COVID Travel

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:Today we used Jetstar Bali vouchers to book a trip to Tassie in late July/early August, off to see the Roos/Geelong in Hobart :( and then head up the east coast and end up at Barnbougle for a hit of golf (something I promised myself for my 50th).

Going to be freezing but can't wait to get back to Tassie.
Was there over Easter. Friday was 30 degrees and that was Hobart’s first April day of 30 since 2014. Backed it up with 32 on Saturday which was the hottest April day on record I believe. Weather was amazing this time around
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1113 times
Been liked: 2838 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Today we used Jetstar Bali vouchers to book a trip to Tassie in late July/early August, off to see the Roos/Geelong in Hobart :( and then head up the east coast and end up at Barnbougle for a hit of golf (something I promised myself for my 50th).

Going to be freezing but can't wait to get back to Tassie.
Was there over Easter. Friday was 30 degrees and that was Hobart’s first April day of 30 since 2014. Backed it up with 32 on Saturday which was the hottest April day on record I believe. Weather was amazing this time around

When we went in March 2017 we wore shorts and tshirts all week, it was weirdly humid.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 1575 times
Been liked: 2428 times

Postby Psyber » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Jim05 wrote:
MatteeG wrote:Anyone flown Jetstar recently? Feels like forever since I flew last. Assuming mandatory masks on board etc.

We have a trip to Brissy booked for late April, car hire and accommodation all booked with no money down and free cancellation.

Whilst doubtful it would go ahead when the flights were booked late last year, it now looks promising fingers crossed
Don’t do it!
Jetstar are the pits
Yes, masks compulsory

Except they sell you food and drink and you have to pull the mask down to eat and drink.
It seems to rather defeat the purpose of wearing the mask.

OK it is only for part of the trip, but you may pick up the virus in that shorter time, and my last flight (back in February) the guy next to me was eating or drinking most of the time.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 287 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Travel