Complaints

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Complaints

Postby the big bang » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:22 am

Currently up on the Gold Coast, we booked a pretty cheap place to stay at, with the only thing we cared about was having a heated pool for us to chill in every night after a day of sighseeing. so we pretty much found the cheapest place that could sleep us all, and had a heated pool. we get here, and the pool isn't heated as stated on their website. now the room was only $90 a night from wotif, so we weren't expecting the Hilton of Beverley Hills. but what we were expecting, was what they told us they had, a heated pool. i'm not going to say its ruined our holiday, but it has put a bit of a downer on the trip. my 6 year old has still been in the pool twice, but I can only let him be in there for somewhere between 5-10mins before his lips are blue and he's shivering.

is there anywhere that we can take our complaints to that might actually result in something happening? if I complain to management, i'm sure they'd just dismiss us like I assume they would have done in the past. someone like a 'consumer watchdog'? would love to get a bit of money back, but not sure how to go about it.

it also doesn't impress me that the bloke behind the reception desk is a rude dick that complained about us asking for an extra pillow because there wasn't enough in our room when we got here.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Complaints

Postby MatteeG » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:11 am

Obviously voice your disappointment when you check out TBB. Ask for the manager on duty.

Following that, Start with these TBB (Wotif contacts):

Customer Service CentreOpen 24 hours, 7 days 1300 88 7979
By email
General accommodation enquiries and feedback – rooms@wotif.com

Packages enquiries and feedback – packages@wotif.com

Accommodation reviews enquiries and feedback – reviews@wotif.com
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby smac » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:16 am

Presume they have an OCBA equivalent in Queensland, go there if Wotif don't help. But Wotif are great, had an issue in Hong Kong and they sorted it in less than 24 hours, quite impressed.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:09 pm

If they're star rated, contact AAA Tourism, they can lose their star rating if certain requirements aren't up to scratch.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Also go to hotel booking websites like cheaperthanhotels.com.au and wotif and leave a review on the hotels page on there, so people who look at that hotel know what (not) to expect
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby the big bang » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 pm

cheers guys.

I called the number that @MatteeG posted, and told them the story, they were more than happy to make them refund the remaining 3 nights we had booked, and with no extra cancelation fees/booking fees, wotif helped me find a suitable place, for a similar price (all we had to do was pay the difference). they also told me that they asked for compensation of some sort, which he manager refused, but wotif said that they are blatantly misleading the public and abusing the terms and conditions of advertising on wotif, so they will follow it up and hopefully even get me something further.

the place wasn't star rated, but they rate themselves a 4.5 pfft...i'm not sure what the criteria is and how these things get rated, but i'd say they're a 3 at the most.

I think i'll wait and see if wotif can get me some compensation before leaving a bad (but honest) review.

the place we've moved to for the next three nights is called 'Turtle Beach Resort', and there is no way I could possibly suggest people stay here enough for what they deserve. the place is amazing. specially for families. mini-golf, 4 different pool areas (one of which is 18+ only), gym, games room, 2 tennis courts, a café and a restaurant and much more. i'll probably be booking to come back here for another visit early next year.

once again, thanks for your help and suggestions. ;)
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby Jase » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Please tell me you weren't staying at the Treasure Island Resort were you... we have about 40 students plus families staying there next weekend for the School aerobics national finals...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:53 am

I book a shitload of folk into turtle beach..great place for families!

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:58 am

Jase wrote:Please tell me you weren't staying at the Treasure Island Resort were you... we have about 40 students plus families staying there next weekend for the School aerobics national finals...

We stayed there about 10 years ago, I can't remember if the pool was heated but we had no complaints, we were looked after very well and enjoyed the facilities
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby the big bang » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:20 am

Jase wrote:Please tell me you weren't staying at the Treasure Island Resort were you... we have about 40 students plus families staying there next weekend for the School aerobics national finals...

nah mate. the dodgy place was called "Tradewinds Surfers".
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:53 pm

We had exactly the same issue 2 years ago up there, booked a place due to its nice pool only to get there and there was no water in it due to maintenance...quick complaint to the desk and they arranged free transfer to a neighbouring hotel in the same chain (Breakfree) which was actually nicer.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby the big bang » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:16 am

Footy Chick wrote:I book a shitload of folk into turtle beach..great place for families!

indeed it is FC. I don't know if you ever get reviews from your clients, but take it from me, NEVER stop sending families here. i'd be very surprised to learn of a place that caters for families better than this place.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:58 pm

it is good, although this one would be a close second:

http://www.paradiseresort.com.au/

and then:

https://www.ashmorepalmsgoldcoast.com.au/

Footy Chick

Board index   General Talk  Travel