Kangaroo Island

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Kangaroo Island

Postby White Line Fever » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:32 pm

So I'll be heading off on the ferry for a few nights in KI this week.

Taking my dogs with me and seeing if anyone has any good tips to do.

I'll be near Snelling Beach so any fishing tips much appreciated!!

Cheers
WLF
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Kangaroo Island

Postby Keefy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:17 am

Our very own FC features in this months SA Motor Mag

Top 10 Destinations for 2018

The ferry is a handy way to get to KI, as it means you can take your own car with you – great for navigating the surprisingly large island. There are heaps of opportunities to get out in the great outdoors, so make sure you pack for the weather.

Sandboarding, pelican feeding, sheepdog farm tours – and of course meeting the local seals – are some of the best family activities, but there’s plenty for grown-ups too. My top tips are Cliffords Honey Farm, KI Oyster Farm and Island Pure sheep dairy, and maybe even KI spirits or Dudley wines for a delicious tipple.
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:23 pm

Keefy wrote:Our very own FC features in this months SA Motor Mag

The ferry is a handy way to get to KI, as it means you can take your own car with you – great for navigating the surprisingly large island. There are heaps of opportunities to get out in the great outdoors, so make sure you pack for the weather.

Sandboarding, pelican feeding, sheepdog farm tours – and of course meeting the local seals – are some of the best family activities, but there’s plenty for grown-ups too. My top tips are Cliffords Honey Farm, KI Oyster Farm and Island Pure sheep dairy, and maybe even KI spirits or Dudley wines for a delicious tipple.

Ha! I'd forgotten about this :lol:

American River is apparently pretty good for fishing. Apparently Baudin Beach is good too - but better if you have a boat :)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Keefy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Keefy wrote:Our very own FC features in this months SA Motor Mag

Ha! I'd forgotten about this :lol:

American River is apparently pretty good for fishing. Apparently Baudin Beach is good too - but better if you have a boat :)

Have visited Cliffords and Island Pure dairy

A number of decent fishing spots over there, but certainly better if you have a boat like you said.
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Did you get to see the Remarkable Rocks.
We went there 2009 just after they’d had that huge fire. The park was just burnt tree trunks.
If you got to Kingscote did you see sign by the public pool, “Please do not throw Sharks into the Pool” :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Pag » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Definitely worth the drive out to the west end of the island for a look around Admiral's Arch and Remarkable Rocks.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Board index   General Talk  Travel