » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Greetings from Katherine! Left Adelaide on September 20th via Woomera, and did the Katherine Gorge cruise today. We head for Jabiru for a few days tomorrow, then motor on to Darwin for 5 days. We hired a Honda Odyssey with a couple of friends, and will leave it with Hertz in Darwin and fly back. And bonus! - one of the other couple is a Belgian based travel agent and got us agent discounts on everything.

Love the trip and the Oddysey - stable responsive, and good fuel economy.
So far I haven't exceeded 160 kph and that was transient while passing a road train - generally sticking to official limits.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11807
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 271 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Psyber » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:53 am

Got back October 8th. The trip included stay overs at Woomera, Coober Pedy, Yulara, Alice, Katherine, Jabiru, and Darwin. Some stay overs were for a few days to see local sights like the Olgas, Uluru, and the field of light at night. We stayed in Darwin five days after the initial 5400Km, and did local tours there and extensions to Batchelor and Litchfield Park.

A trip long on our bucket list, helped by the fact my wife had managed a group of Child Care Centres in Darwin for 3 years in the past, and the male of the other couple is a lawyer who has done a lot of mining negotiations and spent some time up there in his past.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11807
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 271 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Wedgie » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:17 pm

Did you enjoy Jabiru/Kakadu?

I hated it and thought it was the most overrated place in the world.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 45811
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 2815 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: COVID Travel

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 am

Booked dirt cheap tickets to Hobart for 5 days from November 3 and can’t wait. Been there with work in March and wanted to always go back. 2 nights in Hobart and 2 in Launceston.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5547
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:22 am
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 585 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Jim05 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Booked dirt cheap tickets to Hobart for 5 days from November 3 and can’t wait. Been there with work in March and wanted to always go back. 2 nights in Hobart and 2 in Launceston.
Direct with Jetstar?
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42256
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1103 times
Been liked: 2709 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: COVID Travel

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:47 pm

Jim05 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Booked dirt cheap tickets to Hobart for 5 days from November 3 and can’t wait. Been there with work in March and wanted to always go back. 2 nights in Hobart and 2 in Launceston.
Direct with Jetstar?


Yeah, paid $300 return for the both of us.

I’m looking forward to getting back in the air again. Haven’t flown since the Thursday of the Australian GP when it was called off. Prior to that I’d be interstate 18-22 weeks of the year.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5547
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:22 am
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 585 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Jim05 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:01 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Booked dirt cheap tickets to Hobart for 5 days from November 3 and can’t wait. Been there with work in March and wanted to always go back. 2 nights in Hobart and 2 in Launceston.
Direct with Jetstar?


Yeah, paid $300 return for the both of us.

I’m looking forward to getting back in the air again. Haven’t flown since the Thursday of the Australian GP when it was called off. Prior to that I’d be interstate 18-22 weeks of the year.
Had a couple of interstate work trips but flying was cut back significantly during the middle of the year. Have had several in the last couple of weeks and it just feels so different now
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42256
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1103 times
Been liked: 2709 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Travel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest