Holden Monaro

Cars, V8 racing, F1 racing, motorbikes, vintage, new, mechanical

Holden Monaro

Postby Sojourner » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:30 pm

A tribute to one of the greatest Australian made cars ever! 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY4CXlUT ... r_embedded
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Re: Holden Monaro

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:45 am

Hey how's your resto going?

I spoke to my old lady and she's finally concluded that the HX she's got sitting in a shed in Paruna is going to be mine, BUT she wants to fix it up before handing it over...

Where would be a good place to get spares from? She mentioned the floor pans are pretty much rusted through so I searched around and found this site...

http://www.rarespares.net.au/holdenheav ... RO&car=14B

Apart from that I know the quarters were a bit shabby last time I saw it (early 2000's) so it would have only gotten worse, it apparently still runs so that's a plus but I'm sure it's gonna need some lovin to get it purring again...

Obviously I've looked on eBay and gumtree but need some assistance as to where the best place to go is. Anyone know of any wreckers that are reliable and good? Or backyarders that are all over it?
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Psyber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:34 pm

In early 1969 I bought a Bathurst model HK 327 Monaro manual - blue with the black, off centre, stripes.
It was hard not to do burnouts with the Dunlop cross ply tyres that came with it.
Changing those to Michelin XAS tyres improved the control and steering a lot.
Yes, it did do the claimed 125 miles per hour, but tended to lift at the front a little at that speed.

It went with my first wife when we split up in 1975 as part of the settlement deal.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby tigerpie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:49 pm

[quote="Psyber"]In early 1969 I bought a Bathurst model HK 327 Monaro manual - blue with the black, off centre, stripes.
It was hard not to do burnouts with the Dunlop cross ply tyres that came with it.
Yes, it did do the claimed 125 miles per hour, but tended to lift at the front a little at that speed.

It went with my first wife when we split up in 1975 as part of the settlement deal.[/quote]

?????
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Psyber » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:06 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Psyber wrote:In early 1969 I bought a Bathurst model HK 327 Monaro manual - blue with the black, off centre, stripes.

It went with my first wife when we split up in 1975 as part of the settlement deal.
?????
I had a Datsun Fairlady 2 litre soft top as well then and, of the two cars, she wanted the Monaro, which she was used to driving.
It was a deal worth making in in the context of a negotiated divorce settlement.
(A bit like the recent VW advert. "I'm taking the Golf.")

I traded the Fairlady in on a 260Z a few months later.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:13 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:Hey how's your resto going?

I spoke to my old lady and she's finally concluded that the HX she's got sitting in a shed in Paruna is going to be mine, BUT she wants to fix it up before handing it over...

Where would be a good place to get spares from? She mentioned the floor pans are pretty much rusted through so I searched around and found this site...

http://www.rarespares.net.au/holdenheav ... RO&car=14B

Apart from that I know the quarters were a bit shabby last time I saw it (early 2000's) so it would have only gotten worse, it apparently still runs so that's a plus but I'm sure it's gonna need some lovin to get it purring again...

Obviously I've looked on eBay and gumtree but need some assistance as to where the best place to go is. Anyone know of any wreckers that are reliable and good? Or backyarders that are all over it?

Swap meets are good NG, usually at Gawler, Strathalbyn etc.

Send me a pm with either a list of items needed or an email addy to send to someone I know who has quite a range of spares to suit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Board index   General Talk  Motoring/Motorsport