Car improvements

Cars, V8 racing, F1 racing, motorbikes, vintage, new, mechanical

Re: Car improvements

Postby HH3 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:04 pm

Ive got two bodykits to choose from, both existing Ford models, so its not going to be some stupid looking thing. Im deciding between the GT bodykit, or the Typhoon bodykit. The front bumpers are different but the rest of it is the same on both bodykits.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Sojourner » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:25 pm

On the other hand then you could always go the Blue and White Cobra kit that I have seen running around, looks pretty smooth for a modern car IMO! ;)
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Ian » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:34 pm

HH3 wrote:Ive got two bodykits to choose from, both existing Ford models, so its not going to be some stupid looking thing. Im deciding between the GT bodykit, or the Typhoon bodykit. The front bumpers are different but the rest of it is the same on both bodykits.

Are these fiberglass copies?

If they are be very carefull, the fiberglass ones do not fit or line up properly and to get them looking right will take hours and hours of modification from the installer. A couple of repairers I've seen use them on damaged GT's / Typhoons / XR's etc will never use them again, ended up costing more than genuine with all the extra labour spent making it look nearly right.
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby HH3 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:47 pm

After going over the numbers today i decided to go for standard parts. Had to replace the bumper and front left guard, so bought new ones from Athol Park Ford Wreckers, for a total of $550, saving $200. Then dropped it off at Auto Styling Aust to get painted, going to get it fitted once finished in a few days, for a total of $600, saving $500.

Athol Park Ford Wreckers are going to see if they can get me rims, tyres, XR suspension and XR exhaust for as cheap as possible, probably around another $1500 to $2000.

If i went the GT or Typhoon bodykit it wouldve cost me nearly $2000 just for the bodykit, and i wouldnt be able to afford the rest, so there'd be no point because it would look stupid with Fairmont rims and sitting as high as it is now.

And i can always stop now, with it being back to how it was before i crashed it. Will think it over. Think ive made the right decision keeping it stock. Mostly from the advice from all you guys. :D
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Iron Fist » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:44 am

HH3 wrote:After going over the numbers today i decided to go for standard parts. Had to replace the bumper and front left guard, so bought new ones from Athol Park Ford Wreckers, for a total of $550, saving $200. Then dropped it off at Auto Styling Aust to get painted, going to get it fitted once finished in a few days, for a total of $600, saving $500.

Athol Park Ford Wreckers are going to see if they can get me rims, tyres, XR suspension and XR exhaust for as cheap as possible, probably around another $1500 to $2000.

If i went the GT or Typhoon bodykit it wouldve cost me nearly $2000 just for the bodykit, and i wouldnt be able to afford the rest, so there'd be no point because it would look stupid with Fairmont rims and sitting as high as it is now.

And i can always stop now, with it being back to how it was before i crashed it. Will think it over. Think ive made the right decision keeping it stock. Mostly from the advice from all you guys. :D

lowered with a nice set of rims will compliment it well HH3.
Will keep it clean looking with a sporty edge.
Id say you have made the right decision aswell.
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby HH3 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:13 pm

yeah i saw one last night, same car, different colour, but same rims as i can get for $1000 and exhaust and lowered and looked soooo damn good!!! getting XR springs and exhaust and the wheels fitted tomorrow :D
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Waste of money.

Why not buy a GT Ford and keep it in the shed for 20 years.

Keep the dust on it for proof.

You will make a fortune.

Do it when ford next wins bathurst.

Have the odometer at less than 100km.... ;) :shock: :D

Used to talk with my mates back in about 1973 about doing this for around $3000 :shock: GTHO PHASE 3 I think. :lol:

What would 1 be worth today under 100 kms.... :shock:
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Punk Rooster » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:06 am

keep it simple- just minor tasteful modifications are the ones that look best.
Could be as simple as having a dark tint on the windows.
I have a black XR6 Falcon (BA MkII) & I'm considering black rims for it- but with a wedding to plan for, I think it'll be a long time coming....
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby HH3 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Today i found out my engine has the same specs as a normal BA XR6, so together with the suspension and exhaust also coming from an XR6 its going to be pretty much an XR6 Fairmont.

:D
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Dog_ger » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:23 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:a wedding to plan for...?

Oh Punk. What has happened to you...?

The man with everything, want's to give 90% away when things go rrrrr's up.... ;)

Punk, what's up...? :shock:

Us Oldies model ourselves around your lifestyle...... :D
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Motoring/Motorsport