Samsung 65" 4K TV

For Sale, Wanted, Trade, Swap, put it here! Read the terms of condition first.

Samsung 65" 4K TV

Postby Kahuna » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:55 pm

IMG20220719140839 (Medium).jpg
IMG20220719140839 (Medium).jpg (298.48 KiB) Viewed 2315 times
Samsung 65JS9000 bought new in 2016 top of the range LCD. Paid around 3.7K from memory and another $400 for professional calibration.
Note this is the curved model which puts some people off but after 10 minutes you don't really notice. At time of purchase was told all sorts of BS reasons for the curve but at the time I was just blown away by the picture on the instore set. To be honest when I got it home, it wasn't as good as I remembered which is why I paid the money for the calibration which cured the picture issues I had. I can probably dig out the receipt for the calibration if required.

I can't comment on it's smart capabilities as I use my AppleTV for streaming etc, also can't comment on speaker quality, except to say they work, as I feed the audio into my AVR.
Remote is basically unused as I use a Logitech remote to control all my devices.
Picture is very good, no dead or stuck pixels. Not sure what else to add except that I sell it in good faith, no known faults, and I will offer money back for one month if it goes belly up.
Selling due to upgrade in size, not real sure how much to ask as I know tv prices go south fast, will suggest $800 ono is a starting point.
Attached pic doesn't do the TV justice but best I can do on my phone.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Re: Samsung 65" 4K TV

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:33 pm

Kahuna wrote:
IMG20220719140839 (Medium).jpg
Samsung 65JS9000 bought new in 2016 top of the range LCD. Paid around 3.7K from memory and another $400 for professional calibration.
Note this is the curved model which puts some people off but after 10 minutes you don't really notice. At time of purchase was told all sorts of BS reasons for the curve but at the time I was just blown away by the picture on the instore set. To be honest when I got it home, it wasn't as good as I remembered which is why I paid the money for the calibration which cured the picture issues I had. I can probably dig out the receipt for the calibration if required.

I can't comment on it's smart capabilities as I use my AppleTV for streaming etc, also can't comment on speaker quality, except to say they work, as I feed the audio into my AVR.
Remote is basically unused as I use a Logitech remote to control all my devices.
Picture is very good, no dead or stuck pixels. Not sure what else to add except that I sell it in good faith, no known faults, and I will offer money back for one month if it goes belly up.
Selling due to upgrade in size, not real sure how much to ask as I know tv prices go south fast, will suggest $800 ono is a starting point.
Attached pic doesn't do the TV justice but best I can do on my phone.

$800 for a 6 year old TV???? :shock: Good luck with that.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Kahuna » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:06 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Kahuna wrote:not real sure how much to ask as I know tv prices go south fast, will suggest $800 ono is a starting point.

Did you miss that bit where I said I was unsure what to ask?

Edit: Didn’t mean that in an aggressive way Bum Crack. Not many of these around, so value is difficult to judge. Compared to current Jb cheapies this smashes them. I agree 800 is more than hopeful but as I said, you have to start negotiations somewhere.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:56 pm

Kahuna wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Kahuna wrote:not real sure how much to ask as I know tv prices go south fast, will suggest $800 ono is a starting point.

Did you miss that bit where I said I was unsure what to ask?

Edit: Didn’t mean that in an aggressive way Bum Crack. Not many of these around, so value is difficult to judge. Compared to current Jb cheapies this smashes them. I agree 800 is more than hopeful but as I said, you have to start negotiations somewhere.

All good mate. Second hand TV's are very cheap these days. I remember I bought a plasma back in the day for $5,500.00 and sold it for $50.00. I bought a brand new LG 65 inch for our bedroom 2 years ago for $900.00.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Kahuna » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:38 pm

Kahuna wrote:Samsung 65JS9000

Gone, traded in exchange for some electrical work.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Board index   General Talk  SAFooty Market