Cars

Cars, V8 racing, F1 racing, motorbikes, vintage, new, mechanical

Re: Cars

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:29 pm

Booney wrote:Good to go...

I love your wheels Boon.

How close to orginal is it - paint etc.

I'm just about to register my thing as a seasonal rego. Anyone else do season rego for their part time ride?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:37 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Booney wrote:Good to go...

I love your wheels Boon.

How close to orginal is it - paint etc.

I'm just about to register my thing as a seasonal rego. Anyone else do season rego for their part time ride?

Thanks mate.

Colour is the original paint code with a fleck of pearl in it. We resprayed it when we reconditioned it. Seats and door trims are original, the hood lining and parcel shelf were retrimmed, reworked the block to run on unleaded. Other than that, same same. All matching numbers, 48,000 miles on the clock.

I'm on historic registration, part of SMASA ( Street Machine Association South Australia ) and insured with Shannons. ( Nobody else will touch it ).

Are you in a club? You will need to be to get historic reg.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:35 am

Booney wrote:Picked up this little number today.

2011 VW Passat. 2.0lt turbo diesel,6 speed DSG, sat nav, BOSE Audio, parking sensors, leather, cruise, etc etc.

You, bastards.

We regret to inform you that the Type EA 189 engine built into your vehicle with the Vehicle Identification Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, you submitted as at 08/10/2015 09:00:57 AM is affected by software that causes discrepancies in the values for oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during dynometer runs. Your car is safe from a technical standpoint.

We are very sorry to have broken your trust and are working at full speed to find a technical solution. Volkswagen will cover the cost relating directly to this repair.

We would ask that you leave your current contact details so we can ensure we have the most up to date information for you:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:11 am

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:Picked up this little number today.

2011 VW Passat. 2.0lt turbo diesel,6 speed DSG, sat nav, BOSE Audio, parking sensors, leather, cruise, etc etc.

You, bastards.

We regret to inform you that the Type EA 189 engine built into your vehicle with the Vehicle Identification Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, you submitted as at 08/10/2015 09:00:57 AM is affected by software that causes discrepancies in the values for oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during dynometer runs. Your car is safe from a technical standpoint.

We are very sorry to have broken your trust and are working at full speed to find a technical solution. Volkswagen will cover the cost relating directly to this repair.

We would ask that you leave your current contact details so we can ensure we have the most up to date information for you:

That's pretty ordinary. It could cost them squillions both in dollars and in people's trust for a generation (if they last that long). Un-believeable.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:34 am

Our house has 3 VW's in it.Mine, the Passat with the Diesel, Mrs Boon has a 1.6 petrol Golf and Junior Boon has a 90's 1.4 Polo.

They're fantastic cars, all are pretty much bullet proof when it comes to theft, they are low down on thieves lists of easy break ins, reliable and all of them are very, very economical. They're great on tyres, brake pads, all the wear and tear items last. Mrs.Boon is up to nearly 35,000 km's on her tyres and bar needing a rotation and balance look like they'll do another 15-20,000.

Pissed about mine. It'll lose power when "fixed", not run as economically fuel wise and potentially have higher costs associated with more regular servicing. If I could sell it right now, I would, but who is going to buy it?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Booney wrote:Our house has 3 VW's in it.Mine, the Passat with the Diesel, Mrs Boon has a 1.6 petrol Golf and Junior Boon has a 90's 1.4 Polo.

They're fantastic cars, all are pretty much bullet proof when it comes to theft, they are low down on thieves lists of easy break ins, reliable and all of them are very, very economical. They're great on tyres, brake pads, all the wear and tear items last. Mrs.Boon is up to nearly 35,000 km's on her tyres and bar needing a rotation and balance look like they'll do another 15-20,000.

Pissed about mine. It'll lose power when "fixed", not run as economically fuel wise and potentially have higher costs associated with more regular servicing. If I could sell it right now, I would, but who is going to buy it?

Not me, or anyone who hasn't been hiding under a rock!

Just do what a mate of mine is doing - don't get it fixed.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:56 am

Well the Passat may morph into a new Liberty ( 2.5i Premium ) in the next week or two if the Subaru dealer can find $3000 in the deal including the trade-in and new vehicle.

He's close to my number but not quite there and is a rookie who was sweating bullets during the negotiation. :lol:

Might even go for a years rego to boot!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:23 pm

have negotiations stalled?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby carey » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:51 pm

Brought a new set of wheels on Wednesday.

2013 Ford territory 7 seater turbo diesel TS limited edition. Absolutely love it. The more I look At it the more I love it.

I can't believe the room this car has, yet the out side doesn't look like a 'Mini Bus' so to speak. So neat and tidy, Still has new car warranty. Absolutely stoked with the deal we got. Brought it private and the bloke knows me through footy, Thought that would've worked against me but apparently he thought I was a good bloke.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Dog_ger2 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:24 pm

First car driven - Ford XM. If I remember correctly, 1964. Electric heaters, something of a first back then.

Current car - Commodore VF Calais (my sunday drive) Commodore VY 11(My every day drive)

Best car driven - Commodore VF Calais, Maybe the Sandman Panel Van has good memories.. The RT Charger was fast..

Worst car driven - Ford GT Cortina MK1. Why the GT..? Maybe the HR Holden...

Maybe I have had 20 cars over my life time.

I am 59.

Only Aussie cars.
Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Dog_ger2 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:50 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:have negotiations stalled?

Yep, they fell through, mainly because the sales manager was a pushy arse wipe who boiled my piss and I didn't want to deal with him.

So, short list :

Skoda Octavia RS - Basically a Golf GTi under a mid sized sedan. Wolf in sheep clothing.

VF II Commodore SV6 - Worst part is I'm a Ford man and don't want to be a wanker Commodore driver, but space, build quality and resale kill the Falcon and I'll not even consider the new/last Falcon. If I get it do I have to drive in the laying down position?

Passat All - Track Wagon - 2.0lt diesel ( I'm in a diesel Passat at the moment ) and while it looks like a good compromise for what I'm after. We want to add roof racks to get 2 kayaks in board, I want some more space and a little bit of off-road capability without going to a truck.

Ford Ranger - If I go full truck ( 'Merica ) I might go to the Ranger.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Just finishing up details in the Skoda Octavia Scout.

132TSi. 1.8lt turbo charged with 132kw, AWD, Sat Nav on 8" screen, 6 stack, DVD, leather accentuated trim ( Have full leather now and can't say I love it ), 9 airbags, all the bells, whistles and gadgets.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:12 pm

I don't understand the big deal about leather seats.

For mine, i'm not keen on paying thousands of extra dollars so I can get 3rd degrees on my arse everytime i get in the car in the summer.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:31 am

Footy Chick wrote:I don't understand the big deal about leather seats.

For mine, i'm not keen on paying thousands of extra dollars so I can get 3rd degrees on my arse everytime i get in the car in the summer.

Sliding into them on a cold winter morning with the heater on is a delight, make no mistake.

Sticking to them on a hot summers day and feeling your back, legs and posterior sweat up is the polar opposite.

Keeping them clean is easy ( admittedly I don't have kids with bananas in the car ) and they are a little touch of luxury/class, the new one I'm getting only has leather trim, not full leather and in just one day, a hot day, I noticed a difference and a good one at that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby westozfalcon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:54 pm

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:have negotiations stalled?

Yep, they fell through, mainly because the sales manager was a pushy arse wipe who boiled my piss and I didn't want to deal with him.

So, short list :

Skoda Octavia RS - Basically a Golf GTi under a mid sized sedan. Wolf in sheep clothing.

VF II Commodore SV6 - Worst part is I'm a Ford man and don't want to be a wanker Commodore driver, but space, build quality and resale kill the Falcon and I'll not even consider the new/last Falcon. If I get it do I have to drive in the laying down position?

Passat All - Track Wagon - 2.0lt diesel ( I'm in a diesel Passat at the moment ) and while it looks like a good compromise for what I'm after. We want to add roof racks to get 2 kayaks in board, I want some more space and a little bit of off-road capability without going to a truck.

Ford Ranger - If I go full truck ( 'Merica ) I might go to the Ranger.

The Falcon 2-litre 4cyl Ecoboost (in my opinion the most underrated car in Australia) puts out more torque than a Commodore SV6.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 22, 2017 10:27 am

:D
Attachments
Boons pride.jpg
Boons pride.jpg (455.58 KiB) Viewed 779 times
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue May 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Am looking at a 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe, 30 Special Edition SUV, Auto 2WD MY17 6cyl 3.3l petrol
$39,990 drive away
Thoughts?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Tue May 30, 2017 6:08 pm

Im looking at a dual cab ute around the same price, because i dont want a mummy wagon.

Possibly a triton at this stage. Any thoughts?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Psyber » Tue May 30, 2017 6:14 pm

bennymacca wrote:Im looking at a dual cab ute around the same price, because i dont want a mummy wagon.

Possibly a triton at this stage. Any thoughts?

A guy I know who runs a large station in the north says he only buys Isuzu utes for that environment, although he conceded he had bought his daughter a Great Wall, "but she only uses it to run a few bales of hay up to her horses and it will last long enough for the price on those light duties."
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Motoring/Motorsport