Perth

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: Perth

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:19 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:
Booney wrote:Sorrento Beach, Hillarys Harbour, nice little area with a nice apartments complex at Sorrento to stay at. Be a good spot to base yourself.

Nice beaches.

Agree with that.

It's not a tourist destination but there's a really nice botanical putt putt just north of Joondalup - assume it's still open as admittedly I haven't been there for 8 years.
Their trains are unbelievable and they make it easy to get around and their is now a line to Mandurah.
War Memorial on the Eastern side of King's Park is good and it also makes for a great view and think the ferry trip along the Swan from the City to Fremantle (you can easily spend a whole day walking around Fremantle) is definitely worth doing.
Favourite pub in my time there was the Paddington Alehouse in Mount Hawthorn and if you're into that sort of caper, Perth's answer to the 'Arkaba' is the Old Bailey in Joondalup.

Can see myself continually adding to this post :lol: .

Joondalup Gold course is a golden place too. The resort there is a bit costly, but when I go there its a work junket so it doesn't cost me a penny. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Will be driving over with a few mates from Boxing Day onwards and am certainly looking forward to it. They've decided to move the Perth Cup back to New Years Day again so I'll have to try and take it a bit easy on the 31st LOL!
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby GWW » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm thinking of going to WA (Perth and maybe a tour around a few regional areas) when Port play the Eagles next April.

Sounds like a great destination, although have heard hotel accommodation is very, very expensive.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:34 pm

book early and sometimes you can get some good pricing - but otherwise, yes - Perth isn't cheap accommodation wise.

Comfort Inn Perth City might be your best bet at around $145 per night and I don't think it's too far from Perth Station to jump on a train to Subi.

Let me know if you need to book ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:11 am

GWW wrote:I'm thinking of going to WA (Perth and maybe a tour around a few regional areas) when Port play the Eagles next April.

Sounds like a great destination, although have heard hotel accommodation is very, very expensive.

Bit late I know but for future reference, check out a website called STAYZ. Have just booked two houses and while one is $4000 for ten nights, there is going to be six people staying in it, so for the Christmas/New Year period, it's a pretty good deal.
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Psyber » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi all. I'm currently on the way back from WA. 50 minutes from Adelaide now on. a QANTAS flight. I had a somewhat boring at weekends but financially rewarding stay in Northam and Merredin.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Psyber » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:23 am

I've just contracted for a 9 week job in WA during March and April - in Margaret River health services.
Free flights, free accommodation, and hire car provided. Looking forward to touring the area over Easter and at weekends.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby MatteeG » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:05 am

Psyber wrote:I've just contracted for a 9 week job in WA during March and April - in Margaret River health services.
Free flights, free accommodation, and hire car provided. Looking forward to touring the area over Easter and at weekends.

I found Perth really easy to drive around, used to hire cars most work trips.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu May 25, 2023 8:45 pm

MatteeG wrote:
Psyber wrote:I've just contracted for a 9 week job in WA during March and April - in Margaret River health services.

You obviously didn’t drive the Mitchell and Kwinana Freeways during the morning and afternoon rush :lol: - Some of the worst traffic congestion I’ve seen anywhere in Australia.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Fri May 26, 2023 1:31 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

You obviously didn’t drive the Mitchell and Kwinana Freeways during the morning and afternoon rush :lol: - Some of the worst traffic congestion I’ve seen anywhere in Australia.

I said to a work colleague over there "You have such a wonderful freeway system, why do you make it a car park at 4pm?"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Travel