COVID Travel

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:46 pm

Booney wrote:Fancy doing it again?
Yep, with no hesitation I’ll return to China.
Been several times already but still plenty of areas I’m yet to see
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42074
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1099 times
Been liked: 2686 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Bum Crack » Tue May 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Booney wrote:Fancy doing it again?

Na I wasn't much of a fan. Cheap durries and grog though which was good. And I survived.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6996
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 636 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Booney » Tue May 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:Fancy doing it again?
Yep, with no hesitation I’ll return to China.
Been several times already but still plenty of areas I’m yet to see


Image
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48528
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5122 times
Been liked: 8077 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:57 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:Fancy doing it again?
Yep, with no hesitation I’ll return to China.
Been several times already but still plenty of areas I’m yet to see


Image
Don’t see the issue. The US is in a far worse state than China and yet if our border restrictions ceased tomorrow I’d bet there would be thousands of Australians heading there in the coming months. Once the relevant authorities deem China as safe to visit I’d have no hesitation going back. Love the place
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42074
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1099 times
Been liked: 2686 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Booney » Tue May 26, 2020 4:58 pm

If you believe China's numbers.*
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48528
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5122 times
Been liked: 8077 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:00 pm

Booney wrote:If you believe China's numbers.*
Obviously. I’m not talking about going there currently but in months/years whenever the authorities deem it safe then why not. There will come a point when travel does get opened up again
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42074
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1099 times
Been liked: 2686 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Booney » Tue May 26, 2020 5:00 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:If you believe China's numbers.*
Obviously. I’m not talking about going there currently but in months/years whenever the authorities deem it safe then why not. There will come a point when travel does get opened up again


Of course. I'll be on the Murray or KI if you need me. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48528
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5122 times
Been liked: 8077 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:06 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:If you believe China's numbers.*
Obviously. I’m not talking about going there currently but in months/years whenever the authorities deem it safe then why not. There will come a point when travel does get opened up again


Of course. I'll be on the Murray or KI if you need me. ;)
Funny how when it has something to do with Port, China’s numbers are reliable [emoji23]
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42074
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1099 times
Been liked: 2686 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Booney » Tue May 26, 2020 5:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:If you believe China's numbers.*
Obviously. I’m not talking about going there currently but in months/years whenever the authorities deem it safe then why not. There will come a point when travel does get opened up again


Of course. I'll be on the Murray or KI if you need me. ;)
Funny how when it has something to do with Port, China’s numbers are reliable [emoji23]


Of all the cock-a-donkey tenuously linked football based bullshit this site has ever produced this is right on top of the pile. Congratulations. =D>
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48528
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5122 times
Been liked: 8077 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Bum Crack » Tue May 26, 2020 5:16 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:If you believe China's numbers.*
Obviously. I’m not talking about going there currently but in months/years whenever the authorities deem it safe then why not. There will come a point when travel does get opened up again


Of course. I'll be on the Murray or KI if you need me. ;)
Funny how when it has something to do with Port, China’s numbers are reliable [emoji23]

Spot on.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6996
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 636 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Pag » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:07 pm

Booney wrote:Just been looking at some preliminary budgets for 3 couples to either go to Kangaroo Island for 5 nights or do 4 nights mid week on a house boat out of Morgan. Wonder why people don't go to KI! Bloody hell.

In short :

House boat (8 berth for 6 people) - $1900 for 4 nights (total - $600 per couple ) allow $300-400 per couple for food and drinks, no real need for spending money on board, throw in a tank of fuel to Morgan and back, maybe one pub meal = $1300-1500 per couple tops.

Kangaroo Island - $98 per person return on ferry, $198 per car return ( $400 per couple ), 5 nights at $150 per night accommodation ( $750 per couple ), 2 tanks of fuel ( $150 ), $150-200 per day spending food + drink ( $1000 ) = $2300-2500 per couple.
I reckon I read the ferry is the most expensive (per km) in the world. Be that as it may, heading over in July with some friends for a few days. Haven't been for nearly a decade (outside of a work trip) and have relatives who always come back to the mainland, time for me to pay the cash and get over to see them.

We're looking at the NT in October as well, before the wet season kicks in.
User avatar
Pag
Coach
 
Posts: 5233
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:57 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 436 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:39 am

Pag wrote:
Booney wrote:Just been looking at some preliminary budgets for 3 couples to either go to Kangaroo Island for 5 nights or do 4 nights mid week on a house boat out of Morgan. Wonder why people don't go to KI! Bloody hell.

In short :

House boat (8 berth for 6 people) - $1900 for 4 nights (total - $600 per couple ) allow $300-400 per couple for food and drinks, no real need for spending money on board, throw in a tank of fuel to Morgan and back, maybe one pub meal = $1300-1500 per couple tops.

Kangaroo Island - $98 per person return on ferry, $198 per car return ( $400 per couple ), 5 nights at $150 per night accommodation ( $750 per couple ), 2 tanks of fuel ( $150 ), $150-200 per day spending food + drink ( $1000 ) = $2300-2500 per couple.
I reckon I read the ferry is the most expensive (per km) in the world. Be that as it may, heading over in July with some friends for a few days. Haven't been for nearly a decade (outside of a work trip) and have relatives who always come back to the mainland, time for me to pay the cash and get over to see them.

We're looking at the NT in October as well, before the wet season kicks in.

That's around the time of the build up. Can get very uncomfortable and humid if you're not used to it.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6996
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 636 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:42 am

Going to smoky bay tomorrow night after work.
Should be plenty of fish in the bay since no tourists were there for Easter.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
User avatar
Mythical Creature
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:22 am
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 186 times
Grassroots Team: United

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Psyber » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:41 pm

whufc wrote:Please keep Clare in mind when thinking of weekend getaways......

Good thought,
I know Peter Sanders who was a GP up there, and John Wilson, another medico with a winery at Polish Hill River.
It is also close to my cousins at Moonta and Wallaroo whom I haven't seen for years.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11800
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 270 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:24 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Going to smoky bay tomorrow night after work.
Should be plenty of fish in the bay since no tourists were there for Easter.

Beautiful place, that whole area is so awesome. Love Smokey, Streaky and Venus Bays
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35794
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 2509 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Psyber » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:15 am

Pag wrote:
Booney wrote:Just been looking at some preliminary budgets for 3 couples to either go to Kangaroo Island for 5 nights or do 4 nights mid week on a house boat out of Morgan. Wonder why people don't go to KI! Bloody hell.

In short :

House boat (8 berth for 6 people) - $1900 for 4 nights (total - $600 per couple ) allow $300-400 per couple for food and drinks, no real need for spending money on board, throw in a tank of fuel to Morgan and back, maybe one pub meal = $1300-1500 per couple tops.

Kangaroo Island - $98 per person return on ferry, $198 per car return ( $400 per couple ), 5 nights at $150 per night accommodation ( $750 per couple ), 2 tanks of fuel ( $150 ), $150-200 per day spending food + drink ( $1000 ) = $2300-2500 per couple.

I reckon I read the ferry is the most expensive (per km) in the world. Be that as it may, heading over in July with some friends for a few days. Haven't been for nearly a decade (outside of a work trip) and have relatives who always come back to the mainland, time for me to pay the cash and get over to see them.

We're looking at the NT in October as well, before the wet season kicks in.

I've never been to KI - I keep looking at the idea and getting put off by the costs relative to other options.

I had plans to go stay with a mate in Vancouver next year and see bits of the US and add in the Alaska cruise from Vancouver, but that is off the board now. So, I'll re-examine local options.

My first ever overseas trip was in 1990, to go to Borneo and stay in a long house with the Iban Dyak, then on to the Orangutan rehabilitation centres in Sarawak and Sabah. I'd been too busy studying and setting up in my profession to go away before that. I've made up for it in my semi-retirement post 2008.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11800
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 270 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:16 pm

Booked a week of school holidays at Pt Hughes, anyone got a boat I can borrow? :D
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 40088
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1388 times
Been liked: 2212 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:19 pm

Dutchy wrote:Booked a week of school holidays at Pt Hughes, anyone got a boat I can borrow? :D


2 kayaks. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48528
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5122 times
Been liked: 8077 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Just spent 4 nights in Nuri.
Last minute thought after getting a Travel Auction.
Went over to Kapunda and also to Burra.
Plus did a food trail thingy, which took us to places in Angaston, Tanunda and we finished off in Seppeltsfield winery :shock: never been there, but good too see how some of our fellow forumites live it up
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 48405
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8903 times
Been liked: 2451 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Just received the dreaded email from Qantas. Our First class tickets MEL-SIN have just been cancelled for October.
Oh well [emoji17]
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42074
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1099 times
Been liked: 2686 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Travel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest