Travel Insurance

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Travel Insurance

Postby Smashed Crab » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Going on my honeymoon next Apr/May. Looking for any recommendation on travel insurance. We are going from Adel to Canada to USA, cruise ship from Miami to England, couple days in Spain, another cruise from Barcalona to several major ports in Italy, Greece, Turkey before disembarking in Croatia. Chilling in Croatia for a week before flying to Paris for a day and then back home. 6 weeks worth. Anyone done something similar with America's, Europe and cruises and have insurance tips?
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Travel Insurance

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Dont do cheap because if you do need to use it, you'll invariably regret it
Reputable companies only: AIG, Chubb, ACE or Accident & Health.
Ensure you get their emergency card
Unlimited hospital & medical cover only because you're going to USA/Canada
You are going to some sub-Europe countries so a minimum $250k Kidnap & Ransom cover
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Most travel insurances are variations of the covermore product - at varying rates of cover.

I'll agree with what Jimmy said, don't go the cheap, you'll be in trouble.

A mate of mines dad recently unexpectedly passed away whilst on a trip overseas to see his other son and the grief the family went through with Allianz to get him home was terrible, including sending letter to his deceased dad, which really upset his mum.

If you remember the story about the chick who went bungee jumping and her cord snapped - covermore covered her and ended up paying out over $70k in hospital, getting her home and legal after she floated over to the wrong side of the river and ended up in another country illegally,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hoJfi9kPh0 - the jump
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:33 pm

I used the free travel insurance that i had on the platinum commbank credit card. read the pds about a million times to check i wasnt getting ripped off, but it seemed almost as good as the covermore one.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Board index   General Talk  Travel