We're off to Darwin

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

We're off to Darwin

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:20 pm

The Mrs and I are heading up to Darwin for my cousins wedding in May.

We are staying a few extra days, just to have a bit of a holiday. I spent a fair chunk of my childhood their, but never really ventured out of the Naval Base, and never been back as an adult*

I have a few statements and questions to people that have been. The people that have been more recently will be the most helpful I reckon. Im looking at you @Footy Chick

Firstly, I've reserved a spa cottage room at the Leprechaun Resort (its a motel, not a resort) that looks pretty good, and is only gonna cost me $720 inc Wifi for 4 nights. I don't need to pay anything, and can cancel anytime up til the check in date for free, so thought I'd reserve it as a fall back plan while I look for something better.

Has anyone been recently, and got opinions on any hotels? Anywhere between the CBD and Palmerston would be ok. Don't really wanna venture out toward Casurina though. The one I've booked is right across from the RAAF base my dad played footy at. Gonna be very nostalgic, and maybe a bit emotional since he is no longer with us.

Secondly, does anyone have any suggestions on things to do while we're there?

We'll have the Friday and Sunday to ourselves, and we'll have a rental car, so travelling isn't an issue.

Growing up we went to the Wildlife Park, as well as Berry and Howard Springs a fair bit, so that might be a day trip. I know about all the historical museums and stuff, which might be something else we do to.

I'm interested to hear about any of the touristy things like the croc parks, etc. The ones in the metro area were never there when we lived there.

*adult by age, not maturity
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: We're off to Darwin

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:55 pm

chuck me an email at work tomorrow.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Re: We're off to Darwin

Postby RustyCage » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:11 pm

If you get the chance to do a sunset cruise I highly recommend it
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Board index   General Talk  Travel