Cars

Cars, V8 racing, F1 racing, motorbikes, vintage, new, mechanical

Re: Cars

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:41 pm

Brother-in-law and his wife went into labor early Saturday, Mrs Boon collected niece, 6 and nephew, 4 around 1 on Saturday, thus plans to attend were thrown into disarray. All good, new nephew arrived safe, Mum is doing well and a great afternoon with some tin lids. There'll be another show soon enough. Keep an eye in here lads and we'll try and meet up.

Tipper, update on the bus mate?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:49 pm

I've got my eye toward the Auto Expo Saturday Zippel cruise which I've been attempting to do for the last 2-3 expos.

I'd definitely go to a Dixon/Iron Empire show again. In the meantime, there's usually a vast array of Cars and coffee type shows
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby tipper » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:43 pm

Booney wrote:Brother-in-law and his wife went into labor early Saturday, Mrs Boon collected niece, 6 and nephew, 4 around 1 on Saturday, thus plans to attend were thrown into disarray. All good, new nephew arrived safe, Mum is doing well and a great afternoon with some tin lids. There'll be another show soon enough. Keep an eye in here lads and we'll try and meet up.

Tipper, update on the bus mate?

contacted insurance, have it booked in to get it looked over next week. however, i found the date code on the tyres, and i have a feeling it wont be looked at favourably (the tyres are older than my kids...) so i reckon ill be withdrawing the claim and just paying to have it fixed myself. will be taking it to a place recommended by a mate saturday to get their opinion on it all before the insurance company sees it and ill decide after that. im certainly not going to try insurance fraud over it all.

its still driveable though, and its getting new tyres later this week, so ill still be keen for a meetup even if the scratches etc arent yet fixed :)

and congrats on becoming an uncle again :)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby tipper » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:24 am

the milky bar kid wrote:I've got my eye toward the Auto Expo Saturday Zippel cruise which I've been attempting to do for the last 2-3 expos.

I'd definitely go to a Dixon/Iron Empire show again. In the meantime, there's usually a vast array of Cars and coffee type shows
Yep, id like to do that cruise too. Had a ride along last year with a mate and was a great time.

My problem with getting to coffee and cars events (and there really are heaps around) is kids sport always clashes :(

Was at baseball at gawler sunday morning and to rub it in there were several cars going past on their way out to angle vale for their ssgt morning.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:36 am

I've got to know Grant Zippel quite well, hell of a nice guy who has a unlimited passion for cars, really nice guy. His Buick is sensational, gorgeous car.

My problem with C&C's is it's Sunday morning and I usually drink too much on a Saturday night! :D Someone should organise one at 3pm on a Sunday along the coast some where, that I'd be at.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:46 am

Booney wrote:I've got to know Grant Zippel quite well, hell of a nice guy who has a unlimited passion for cars, really nice guy. His Buick is sensational, gorgeous car.

My problem with C&C's is it's Sunday morning and I usually drink too much on a Saturday night! :D Someone should organise one at 3pm on a Sunday along the coast some where, that I'd be at.
We could do our own?

Call it coffee and cars at a reasonable time, lol

tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:01 am

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:I've got to know Grant Zippel quite well, hell of a nice guy who has a unlimited passion for cars, really nice guy. His Buick is sensational, gorgeous car.

We could do our own?

Call it coffee and cars at a reasonable time, lol

Could do, but like most things you need to have a place, let the place know you're coming, plan how many people so COVID management etc.

You on Facebook?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bandit » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:09 am

the milky bar kid wrote:I've got my eye toward the Auto Expo Saturday Zippel cruise which I've been attempting to do for the last 2-3 expos.

I used to go on most zippel cruises but only occasional now with young kids, that one is always a good one though with the expo entry combined.
Realise now that i saw your car at the weekend show, even pointed it out to my bro at the time but didnt click i'd seen pics in here before! No chrome bumper on my Transam but doing a ground up resto on my dads FJ so once thats done i can come to a "coffee &hrome" event!
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby tipper » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:50 am

Bandit wrote:

I used to go on most zippel cruises but only occasional now with young kids, that one is always a good one though with the expo entry combined.
Realise now that i saw your car at the weekend show, even pointed it out to my bro at the time but didnt click i'd seen pics in here before! No chrome bumper on my Transam but doing a ground up resto on my dads FJ so once thats done i can come to a "coffee &hrome" event!
As far as im concerned, a transam is welcome :) hell, snowmans rig is too :)

Im really not into dividing people into groups. Turn up in whatever car you like, ill have a look. I can appreciate lots of different vehicles, even if i wouldnt want one myself

Maybe of its a sunday arvo we call it cars and catchup or something (initially thought cars and coopers but we are all reaponsible adults who wouldn't drink and drive right?)

tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Bandit » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:10 am

tipper wrote:
Bandit wrote:

As far as im concerned, a transam is welcome :) hell, snowmans rig is too :)

Im really not into dividing people into groups. Turn up in whatever car you like, ill have a look. I can appreciate lots of different vehicles, even if i wouldnt want one myself

Maybe of its a sunday arvo we call it cars and catchup or something (initially thought cars and coopers but we are all reaponsible adults who wouldn't drink and drive right?)

Haha yeah, i pulled up at the weekend along side a little mazda, about 6L difference in engine size but straight away we had a chat - thats cars.
Have to admit i did visit big shed prior to the meet :D
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:21 am

Good meeting spots :

Largs Pier
Sail Master
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:37 am

Bandit wrote:Haha yeah, i pulled up at the weekend along side a little mazda, about 6L difference in engine size but straight away we had a chat - thats cars.
Have to admit i did visit big shed prior to the meet :D

yep, my Nova "only" has a 350, but it still has a bigger engine than both our other cars combined, lol. mind you, our 1 litre three cylinder fiesta is really dragging that average down :)

happy with both those suggestions Boon, along the beach there is really nice on the right day.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:57 am

1 or 2 beers in the ride is acceptable.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:51 pm

Engine size is an interesting variant these days.
Back in late 1968 I bought a Bathurst Monaro 327 - 250bhp output - and it got to 100kph in 7.5 seconds
Now my little 2 litre Renault Megane puts out 265bhp and gets there in 6 seconds...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby tipper » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:52 pm

Bet the monaro weighed less than the megane too

tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Psyber » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:55 pm

tipper wrote:Bet the monaro weighed less than the megane too

The Megane is certainly a lot more steady on the roads and corners too - and the tyres last longer.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby tipper » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:52 pm

for anyone looking for something to do friday night
https://www.facebook.com/events/1163689 ... _tab=about

ill hopefully be going (if these new tyres show up from interstate...) with the Nova, and while it is organised by the Chev club (im not affiliated with them, im just sharing it around), all vehicles are welcome.

apparently they are expecting to fill the drive in, so i plan on trying to get there early :)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:42 am

tyres arrived, and have been fitted. ever so slight issue with the a wheel weight just touching the brake caliper on one side (went from the old style lead clamped to the rim to the new style little squares stuck to the flat bit inside the rim) but that should self clearance right?

so ill definitely be at the drive in tomorrow night :)

just need to clean the blue off the white lettering on the new tyres, probably do something about that wheel weight and give her a wash. the wife should be happy to help with all that after work today on our wedding anniversary yeah?
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:24 am

Was a great night friday night. Apparently had over 200 cars there. Somehow i ended up sitting next to 2, 9 year old boys instead of the wife on the bench seat, but whatever.

Some photos here for those on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/11881062827950 ... 119274703/

Even have a couple of pics of my car in there.

i should add, not my photos either. im not that talented a photographer, lol.

tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:06 pm

seeing as this thread seems to have devolved into me just talking to myself, ill ignore the hint and keep gong ;)

im planning on joining this on saturday: https://adelaideautoexpo.com.au/expo-ev ... el-cruise/

i rode in a mates car last year, and had a ball. not sure where the cruise is to this year, last year it was up and down anzac highway between glenelg and the city. we ended up parking at kmart to grab a feed and just watch everyone go past. the daughter, 11 at the time, had a bit of an education at the end of the night when we did the hindley st cruise on our way home :lol:

will be my last drive for a little while probably as the nova goes in monday to have the blowout damage fixed. not sure how long that will take, but ill assume it will be a couple of weeks at least.
tipper
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Motoring/Motorsport